Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
That verse says nothing about a gift.
Most people understand that He, and what he offers is the gift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 12:49 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,115,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Don't you find it strange the Israelis, the chosen people, somehow managed to keep the door shut. Yes, they were called, but they chose to not come.
"All Israel will be saved" (Romans 11:26). Do you believe that verse, Finn?

Old 06-11-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
It was NOT wanting to find a different outcome for humanity, prove baptism unnecessary, or anything else, it was simply an intense longing to reach the heart of God that set me on my quest. Since accepting universal reconciliation, I am much closer (tho certainly still ignorant to many of the loving qualities of God) to His heart.'
That is how it started with me. First I earnestly sought to know God more fully, and then I felt a burden for all people, not just the ones I know.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Most people understand that He, and what he offers is the gift.
The free gift CAME UPON all men. The sin that came upon all wasn't a choice we made individually, and neither was the free gift.

Romans 5:18. Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:02 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,201,727 times
Quote:
Is that's why Jesus said this: "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 35Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord."
My 2 cents on "free will."

God does the CHOOSING. God CHOSE the Jews to be his CHOSEN. SO, he OPENED their eyes and ears to KNOW him (NOT the surrounding nations), but when he OPENED their eyes and ears they would not LISTEN or SEE!

NOW, he opens eyes and ears to the HOLY SPIRIT; not ALL, just the CHOSEN and ELECT. No nations, just individuals. The ELECT, who's eyes and ears have been OPENED can CHOOSE to ignore or not run the race. Those will not reign in the Kingdom.

He WILL OPEN eyes yet again when He is good and ready.

He NEEDS those He called to do their job so he can have his elect from BOTH groups to reign and rule with him.

THIS is ALL for a higher purpose, the Restoration of Things in the HEAVENS and earth, the angelic conflict. There are a CLOUD of witnesses who are VERY interested in these things.

These things even the ANGELS wish they could look into.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
The free gift CAME UPON all men. The sin that came upon all wasn't a choice we made individually, and neither was the free gift.
OK, then just forget about what Jesus said.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:

Romans 5:18. Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

That awesome FREE GIFT is RESURRECTION from the dead!

Old 06-11-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
He NEEDS those He called to do their job so he can have his elect from BOTH groups to reign and rule with him.
Yea, well Christ specifically said he has already called them many times, and that kills the argument someone made earlier about how people are unable to resist the call. The Israelis resisted the call many times. Period.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:11 PM

987 posts, read 1,120,732 times
Quote:
I see. Well, point out the errors then. Here is the verse

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord."
I merely pointed out to those who believe that a particular translation is flawless that there were many errors in the many KJV versions published throughout the years. You can research them on the web. Many were typographical, but just the fact that sheol and gehenna and tarturus were ALL translated hell is grounds that there is bias in translation, as not ALL passages translated sheol as hell. Sheol means grave, the unseen, the hidden.

You will not see me again UNTIL you say..... All WILL say that when they have irrefutable evidence.

But none of that was the point of my post. I must soon leave for work.

Have a beautiful Friday and weekend Finn

Old 06-11-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Yea, well Christ specifically said he has already called them many times, and that kills the argument someone made earlier about how people are unable to resist the call. The Israelis resisted the call many times. Period.
Yes, I believe the CHOSEN can resist, but it is ALL for a higher purpose. Did you understand the rest of my post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity