Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 06:56 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,784,084 times

Advertisements

mas 23 deserves a standing ovation for exposing this jag

Old 06-10-2009, 07:04 PM
HCC HCC started this thread

88 posts, read 290,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
mas 23 deserves a standing ovation for exposing this jag
Why the anger Lakshore? Obviously I touched a nerve. An angry, inferior, bitter Chicago nerve...

Old 06-10-2009, 07:11 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,784,084 times
I've been around grunts, working class kids, for quite some time now. Kids with nothing, from no where. I have a different outlook on life, than when I graduated from georgetown.

People like you make me sick, literally. They think because of the degree they have or where they live that, that some how makes them superior beings. The thing you have going for you is you don't have the dignity to say this to people face to face. The true sign of a coward. Crawl back in the hole you came out of. No one cares what you have to say on this message board. You show no signs of behaving like a man.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
I've been around grunts, working class kids, for quite some time now. Kids with nothing, from no where. I have a different outlook on life, than when I graduated from georgetown.

People like you make me sick, literally. They think because of the degree they have or where they live that, that some how makes them superior beings. The thing you have going for you is you don't have the dignity to say this to people face to face. The true sign of a coward. Crawl back in the hole you came out of. No one cares what you have to say on this message board. You show no signs of behaving like a man.
I hardly think my degree makes me superior. I am stating the experiences I had in Chicago and simply doing research to find out what others experiences have been like-who didn't/don't like it. Believe me I said this to many people, but in Chicago, usually fell on deaf ears because for most people coming out of the cornfields, Chicago offered beer, a marketing job and a nice little faux-loft somewhere and a beer bellied chick or dude to kick back and watch the game with.-What's not to love?

Old 06-10-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
And stay out.
Just saw your interests:

Beer, Cars, Law

Now I know why you're so pissed. You people are exactly who and what I was describing. HA!

Nite

Old 06-10-2009, 08:03 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Again. It's you.

It's not Chicago. It's you.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Again. It's you.

It's not Chicago. It's you.
Make that your mantra when you remind yourself how great Chicago is each day.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:09 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,205,471 times
HCC, just because you're a psychologists dream:

1) Where are you from

2) Are you the oldest, youngest or only child

3) How old are you

Old 06-10-2009, 08:11 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCC View Post
Make that your mantra when you remind yourself how great Chicago is each day.
I don't need that. I don't need to remind myself of anything. I'm not:

A) So dependent upon my surroundings that I would let a place so negatively affect my worldview.
B) Unhappy with Chicago, as I've found lots of really amazing stuff here. (By basically going to the places that AREN'T sports bars and Big10 meat markets...). And I have lived in plenty of other places including, for a short time, NYC. I prefer Chicago.
C) Keen on stressing, ad nauseum, how much I love OR hate a place. Instead, I do what I do and spend time with people I enjoy and engage in activities I find interesting. There are few activities that you can't find some outlet for in Chicago. If you can't find them you either weren't looking hard enough or the people doing those fun, exciting things were avoiding you. Which wouldn't be surprising. Because you're an enormous wet blanket.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:11 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCC View Post
Just saw your interests:

Beer, Cars, Law

Now I know why you're so pissed. You people are exactly who and what I was describing. HA!

Nite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago