Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 05:31 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,044,799 times

Advertisements

Only God knows what is truly going on - but I am quite troubled about this Oil Disaster. I don't normally listen to Alex Jones, but made an exception since a Christian friend of mine posted this on her Facebook page...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WgjobZcAeA&feature=player_embedded#!

I didn't start this thread to argue about what is really going on in the Gulf, but rather as a thread where people can post various reports about what others think is really going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 06:32 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,657,763 times
I don't know what is really going on but it does trouble me and it just keeps getting worse. I am so sickened and saddened by seeing those poor animals and birds covered in oil and dying. I just don't understand why they can't stop this thing. They are not trying hard enough.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I don't know what is really going on but it does trouble me and it just keeps getting worse. I am so sickened and saddened by seeing those poor animals and birds covered in oil and dying. I just don't understand why they can't stop this thing. They are not trying hard enough.
Ilene,
Yes, it is heartbreaking. But I think the worst of it is yet to come. If you watch the video - the guest on there says he doesn't think they realized what they were getting into. And that they simply don't have the ability, the power to fix what they've done. I think it certainly is a disaster of biblical proportions that will wind up costing a lot of lives. I live along the Gulf Coast in Florida. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict that when there is no more fishing in the Gulf Coast and the beaches are completely toxic that something pretty terrifying is going to happen to the people. I think this falls into the category of one of the 'woes' foretold in the book of Revelation. I am truly thankful that I have strong faith that no matter what happens, God is with me ~ but I've never believed he promised to spare me from suffering and I've never believed that he was going to zap me out of here before things get too bad. I do feel blessed to be of those who believe that though all these things must come to pass, that God's love and mercy endures forever. His wrath is "for a moment (temporary), but his mercy endures for all time. "Mourn with those who mourn -- weep with those who weep". Also, another scripture is the one about knowing Christ in His sufferings. There is a lot about suffering in the NT. The churches don't often tell people that suffering is part of our lot. But of course it is.

Thanks for commenting.

Heartsong

Old 06-13-2010, 06:30 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,460,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Agree wholeheartedly. I'm not sure if they even know how.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:34 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,460,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Ilene,
Yes, it is heartbreaking. But I think the worst of it is yet to come. If you watch the video - the guest on there says he doesn't think they realized what they were getting into. And that they simply don't have the ability, the power to fix what they've done. I think it certainly is a disaster of biblical proportions that will wind up costing a lot of lives. I live along the Gulf Coast in Florida. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict that when there is no more fishing in the Gulf Coast and the beaches are completely toxic that something pretty terrifying is going to happen to the people. I think this falls into the category of one of the 'woes' foretold in the book of Revelation. I am truly thankful that I have strong faith that no matter what happens, God is with me ~ but I've never believed he promised to spare me from suffering and I've never believed that he was going to zap me out of here before things get too bad. I do feel blessed to be of those who believe that though all these things must come to pass, that God's love and mercy endures forever. His wrath is "for a moment (temporary), but his mercy endures for all time. "Mourn with those who mourn -- weep with those who weep". Also, another scripture is the one about knowing Christ in His sufferings. There is a lot about suffering in the NT. The churches don't often tell people that suffering is part of our lot. But of course it is.

Thanks for commenting.

Heartsong

Heartsong, I hear you. I also do my fishing in the Keys. The children would surely miss it. It's imperative that we pay attention to the times in which we're living. Something's different......

Old 06-13-2010, 06:45 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,212,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Heartsong, I hear you. I also do my fishing in the Keys. The children would surely miss it. It's imperative that we pay attention to the times in which we're living. Something's different......

I would agree that something is "different." I can't read the news anymore. My husband keeps me out on the truck or focused on other things (I'm trying to keep my own family out of the storms, dramas, etc that are going on around us. We have enough of our own messes to wade through) Way too much chaos for me. But, the world has been through major upheavals before.

I keep my mind on the pure and keep checking fruits: joy, peace, love, meekness, gentleness, patience.

Keep your mind on things above.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:53 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,212,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Only God knows what is truly going on - but I am quite troubled about this Oil Disaster. I don't normally listen to Alex Jones, but made an exception since a Christian friend of mine posted this on her Facebook page...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WgjobZcAeA&feature=player_embedded#!

I didn't start this thread to argue about what is really going on in the Gulf, but rather as a thread where people can post various reports about what others think is really going on.
I just can't watch these things anymore. I was heartbroken growing up, and I'm even more heartbroken now. Nothing makes any sense to me.

Somebody is always lying. Somebody is always playing games. I just hope there are a few others out there that aren't playing.

It's always the innocent, helpless, poor, and confused that get run over by the machine........Animals and human alike.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:35 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,698,819 times
I've been to beaches there,Pensacola thru Destin and recall them as being absolutely beautiful.It makes me SO sick to think that within a few months,they are probably all going to be totally ruined and covered in oil.Not to even mention the wildlife affected.I can't stand to even think about it!Seems like anything good we have going in the usa,even natural,is eventually ruined by some idiot or idiots.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
I've been to beaches there,Pensacola thru Destin and recall them as being absolutely beautiful.It makes me SO sick to think that within a few months,they are probably all going to be totally ruined and covered in oil.Not to even mention the wildlife affected.I can't stand to even think about it!Seems like anything good we have going in the usa,even natural,is eventually ruined by some idiot or idiots.
I live just north of Panama City Beach (not far from Pensacola and Destin). Yes, it is a huge heartbreaking thing. I had NO IDEA such a thing was going to invade our lives this summer. One never knows what a day will bring forth. But you know, I did feel when we invaded Iraq and our troops killed a million innocent there (a war for oil) - I knew eventually that it would come back upon us. As the scriptures say... "be sure your sin will find you out" and I think America has sown a terrible amount of violence all around the globe - and we will reap as we have sown. Still breaks my heart. I'm pretty worried about all these things - thinking about my four children whose earthly future looks quite perilous. Makes me think of that scripture where Christ said... "Do not weep for me, but weep for yourselves and your children..."

Old 06-14-2010, 01:03 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,639,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Yes, you're alive in these "times".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity