Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 02:30 PM

204 posts, read 761,517 times

Advertisements

Good luck in NYC. Its worst then chicago. I love chicago. born and raised. My major problem with the city is not the violence its the taxes and nickle and diming people every chance these liberal a@@holes can. People like stroger, daley and every other jerk out there who has no idea what realitiy is. Thats why i would move and it would be a place with low taxes. Chicago was a great city to live in but with the high taxes and the blue collar middle class moving out and the once unique ethnic neighborhoods being destroyed by new condos just disgust me. These animals can kill each other all day and night if they wanted to and i would give a sh$t. Its when the innocent get hurt is when i care and that happens but not that much. Now Quinn wants to raise the income tax to 4 and half percent. He can shove that up his @ss. thats what i think of that idea. Let the regular people pay for what all the greedy politicians did to help their friends and family. They are the ones who made this world class city bankrupt. a city of this size with the attractions it has should not be bankrupt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 03:46 PM

306 posts, read 476,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottl333 View Post
Good luck in NYC. Its worst then chicago. I love chicago. born and raised. My major problem with the city is not the violence its the taxes and nickle and diming people every chance these liberal a@@holes can. People like stroger, daley and every other jerk out there who has no idea what realitiy is. Thats why i would move and it would be a place with low taxes. Chicago was a great city to live in but with the high taxes and the blue collar middle class moving out and the once unique ethnic neighborhoods being destroyed by new condos just disgust me. These animals can kill each other all day and night if they wanted to and i would give a sh$t. Its when the innocent get hurt is when i care and that happens but not that much. Now Quinn wants to raise the income tax to 4 and half percent. He can shove that up his @ss. thats what i think of that idea. Let the regular people pay for what all the greedy politicians did to help their friends and family. They are the ones who made this world class city bankrupt. a city of this size with the attractions it has should not be bankrupt.
Yeah, why the heck does Daley keep getting elected? Do people actually like him or is it the whole, Chicago is liberal but not progressive, thing?

Old 05-29-2009, 04:02 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,240,558 times
Cus if anyone trys to take over Daley... the mob will whack 'em.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:56 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,744,746 times
I'm not surprised with gunshots and drive by shootings in BLACK neighborhoods. They're usually done by low income / welfare / gangster / gangster rap listening low lifes that got nothing better to do than kill someone. And often I have a low opinion of black people because they just usually BRING PEOPLE DOWN... I'm not racist against them, but this is my experience of them...

So don't just Chicago by these low lifes!

Old 05-29-2009, 08:29 PM

204 posts, read 761,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMathYou View Post
Yeah, why the heck does Daley keep getting elected? Do people actually like him or is it the whole, Chicago is liberal but not progressive, thing?
because he controls the alderman. thats why. the alderman get votes by basically paying off the neighborhoods to vote the way they want.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:26 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,240,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I'm not surprised with gunshots and drive by shootings in BLACK neighborhoods. They're usually done by low income / welfare / gangster / gangster rap listening low lifes that got nothing better to do than kill someone. And often I have a low opinion of black people because they just usually BRING PEOPLE DOWN... I'm not racist against them, but this is my experience of them...

That's racist.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:59 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post

SMH

Old 05-30-2009, 09:53 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
It's funny how the phrase "I'm not a racist, but..." is always followed by some really racist ****.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:56 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
As far as the crime issues are concerned, my experience of this city after many years is that the first warm weekends of the Spring and Summer are often the most violent of the entire year. People are just out and about walking the streets more in nicer weather, and this leads to skirmishes. Things usually calm down again after a few weeks, with occasional summer flair ups.

I think I'll avoid the Uptown hot spots for a while... Last year there were too many open air shoot outs during daylight hours, and that kind of freaked me out. I feel pretty safe where I live, but Clarendon Park has issues and that's not that far away...

Old 05-30-2009, 10:15 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,744,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
It's funny how the phrase "I'm not a racist, but..." is always followed by some really racist ****.
You're so BS! I am not racist because what I said about black people is TRUE!

I lived in Wicker Park when it was Hispanic / Black back in the 70's too...

I just have been getting real bad experiences with Black people lately... so yeah, they bring people down...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago