Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 07:48 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,640,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am talking about the post deleted today.

Yesterday is a different story. I asked for the moderation yesterday. Yes, BECAUSE OF YOU. I got tired of you calling me a liar, and making all kinds of false claims and simply refused to back it up. When I asked, all I got was "I don't have to prove you anything". It is sad what has happened to you Ilene. Where did the venom come from?
What venom Finn?? I have not said anything that qualifies as venom. You have lied, as is evidence in the posts that may or may not have gotten deleted. Every one of my posts you cherry picked and twisted what I said, making me look like I said something when I didn't. You asked for moderation, so now you've got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 07:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yes, indeed, Python. That's why it astonishes me for hard-core "Christians" to go to war and kill Muslims by the thousands, all the time believing that they are destined for eternal damnation. There is nothing holy about that. Even a child knows that. Granted, Muslims do the same kind of thing with their bad religion as well, but that does not excuse the Christian who has the New Testament readily available to him and knows better than to carry out atrocities in the name of God. -- Heartsong
Lord, open their hearts and give them the wisdom to see the truth. Amen.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
What venom Finn?? I have not said anything that qualifies as venom. You have lied, as is evidence in the posts that may or may not have gotten deleted.
The venom you displayed here again by calling me a liar. I asked you nicely yesterday to show me where I had said what you claimed I had said, and I also posted your own words saying what you denied having said.

Your response was to call me a liar once again, and adding "I don't have to prove you anything". And you refused to prove any of your claims.

That's the venom I am talking about.

Like I said, I am done here. Don't bother replying. I will pray for God to remove the venom from your heart and restoring peace to your mind.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
The venom you displayed here again by calling me a liar. I asked you nicely yesterday to show me where I had said what you claimed I had said, and I also posted your own words saying what you denied having said.

Your response was to call me a liar once again, and adding "I don't have to prove you anything". And you refused to prove any of your claims.

That's the venom I am talking about.

Like I said, I am done here. Don't bother replying. I will pray for God to remove the venom from your heart and restoring peace to your mind.
You keep saying your done but I keep seeing posts. Everyone who knows me here knows there is no venom in my posts, you're seeing something that just isn't there. When you lie, you can expect to be called out on that. We were discussing whether or not God created sin, which He did, and you proceeded to take everything I said and twist it to say I was calling God a liar. You know exactly what you did, and if your memory has slipped then you need to go back and read your posts and see who is full of venom and who is not. There's a problem here, but it's not me.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
You keep saying your done but I keep seeing posts. Everyone who knows me here knows there is no venom in my posts, you're seeing something that just isn't there. When you lie, you can expect to be called out on that.
Ilene, this is my final post to you.

You are not being truthful with your posts, because I asked you yesterday to prove your accusations by posting what I had said, and what you had said and you refused to do so. You said you don't need to prove anything to me.

I asked you if you thought God desires men to sin, and you said 'yes'. Later you said it was not you who said it, but it was ME who had said it.

I provided the quotes where you said it and I said the opposite.

So, I showed you what had been said, but I never called you a liar or anything else, but you have called me a liar on multiple occasions, and you are still doing it. That, my friend is the venom I am talking about. This new religion of yours has taken away your peace.

So long.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Ilene, this is my final post to you.

You are not being truthful with your posts, because I asked you yesterday to prove your accusations by posting what I had said, and what you had said and you refused to do so. You said you don't need to prove anything to me.

I asked you if you thought God desires men to sin, and you said 'yes'. Later you said it was not you who said it, but it was ME who had said it.

I provided the quotes where you said it and I said the opposite.

So, I showed you what had been said, but I never called you a liar or anything else, but you have called me a liar on multiple occasions, and you are still doing it. That, my friend is the venom I am talking about. This new religion of yours has taken away your peace.

So long.
You just lied again!!! I never, ever said God desires men to sin.....you said in your post that that is what I said!! You know exactly what you are doing Finn, and it's very very un-Christian like and very annoying, to say the least. You get backed in a corner and you then proceed to name call, accuse and lie to try and worm your way out of it. I don't know what exactly is wrong with you unless you're just here to flame and cause problems, and it has nothing to do with you being a Christian. God created sin, but I never said it was His desire for us to sin. YOU SAID THAT. All I can do is pray for you and hope that the evil that comes out of you will be cast out somehow. Boy, do I have some praying to do.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
You just lied again!!!
Like I told you, I posted your own words, and my words for all to see, and you refused to prove anything. I never called you names. Good bye Ilene.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:06 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,008,588 times
Quote:
There you go. It never ends.

Oh please.You are fully allowed to defend Christianity in a reasonable non attacking way.I do it myself without problems.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
God created sin. He created everything. It must be His desire, or else it wouldn't exist. According to the Bible, not my logic, although I wish some people would use more of it, God's desires are always fulfilled. You speak as though you have absolutely all the answers....well answer this.....if God desires no sin, then why does He allow it? If He did not desire that sin exist, it wouldn't. Just that simple.
Here was what I said. I said it must be his desire for sin to exist, or it would not. I never said that He desires us to sin. YOU SAID THAT in the below post as if I said it. I DID NOT. This is a perfect example of you twisting things that people say and adding to it things that were never said.

Quote:
God created everything including free will, but he did not create sin. Adam and Even sinned out of their free will, and sin entered the world through them, not through God.

just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men

So you say God desires people to sin?

God says that sin is transgression of God's law. It is lawlessness. Would God desire you to break His own law?

1 John 3:4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

He also calls of 'rebellion' and an "offence which separates man from God" (Isaiah 59:2)

If God desires to save all men, then why would he also desire us to commit offences which separate us from Him?

He gave the ten commandments and a whole slew of other laws and instructions, and told us to obey, but you say He desires us to break all those laws.
I never said this.

He says "You shall not murder", but you think He desires us to murder.
I never said this.

He says "You shall not commit adultery", but you think he desires us to commit adultery
I never said this.

He says "Do not steal", but you say he desires you to steal.
I never said this.

He says "Do not worship other Gods", but you say he desires you to worship other Gods.
I never said this.

You got it all upside down.

Why is there some kind of judgement and bitterness in every post you make? It is not nesessary.
Then you turn around and make accusations that are unfounded. As everyone can see, my post was matter-of-fact and to the point, other than pointing out that you think you have all of the answers. Which you think that you do. No one has all of the answers, Finn and you are so far away from the real truth that it's scary. The thread was supposed to be about a book, and it turned into a Finn free-for-all.

To get the thread back on topic, I don't feel that this book or the author is credible since the man dreamed it. It was just a dream, there is no truth to it whatsoever.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Oh please.You are fully allowed to defend Christianity in a reasonable non attacking way.I do it myself without problems.
I said this board is more anti-Christianity than pro-Christianity, and he went ahead and proved my point, so, I said 'there you go'. No biggie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity