Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 AM

223 posts, read 304,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I believe all who reject God will be found in Hell. And I believe all who love God will be with Him in heaven. God knows a true heart. And I believe Christ death on the cross covered the sins of all who love God from this generation, to all past generations.
You did not answer my question. Read my Post No16 again plz.

Last edited by JOHNC10; 06-13-2010 at 10:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 09:46 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,048,292 times
Quote:
JESUS CHRIST is not a liar. And Jesus tells us in Matthew 25:41 that the cursed ones will enter the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. If you don't believe Jesus own words, what can I say.

And Revelation 20:10 states. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night (FOR EVER AND EVER).

What part of (ETERNAL FIRE, AND FOR EVER AND EVER DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?)
No, I believe Jesus words, and not the faulty translation of men that have corrupted His words.

Last time I checked ETERNAL means without beginning and without end. So if you believe those words then you would have to believe that punishment has always existed, is existing and always will.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:51 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,342,131 times
what is "forever and ever" intended to mean? - English not my mothertonque

if forever is endless, what sense has forever and ever?

In Germany there is a similar meaningless idiom, translated to English "from eternity to eternity", if eternity is endless, there are not several eternities, as if forever would be endless there would no second ever

all of this is nonsense

eternal fire would mean the fire has ever been and will ever be, but it does not say that men will remain in that fire evermore

we discussed this things soon a hundred times in the forum

Old 06-13-2010, 09:55 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,647,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post

In Germany there is a similar meaningless idiom, translated to English "from eternity to eternity", if eternity is endless, there are not several eternities, as if forever would be endless there would no second ever

all of this is nonsense

eternal fire would mean the fire has ever been and will ever be, but it does not say that men will remain in that fire evermore

Exactly!!! How many times do we have to say the same things over and over again before someone actually gets it??? Study, people....study!!

Old 06-13-2010, 10:02 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,010,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Pharmacies?? Nice..........

Could this planet get any weirder?
I first saw it in the bookstore of a major hospital.Go figure.Real confidence booster for folks with loved ones being treated there with problems serious enough to send their families searching the bookstore for things to read while waiting on their loved ones to get better.

As for the book,what often gets overlooked is that this is not a NDE,this is a guy's dream.This did not actually happen to this guy,he dreamt this.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:06 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,986,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
You did not answer my question. Read my Post No16 again plz.
What do you mean by frying?

Old 06-13-2010, 10:12 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,986,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post

all of this is nonsense

It's obvious in english what eternal means, and what for ever and ever means. It speaks of an existance without end.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:28 AM

223 posts, read 304,011 times
Quote:
What do you mean by frying?
Are the fires still burning in SODOM? Are the Sodomites people still burning today? if not why not?

I don't believe my GOD will burn people for ever & ever & ever.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,786,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Nope, you just can't handle the truth. Nothing hateful about the truth..
I was referring to your attitude, not your argument.

Let me ask you again: does God desire people to sin? People sin, but it is not God's desire, so according to your logic God's desire is weak. You can't have it both ways.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:46 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,010,739 times
Quote:
It's obvious in english what eternal means, and what for ever and ever means. It speaks of an existance without end.
And herein lies the problem for people not properly trained in Biblical exegesis.The Bible was NOT written in English.Nor was all of the NT written in Greek.Some of the NT was written originally in Aramaic.

Just one example of what can happen in translating into English,with the fundie beloved KJV.This also shows that theological bias gets into how you translate the Bible into English.There was no English word for baptism before the KJV.The Greek word for "immerse" was baptizo,as used in Mt 3:6.When the Church of England began to make the KJV,they discovered,much to their discomfort,that the actual Greek word meant to immerse,while their church practice was to sprinkle.The Greek word for sprinkle was rhantizo,used as such in Hebrews 9:13,for example.So,rather than admit they were doing things wrong and translating the Greek word over as immerse,they created the word baptism,and explained it as meaning the sacramental act involving water.And voila!,a new English word;baptise.All because the folks handed the responsibility of accurately translating Greek to English did not like what the Greek said.

And yet we are continually told that God will prevent any errors from getting in the Bible.

Last edited by lifertexan; 06-13-2010 at 11:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity