Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:14 PM

734 posts, read 1,080,100 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

As you may or may not know, I am an Indian American that will be in chicago all of next week. I am unfortunately, under 21 and was told that it would be impossible to get into the glitzy places of Chicago like Crimson lounge, Elm Street, Violet hour Bon V etc.

And I was really hoping that someone could help me find some other similar places that I could get into or an even better, and more scandolous option, anyone know how i can get in regardless

Really appreciate the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 12:50 PM

440 posts, read 1,501,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEstudent View Post
Hey guys,

As you may or may not know, I am an Indian American that will be in chicago all of next week. I am unfortunately, under 21 and was told that it would be impossible to get into the glitzy places of Chicago like Crimson lounge, Elm Street, Violet hour Bon V etc.

And I was really hoping that someone could help me find some other similar places that I could get into or an even better, and more scandolous option, anyone know how i can get in regardless
The solution to your problem is really quite simple, so lets go for the gold, shall we?

Here's what you need to do:

1. Take the Blue Island bus from the Loop to 26th street.
2. Stop at any of the local restaurants and enjoy some great Mexican Food.
3. Tell everyone you meet that the "migra" is after you and you need a fake ID, or you're gonna get shipped back to your starving mother in Los Mochis who will surely die if you are no longer able to send money home for her medicine.
4. Bring CASH and be prepared to pay up the wazoo for a fake drivers license (you'll be greasing mafia paws, and trust me, they don't come cheap).

And faster than you can say "Purepecha de Parangarecutirimiquaro", you'll be 21 - AND have stories to tell your grandchildren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEstudent View Post
Really appreciate the help!
Glad I could help you out, kid. Good luck.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:56 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,875,838 times
OK, that was good.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:03 PM

440 posts, read 1,501,998 times
And DoubleE: don't forget to come back and tell us all about your "Excellent Adventure" in Lawndale!

Old 05-27-2009, 01:23 PM

5 posts, read 19,103 times
i am 21 now, finally, and have lived in the city all of my life. depending on what your interests are, there are endless oppurtunities to find things to do.

1)i suggest to spend one of those days down town. check out navy pier, and the park and etc. it is always cool to walk around the sky scrapers
2) there are plenty of under 21 clubs. and a large majority of the bars do not card. go to wrigleyville or down to the south side on western avenue on a friday night. there will be huge amounts of people, and the bars just want to make money.
3) check out if any shows or conventions are goin on in rosemont area
4) catch a white sox or cubs game. or both.
5) ride the trains around and get the "big city" feel.
6) check out greektown, chinatown, and other ethnically inclined areas.

Chicago is one of those places where you can just walk around anywhere and have a good time.
but be extremely weary of which neighborhoods you enter. chicago has some of the most crime and gang ratio. There is also still a large mobster presence in the west side. irish in southwest. polish in northwest. gays in northeast. stay away from areas inbetween, and you have absolutely NO reason to go to the east side. LUCKILY you can ride the trains right through all of the shady, crime infested areas.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:18 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,443,343 times
Violet Hour is glitzy? It's in an unmarked, bordered up storefront and constantly marred with train noise.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:01 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
EE- You might want to visit the Prarie District at 18th and Prarie. Besides having some impressive old architecture it's where the Potawatomis and Kickapoos defeated the Americans in 1812, the Fort Dearborn Massacre. Maybe you'd enjoy seeing where you guys won one?

Old 05-27-2009, 03:07 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
^^Wait, I assumed Indian American meant he's of Indian descent but an American citizen, not that he was a native American.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:14 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,443,343 times
I didn't realize that we ever fought against Bombayans. You learn something new every day!

ETA: Damn, aragx6 beat me to it.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:40 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surlycue View Post
I didn't realize that we ever fought against Bombayans. You learn something new every day!
It's not called Bombay anymore but Mumbai. Now you learned two things today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago