Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 07:32 AM

38 posts, read 113,709 times

Advertisements

I like the idea. It allows for gays to get back to a level playing field after being set back socially and economically after slavery.... Errr wait.

Well thats the only plausible reason I can agree with affirmative action. Sexual orientation might lead to persecution but it is often the kind of thing that you can hide unlike race or religious beliefs back in the day. There was no concentration camp for gays or explotation to build railroads and what have you. Granted there was a general resentment along with stereotypes and miseducation but that hardly warrants an advantage in the business world

And it isn't like the majority of gays are in stuck in poverty stricken areas or in prison. I think gays are doing pretty good on the whole already (no pun intended)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 07:39 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,926 times
Home income statistics shows that gay housholds make more than the average household income.
Quote:
28% of Gay and Lesbian households have income greater than $50000 per year. This represents a greater household income versus the average US household
So things are not equal.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:26 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,708 times
Gays don't last as long as straight couples do so those numbers are constantly in flux.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:31 AM

1,912 posts, read 5,445,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Gays don't last as long as straight couples do so those numbers are constantly in flux.

Citation please? Every gay couple I know has been together for ages. My uncle has been with his partner for 39 years.

Gays/Lesbians in their 20s DO NOT = All Gays and Lesbians.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:33 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,708 times
surlycue, are gays not known for being promiscuous? They are all about sex and they flaunt it. Even in their parades. They are known for getting around the block, that's why they have more STD's than straight people do plus that is why many conservative gays get upset at all of these young, promiscuous gays giving them a bad name by sleeping around and proving the stereotypes correct.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:39 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,926 times
Quote:
surlycue, are gays not known for being promiscuous? They are all about sex and they flaunt it. Even in their parades. They are known for getting around the block, that's why they have more STD's than straight people do plus that is why many conservative gays get upset at all of these young, promiscuous gays giving them a bad name by sleeping around and proving the stereotypes correct.

No more than I was in college.
All I thought about was drinking and women.
Wonder I ever got any studying done

Old 07-31-2009, 08:58 AM

1,966 posts, read 6,076,609 times
Quote:
This argument falls firmly in the anecdotal category. It might be true but it's equally likely that your experience is too limited to make such a determination. I've known many gay couples and couldn't say for sure what the proportions of promiscuous vs. conservative are and how that compares to a typical college dude. Maybe the flamboyant ones are just more visible. Or maybe you're right. Who the hell knows. This is just your hypothesis.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:13 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Men are more promiscuous than women.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:16 AM

1,966 posts, read 6,076,609 times
But women are more promiscuous than most people realize. A lot of MysaaTxes out there.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:31 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
I live in a building with a lot of gay men, and almost all of them are in stable relationships that have gone on for years. All of them are in the 30s-50s range in terms of age, though. Buena Park is a little bit older than Lake View.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago