Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2023, 12:17 PM

253 posts, read 122,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post

This thread is about Chicago crime, yet people like you and the other person keep obsessing over me when I simply answer questions asked by other people that have nothing at all to do with you.

Stick to the rules of this forum and stick to the topic instead of obsessing over me 24/7
Until this morning, the last time I posted a comment was way back on August 27. Challenging your comment asserting that "people all over the world fear coming here" IS on topic. Heck, even the staid Crains Chicago Business (to which I subscribe) periodically acknowledges that there has been enough incremental improvement that commuters, shoppers, and tourists are steadily increasing in number.

You've previously crowed several times about the influx of residents to Florida, from Illinois and elsewhere. If you are that impressed with Florida and so down on Chicago, why not suggest that you relocate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2023, 12:41 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOTfan View Post
Until this morning, the last time I posted a comment was way back on August 27. Challenging your comment asserting that "people all over the world fear coming here" IS on topic. Heck, even the staid Crains Chicago Business (to which I subscribe) periodically acknowledges that there has been enough incremental improvement that commuters, shoppers, and tourists are steadily increasing in number.

You've previously crowed several times about the influx of residents to Florida, from Illinois and elsewhere. If you are that impressed with Florida and so down on Chicago, why not suggest that you relocate?
So move there then who cares. Chicago will still be a violent city and have that reputation due to this fact whether you go or not. So have fun

Old 09-25-2023, 01:39 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,247,544 times
Good day, all. Hoping you are all doing well, and enjoying this fantastic weather.

In life, we weigh all factors, and then make what we believe to be our best decisions.

As an outsider to Chicago, I acknowledge that crime exists, that it includes violence, and that it has spread recently to areas that were once "rather untouched."

So WHY do I come down every weekend, playing a "Russian roulette ", so to speak?

Hmmm. A great question..... Perhaps I'm just plain crazy. I have a death wish? I certainly drive, and bicycle and walk through areas that are considered high risk.

Maybe because, by the blessing of God, I've never been victimized, and so there's no actual trauma-based fear factor.

All I know is, I feel happy when I come down. And I feel like I'm NOT an outsider. And I thank ALL of you for contributing here, and keeping my mind on Chicago, even when I'm a good 75 miles away!

Have a great afternoon. Stay blessed, everyone!!

Old 09-25-2023, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Good day, all. Hoping you are all doing well, and enjoying this fantastic weather.

In life, we weigh all factors, and then make what we believe to be our best decisions.

As an outsider to Chicago, I acknowledge that crime exists, that it includes violence, and that it has spread recently to areas that were once "rather untouched."

So WHY do I come down every weekend, playing a "Russian roulette ", so to speak?

Hmmm. A great question..... Perhaps I'm just plain crazy. I have a death wish? I certainly drive, and bicycle and walk through areas that are considered high risk.

Maybe because, by the blessing of God, I've never been victimized, and so there's no actual trauma-based fear factor.

All I know is, I feel happy when I come down. And I feel like I'm NOT an outsider. And I thank ALL of you for contributing here, and keeping my mind on Chicago, even when I'm a good 75 miles away!

Have a great afternoon. Stay blessed, everyone!!
You are practically a Chicagoan! Have a good afternoon

Old 09-25-2023, 03:12 PM

2,191 posts, read 1,848,685 times
Jay spends more time in Chicago than most people on this thread.

And wouldn't you know it, it's by choice! And he loves it (like most people do).

Old 09-25-2023, 03:28 PM

Robert9 and Kmanshouse,

My friends...

You're BOTH right!!

This weekend was biking from Lincoln Square to St. Paul Unity Church Oktoberfest on Saturday. And the same route to St. Alphonsus Oktoberfest, yesterday.... I tried to get into the L & L Lunge, in Lakeview, as I heard Jeffrey Dahmer AND John Wayne Gacy had gone there (a much more macabre Milwaukee/Chicago connection!), but they were closed!.....

I was sad to read today that establishments I passed on my Lincoln Avenue bike trips were burglarized (Sunday night, late, I believe).

Be well, everyone!

Old 09-25-2023, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by master jay View Post
robert9 and kmanshouse,

my friends...

You're both right!!

this weekend was biking from lincoln square to st. Paul unity church oktoberfest on saturday. And the same route to st. Alphonsus oktoberfest, yesterday.... I tried to get into the l & l lunge, in lakeview, as i heard jeffrey dahmer and john wayne gacy had gone there (a much more macabre milwaukee/chicago connection!), but they were closed!.....

I was sad to read today that establishments i passed on my lincoln avenue bike trips were burglarized (sunday night, late, i believe).

Be well, everyone!
stay safe!!!!

Old 09-25-2023, 07:24 PM

Robert9, thank you.

To you, and all these city-data.commers.

And to live life to its fullest!

Old 09-25-2023, 08:53 PM

219 posts, read 135,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Exactly!

Not sure what his agenda is. Or why he obsesses over me ALL the time when my original comment was answering a simple question someone else asked that had nothing to do with him at all.

But if he thinks he is going to change how the world views this city I say good luck lolol They know what goes on here. I see the videos and the news and I talk to people from all over the world every single day and I see the hundreds of comments each day. People are not stupid!

People see the usual insane amount of crime we have. Then they saw the insanity happening here with the illegals coming in added to it. And now they see the no cash bail crap! People see the things this mayor says! People see the crime footage endlessly as they city has SO much of it to show!

We are laughed at and mocked each day and people fear coming here NOTHING is going to change that until the city votes for people who will make the changes needed.

And that is never going to happen,
The people who mock and fear coming to Chicago are people who hate cities in general. Country bumpkins or suburbanites. People that like NYC, San Francisco, Toronto, London, don't trash Chicago. It's the people who love Harrison Arkansas or Paducah Kentucky.

Old 09-26-2023, 07:45 AM

2,191 posts, read 1,848,685 times
Robberies are the problem in this city right now. Not murders.

I have zero fear of being killed. But I'm very conscious of putting myself in situations to be robbed. 3/4 of them are in the wee hours - and my years of late night antics are behind me. But I still keep my head on a swivel, and tell my wife and daughter to do the same. It's an epidemic in the city right now. These 14-18 year old AA kids are driving around robbing multiple people every night - they need to find a dark room to live in for the rest of their lives. So do their parents.

But the murders are shockingly way down in September. It's the 26th, and we are at 34 this month.

Last year, 71. Year before that, 96. That's a big decrease.

So it's incorrect to say that you are more likely to get killed in Chicago now than you were 1 or 2 years ago. It's the opposite.

But robbed? Yeah, more likely now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago