Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
Oh God is all I can say...........
You called?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I edited my post right before you posted this. (I left out a word.) I can see how without that word you would be thrown off. By traffic I meant of all kinds-not just vehicular and especially not vehicular.

Yeah "busy streets" are usually your friend, but side streets and less traveled "busy" streets late at night in highly transient areas are not.
I got the gyst of your message, and was agreeing with you.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:27 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,072,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Shaddup. Edgewater was part of Uptown until the 1970s. Take away the sort of rotten heart of central Uptown, and you've got a neighborhood that closely resembles Edgewater--and probably has less crime. I don't care where you lived. Clearly you didn't pick up any sort of perspective on the neighborhood.

I don't think Edgewater is a bad neighborhood by any means and I would have no problem living there myself. But it's misleading to say that no part of Edgewater is sketchy. More than misleading, it's just wrong.
I COMPLETELY disagree with you! The race make-up (please spare me the stats on that too) of the two nabes are different, as well as the look and feel. I know that there's been alot of improvent on certain streets since the mid 90's in the Uptown. Like on the street of Agatite, new condo conv, new business on Broadway, etc. But still, WAY too many scumbags and homeless there.

As far as my "perspective"? I grew up loafing on street corners, and got into alot of jackpots by doing so. I spent quite a bit of time locked up as a juvinile. So believe me when I tell you, I know WHAT to fear, and WHEN to fear it. I guess I don't scare as easy as you guys. And Edgewater is a 'soft' city nabe, there's no two ways about it! If somebody fears it, I'd suggest they move to Rockford, Il instead.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:31 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
I got the gyst of your message, and was agreeing with you.
Ok. I thought you did. I just needed to clarify just in case.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
I COMPLETELY disagree with you! The race make-up (please spare me the stats on that too) of the two nabes are different, as well as the look and feel. I know that there's been alot of improvent on certain streets since the mid 90's in the Uptown. Like on the street of Agatite, new condo conv, new business on Broadway, etc. But still, WAY too many scumbags and homeless there.

As far as my "perspective"? I grew up loafing on street corners, and got into alot of jackpots by doing so. I spent quite a bit of time locked up as a juvinile. So believe me when I tell you, I know WHAT to fear, and WHEN to fear it. I guess I don't scare as easy as you guys. And Edgewater is a 'soft' city nabe, there's no two ways about it! If somebody fears it, I'd suggest they move to Rockford, Il instead.
Well, the "scumbags and homeless" in Uptown are concentrated in the shelters and SROs in a specific part of Uptown--the part I'm proposing be removed for the comparison. At least two-thirds of Uptown is pretty comparable to Edgewater.

I don't "fear" Edgewater. But I do maintain that you are full of crap when you say no part of it is sketchy. Are you going to get gunned down in the street in Edgewater? It's highly unlikely. But you do have to keep your eyes open and be a little bit more aware of your surroundings than you do in, say Lincoln Square for instance. I'm sure somone who has spent more than two weeks in Brooklyn can handle it! I'm not arguing that--just arguing against your false claims.

Rockford is an absolute hellhole, by the way, so I'm not sure where you're coming from there. Makes no sense...

And neither does arguing with the new resident troll...

Old 02-11-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Well, the "scumbags and homeless" in Uptown are concentrated in the shelters and SROs in a specific part of Uptown--the part I'm proposing be removed for the comparison. At least two-thirds of Uptown is pretty comparable to Edgewater.

I don't "fear" Edgewater. But I do maintain that you are full of crap when you say no part of it is sketchy. Are you going to get gunned down in the street in Edgewater? It's highly unlikely. But you do have to keep your eyes open and be a little bit more aware of your surroundings than you do in, say Lincoln Square for instance.

Rockford is an absolute hellhole, by the way, so I'm not sure where you're coming from there. Makes no sense...

And neither does arguing with the new resident troll...
"Resident troll"? Anyone who DISAGREES with you is a troll?

I wasn't aware that "Rockford" is a "hellhole". I just drove past it before. I thought is was a little "country town". Move to some other suburb or town then.

2/3rds is comparible to Edgewater? I doubt that, HIGHLY! Don't forget, ALOT of those scumbags and creeps ain't all homeless. They go home to an apt everynight. Which will be scattered all over the Uptown area. Look at the difference just driving up Sheridan or Broadway. And the sidestreets in Uptown are alot different than those in Edgewater.

Sketchy? Again, you're IN Chicago, not Mayberry! You'll have that!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
"Resident troll"? Anyone who DISAGREES with you is a troll?

I wasn't aware that "Rockford" is a "hellhole". I just drove past it before. I thought is was a little "country town". Move to some other suburb or town then.

2/3rds is comparible to Edgewater? I doubt that, HIGHLY! Don't forget, ALOT of those scumbags and creeps ain't all homeless. They go home to an apt everynight. Which will be scattered all over the Uptown area. Look at the difference just driving up Sheridan or Broadway. And the sidestreets in Uptown are alot different than those in Edgewater.

I live in Uptown, you nitwit.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
I live in Uptown, you nitwit.
What gave that away, maybe that you have it listed? Sounds like you might be a BIG hermit though. The way you fear Edgewater, Uptown must be like a war-zone to you.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
What gave that away, maybe that you have it listed? Sounds like you might be a BIG hermit though. The way you fear Edgewater, Uptown must be like a war-zone to you.

No one "fears" Edgewater here. I'm just pointing out that it's not as trouble-free as you are claiming. Though you sure seem to fear Uptown for some reason. Better watch out! A homeless person might give you lice!

Old 02-12-2009, 09:55 AM

473 posts, read 760,786 times
Quote:
Dude, you're the one trying to make Edgewater sound like Mayberry by denying it has any sketchy areas. You're also over the top by disagreeing with those who voiced concerns about Janinele jogging by herself at 5am. Not the best idea, no matter what the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago