Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2023, 08:28 PM

2,191 posts, read 1,847,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
And it affects you how? Why do you care? Why do you think people being killed is no big deal. See that attitude is part of the problem and why this city deserves the reputation it has. and why people and companys are leaving. And why people do not come here
I will tell you exactly why I care. While robberies and auto thefts are up, and it's a problem, murders are actually down 2 years in a row. And it's people like YOU and Fox News who revel in amplifying and spreading every negative news story about Chicago as opportunities to scream about Democrats etc.

Meanwhile there are thousands of tourists and locals flooding downtown every day, working, enjoying the city, running the lakefront etc.

There are problems for sure. We don't have enough cops. And yeah taxes are high like they are in most big cities.

But it's YOURS and others negative crap that is making it even worse. Don't you see you are contributing to the problem and not being a part of any solutions??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2023, 08:37 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
I will tell you exactly why I care. While robberies and auto thefts are up, and it's a problem, murders are actually down 2 years in a row. And it's people like YOU and Fox News who revel in amplifying and spreading every negative news story about Chicago as opportunities to scream about Democrats etc.

Meanwhile there are thousands of tourists and locals flooding downtown every day, working, enjoying the city, running the lakefront etc.

There are problems for sure. We don't have enough cops. And yeah taxes are high like they are in most big cities.

But it's YOURS and others negative crap that is making it even worse. Don't you see you are contributing to the problem and not being a part of any solutions??
Exactly crime is way up and people are still being killed. And now we have illegals casing even more issues. And Nobody mentioned Fox news, that is your obsession not mine. But if they do report this crap then good for them as it is reality and nothing you say is going to change that.

And the media NOT Fox but CHICAGO media has said Chicago unlike other places is struggling to get people to visit now. Do not blame me for the insanity going on here. it is people like you that vote for it. So enjoy and stop cryong to me. I do not want to hear it.

And you are right about one thing we do not have enough cops. Who would want to be a cop here!!

Like ALL the other times you cry to me. YOU are NOT the one I was talking to. I was answering someone else on here which has NOTHING to do with you at all

People all over the world fear coming here and they have every right to feel that way. if you do not like it guess what? It changes nothing

Last edited by Robert9; 09-24-2023 at 08:58 PM..

Old 09-25-2023, 02:53 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,616,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post

Your leadership caused the crimes, not Fox. And if it wasn't clear, this is exclusively a Chicago crime thread. You made the choice to read what's in it.

Old 09-25-2023, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Your leadership caused the crimes, not Fox. And if it wasn't clear, this is exclusively a Chicago crime thread. You made the choice to read what's in it.
Well said!

Last edited by Robert9; 09-25-2023 at 05:14 AM..

Old 09-25-2023, 05:05 AM

253 posts, read 122,344 times
Quote:

People all over the world fear coming here and they have every right to feel that way. if you do not like it guess what? It changes nothing

"From January to June, hotel revenue in Chicago hit $1.12 billion, up 24% from last year, and 102% from pre-pandemic 2019, setting a new record for the city."

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news...nue-tax-money/

I assume it is out-of-towners booking those hotel rooms.

Old 09-25-2023, 05:15 AM

As the man here says things are trending in the wrong direction even in Lincoln Park!

Notice this is not Fox News lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbj7X6AYKr8

Old 09-25-2023, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Exactly!

Not sure what his agenda is. Or why he obsesses over me ALL the time when my original comment was answering a simple question someone else asked that had nothing to do with him at all.

But if he thinks he is going to change how the world views this city I say good luck lolol They know what goes on here. I see the videos and the news and I talk to people from all over the world every single day and I see the hundreds of comments each day. People are not stupid!

People see the usual insane amount of crime we have. Then they saw the insanity happening here with the illegals coming in added to it. And now they see the no cash bail crap! People see the things this mayor says! People see the crime footage endlessly as they city has SO much of it to show!

We are laughed at and mocked each day and people fear coming here NOTHING is going to change that until the city votes for people who will make the changes needed.

And that is never going to happen,

Last edited by Robert9; 09-25-2023 at 05:32 AM..

Old 09-25-2023, 06:09 AM

253 posts, read 122,344 times
Quote:

We are laughed at and mocked each day and people fear coming here NOTHING is going to change that until the city votes for people who will make the changes needed.

And that is never going to happen,
If that is "never going to happen", then do the sensible thing for your own sanity and move to Florida already. You evidently can no longer stand it in Chicagoland, so exercise your right to move! Why stick around if nothing is going to change? Seems like a logical thing to do.

Old 09-25-2023, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOTfan View Post
If that is "never going to happen", then do the sensible thing for your own sanity and move to Florida already. You evidently can no longer stand it in Chicagoland, so exercise your right to move! Why stick around if nothing is going to change? Seems like a logical thing to do.
How does where I live effect you hmmm? Me leaving the city is not going to change the reputation this city has worldwide.

This thread is about Chicago crime, yet people like you and the other person keep obsessing over me when I simply answer questions asked by other people that have nothing at all to do with you.

Stick to the rules of this forum and stick to the topic instead of obsessing over me 24/7

Last edited by Robert9; 09-25-2023 at 06:45 AM..

Old 09-25-2023, 09:22 AM

2,191 posts, read 1,847,904 times
Quote:
If you really want things to improve, then encouraging people to not spend money here isn't the way to do it.

Shouting from the rooftops about how bad a place is, without any ideas for solutions, will only hurt the situation more.

So, by deduction, I assume people who do that WANT the city to fail. And those people don't get any respect from me. Nor do they provide anything of value to this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago