Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2009, 12:50 PM

211 posts, read 529,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Hmmm. Holeasses. Like folks who get their jollies being provocateurs on the ol' internets.

I think you know what I'm saying, and are being intentionally obtuse. Because that's your gig, right? Straight-forward and "folksy"?

Weak. I see no need to try to convince you of anything. Gay people are flamboyant just to irritate you, and add one more layer to your silly little rage ball.
...he says, with intentional obtuseness.

Yep, raving flamers are indeed pretty irritating for most of us straight folks. And, do little to forward the gay cause, as acceptance of homosexuals among the general public progresses IN SPITE OF that stuff, not because of it.

"Layer of rage ball", lolz. Ain't no rage here, dude...just calling a spade a spade, is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 08:42 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,510,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrolla View Post
...he says, with intentional obtuseness.

Yep, raving flamers are indeed pretty irritating for most of us straight folks. And, do little to forward the gay cause, as acceptance of homosexuals among the general public progresses IN SPITE OF that stuff, not because of it.

"Layer of rage ball", lolz. Ain't no rage here, dude...just calling a spade a spade, is all.
They are flamboyant to be noticed, not to intentionally irratate you. They want everyone to know they are gay in hopes that they get noticed by another boi so they can go somewhere and F. It's said men think about sex every 6 - 10 seconds throughout their day, young gay men think about it non stop. Sex is everything to them. (which is why most of their relationships are short lived probably)

Old 07-06-2009, 09:00 AM

I was just responding to the carolina feller's post about the gays acting like flamers as payback for years of being forced into the closet.

Agreed, I don't think they do it merely to annoy people. But it is annoying, nonetheless.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:57 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,510,990 times
Quote:
I was just responding to the carolina feller's post about the gays acting like flamers as payback for years of being forced into the closet.

Agreed, I don't think they do it merely to annoy people. But it is annoying, nonetheless.
Oh I agree, I HATE HATE HATE HATE did I say HATE? FLAMMERS!!! Gays I don't mind, but flammers, they should all be lined up and well... I don't want to sound violent or nothing

Old 07-06-2009, 03:02 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Again, I'm only referring to SOME gay people, and that their behavior over-the-top behavior is sometimes (again, SOMETIMES) a reaction to having been hanging out in a closet for a long time. Once they're out, in some cases, they're OUT, and fly to the other end of the spectrum.

I only say this, anyway, to perhaps explain the actions of some of these people. Not to excuse those actions (if they, indeed, need excusing). At the end of the day, after all, the stuff you see on Halsted and Belmont and Broadway is sometimes tacky and sometimes distasteful, but its generally harmless.

But hey. I'm a straight guy and this is all just random rumination on my part.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
At the end of the day, after all, the stuff you see on Halsted and Belmont and Broadway is sometimes tacky and sometimes distasteful, but its generally harmless.
Yes, agreed...until you bring your kids there on gay pride parade day, as an exercise in "tolerance and acceptance".

Ha, how's that for completing the circle of this thread!

Old 07-06-2009, 04:47 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Yes, agreed...until you bring your kids there on gay pride parade day, as an exercise in "tolerance and acceptance".

Nice job. We're back on track.

I don't have kids, so I can't really speak to that particular question. I like to leave the parenting to the parents.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:28 AM

725 posts, read 1,849,631 times
Quote:

Oh, Jeez. Can I take your stick away so you can stop beating the dead horse?

Do you want to know how much taking my son to that parade affected him? In absolutely no way except that he had a fun day with mommy. Let it be, please.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:27 PM

5,985 posts, read 13,123,451 times
Quote:

But you know, that is what's so terribly annoying about a large number of the gays...it's all about the freakin' sex with them. That's why them parades feature floats of near-nekkid dudes doing suggestive dances, as opposed to, say, a Greg Louganis look-alike, doing dives into a mobile pool, or a dude on a piano, playing a Tchaikovsky composition, a guy dressed like Aristotle, spouting tidbits of philosophy, or maybe a dude dressed as Alexander the Great, recreating a battle against the Persians. Ya know, that sorta thing.

You wanna show me some pride, show me something you could be proud of. Using your various body orifices to house another man's genitals, that ain't no big feat in my book, sorry.
I agree with you here. They could just have a celebration of historically gay people who've made a big contribution to society. I would be much more open to that. But the way the parades are, I can see why I'm expected to take this seriously.

I think its like Carolina said, after their whole lives having to suppress themselves, I guess they just need a major release (hence the flamboyancy).

Old 09-04-2009, 03:51 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,663,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
But the way the parades are, I can see why I'm expected to take this seriously.
You're not, because your opinion means nothing.

That's the point of the Pride Parade.

Quote:
I think its like Carolina said, after their whole lives having to suppress themselves, I guess they just need a major release (hence the flamboyancy).
It's simply a different culture. Gay culture in general has so much more going for it than the flat, staid "straight guy" culture typical of most American men. They celebrate a lot more, music is much more important, a lot of dancing and drinking... It's just so much more celebratory and so much more fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago