Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 03:34 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,956,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I'm not worried about dying. It's not about canned corn, flashlights, nor batteries. It's far more greater than that.......It's for the many you that will come...not expecting that you would understand, it's my assignment. You just come, that's your part.

Jesus was the only one who said to come with him. I am not aware of any account in scripture where anyone else asked them to come with them when it came to a spiritual path.

Where are you saying to come and does someone have to come where you are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 04:02 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Betsey,it doesn't sound like things are going to be bad before we are called to leave.I say this because:

Luke 17:26 "And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:Luke 17:28 "It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; (NASB ©1995)

So God Bless and don't worry! You and your family will be taken care of.
Yea but all those who are eating ,drinking and making merry have the mark of the beast.

I just made that up , but i bet there are many out there who would believe this to be true

Old 06-17-2010, 05:13 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,202,920 times
Betsey - The next time you go outside and look up at the sky, clear your mind. Breathe deep. Look at the beautiful sky and the beautiful clouds (or stars and moon if it's nighttime). Relax. Smell the flowers. Relax. Breathe deep. Cherish each day and each moment. Try not to be so afraid. Life is a gift. It should be enjoyed!
If that doesn't work - eat some chocolate! That always make me happy!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:17 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,448,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Betsey - The next time you go outside and look up at the sky, clear your mind. Breathe deep. Look at the beautiful sky and the beautiful clouds (or stars and moon if it's nighttime). Relax. Smell the flowers. Relax. Breathe deep. Cherish each day and each moment. Try not to be so afraid. Life is a gift. It should be enjoyed!
If that doesn't work - eat some chocolate! That always make me happy!

THE BIGGER PICTURE.......

Don't confuse concern for the lost, with fear. I fear nothing and no one but the Lord My God, period. You guys are so off....and yes, beautiful sky, birds, trees, flowers. All nice, thank God huh? But what is more wonderful than winning souls for Christ Jesus? Let me answer that: NOTHING!

Dewdrop93, It's all well with my soul, but there are some... that it's not. It's for them that I'm here, follow me? Thank you for your concern though. That was nice. And by the way...I dislike chocolate. Don't touch the stuff.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:23 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,225,777 times
Betsey,

Would you mind answering my post (#49)?

Thanks!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
Just curious. Did you do anything to "prepare" when we moved into the new milennium (1999->2000)?
No, never heard about it until sometime later on. My mind was elsewhere...like delivering my first son. Why?

Old 06-17-2010, 06:34 PM

For the interested:Here's what other Christians are doing and how they're prepping: http://handsonsurvival.com I find it very informative!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,202,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
THE BIGGER PICTURE.......

Don't confuse concern for the lost, with fear. I fear nothing and no one but the Lord My God, period. You guys are so off....and yes, beautiful sky, birds, trees, flowers. All nice, thank God huh? But what is more wonderful than winning souls for Christ Jesus? Let me answer that: NOTHING!

Dewdrop93, It's all well with my soul, but there are some... that it's not. It's for them that I'm here, follow me? Thank you for your concern though. That was nice. And by the way...I dislike chocolate. Don't touch the stuff.
My apologies.
I guess that just means more chocolate for me!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:41 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,693,751 times
And He said to His disciples, "For this reason I say to you, do not worry about your life, as to what you will eat; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; they have no store room nor barn, and yet God feeds them; how much more valuable you are than the birds! And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span? If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters?"
Luke 12:22-26

Old 06-18-2010, 09:13 AM

Let me ask you guys a question, or two: If you were on a coastline and heard a tsunami warning for your city, would you: 1.“head for high ground” as quickly as possible? Or.....would you 2. "No, I'm staying right here, if God wants me saved, He'll come swoop me up"!

Really people? Oh, and by the way, in what matter are you expecting Him to "swoop" you up? Via, your government? Still haven't learned anything from Katrina huh? The disaster unfolding right BEFORE YOUR EYES IN THE GULF? What?

If Christians and non-Christians alike would take such reasonable measures to prepare for any impending natural disaster, why should they not also make reasonable preparations for a prophesied danger that is imminent? Does the Bible not foretell of what's coming next people? Or, do your understanding of the Bible ends at Matthew, Mark and Luke?

Do you pick and choose which one of the Bible prophesy He's going to fulfill, and simply bypass the rest you either don't want to acknowledge, or simply do not understand? I don't know..you tell me! I asked the question already...and no has chosen to answer. So I'll asked it again: Do you think it's a "lack of faith" in God's promised protection to physically prepare for dangers? Do you regard this as “relying on one’s own strength” rather than relying on God?

Let me add this before I go....I am a Believer in the Lord Jesus Christ! I BELIEVE the entire Bible....ALL OF IT! I can do nothing without HIM! I Trust Him completely! He alone.....have saved ME! He has given me the common sense, (thank God) that I now possess. I, DENISE a.k.a. Betsey Lane, communes in quiet place with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on a daily basis, whether it's through: tears, prayer's or praise...."we talk", amen? What I have received from the Lord is: GO! "Get out from this end of FL. Denise, get to higher grounds. Prepare for some hard times ahead, and prepare more than enough for yourself."

Now, I'm listening...THAT TRUST! I'm going...THAT"S FAITH! Don't knock me because I'm listening and don't ridicule what you don't understand. To my fellow brother's and sister's in Christ Jesus that understand and have a heart for each other, that understands what these verse truly means:
DM me....

But whosoever hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? (1 John 3: 17)

and this:

For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. (Galatians 5: 13)

With love Denise (a.K.a. Betsey)

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 06-18-2010 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: commas, etc,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity