Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,928,890 times

Advertisements

I ripped it at dinner last night, it doesnt sound as cool when I say it. I guess im not alpha enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 10:08 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,112,824 times
I think I ended up biking over 70 miles this weekend, too. I also was dressed like a dude, and I made sure to yell out how much my bike was worth each time I passed someone.

("It's a $500 bike with new $20 pedals!" ... "It's a $500 bike with new $20 pedals!" ... "It's a $500 bike with new $20 pedals!" ... "It's a $500 bike with new $20 pedals!" ... "It's a $500 bike with new $20 pedals!" ... "It's a $500 bike with new $20 pedals!" ... "It's a $500 bike with new $20 pedals!" ... "It's a $500 bike with new $20 pedals!" ... "It's a $500 bike with new $20 pedals!" ... "It's a $500 bike with new $20 pedals!" ... "It's a $500 bike with new $20 pedals!" ... "It's a $500 bike with new $20 pedals!")

People looked so impressed.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:28 AM

569 posts, read 1,821,060 times
Just my observation, but there seems to be two kinds of responses to Jesse's threads. They are either normal or borderline threatening. To those of you who make threatening replies, how much of your hatred is due to his unique stylings or the fact that he is a cross dresser?

Old 05-26-2009, 10:44 AM

1,912 posts, read 5,448,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkylittleton View Post
Just my observation, but there seems to be two kinds of responses to Jesse's threads. They are either normal or borderline threatening. To those of you who make threatening replies, how much of your hatred is due to his unique stylings or the fact that he is a cross dresser?
we love jesse here. he's like everybody's cross-dressing, 40-year-old little brother.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:49 AM

1,095 posts, read 3,999,504 times
I didn't know he cross-dressed. Then again, I don't think my response was threatening. I got a laugh out of his post. I just blew him some **** because of the way he was going on about his bike. It's a great bike, but who cares what brand of water bottles you carry?

Old 05-26-2009, 10:52 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,928,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surlycue View Post
we love jesse here. he's like everybody's cross-dressing, 40-year-old little brother.
My 40 year old cross dressing brother has a job.

Just saying...

Old 05-26-2009, 11:59 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,811,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
I ripped it at dinner last night, it doesnt sound as cool when I say it. I guess im not alpha enough.
That just sounds like you passed gas. Which is only cool in a Blazing Saddles kind of way.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:47 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkylittleton View Post
It has to do with the fact that he's a one-trick pony and many of us are getting tired of it. Seemingly every thread he participates in, he manages to steer it toward a) cross-dressing, b) his completely awesome and ridiculously expensive bike collection, or c) bike-riding while cross-dressed. I didn't say anything in or about this thread because it's his own thread and so it's fair game for his favorite subjects. But otherwise, we've simply had it with his insistence on talking obsessively about his two favorite subjects no matter how unrelated to the actual discussion topic and no matter how disinterested the rest of us are in hearing about it. Merely expressing disinterest wasn't enough to get the message across. That's when the hostility began.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:59 PM

939 posts, read 2,381,526 times
Why are you all decked out in your CSC gear? With that ride, you shouldn't be decked out in yesterday's rags. You should get a Cervelo Test Team kit. That way, you could pretend you're Carlos Sastre or Thor Hushovd!

Old 05-26-2009, 02:06 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,112,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
It has to do with the fact that he's a one-trick pony and many of us are getting tired of it. Seemingly every thread he participates in, he manages to steer it toward a) cross-dressing, b) his completely awesome and ridiculously expensive bike collection, or c) bike-riding while cross-dressed. I didn't say anything in or about this thread because it's his own thread and so it's fair game for his favorite subjects. But otherwise, we've simply had it with his insistence on talking obsessively about his two favorite subjects no matter how unrelated to the actual discussion topic and no matter how disinterested the rest of us are in hearing about it. Merely expressing disinterest wasn't enough to get the message across. That's when the hostility began.
That and his rainman-style cataloguing of anything of value he owns, over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago