Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:21 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,551,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

If Christians and non-Christians alike would take such reasonable measures to prepare for any impending natural disaster, why should they not also make reasonable preparations for a prophesied danger that is imminent? Does the Bible not foretell of what's coming next people? Or, do your understanding of the Bible ends at Matthew, Mark and Luke?
Common sense tell people to be prepared for natural events, which can happen anywhere at any time. Common sense actions of being prepared, well that's just common sense, bibles, deities, are not involved, intelligence is.

The schedule is not published in the bible as you seem to elude. You seem to have some inner conflicts by your statement above, calling them "natural" events, yet trying to give it an "end of times" garnish with some obscure stuff from your bible.

I predict that there will be natural events in the future that cause harm to people, be it earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, forest fire, landslides, etc.. There my accuracy equals that of your bible, neither I or your book can be proven wrong, and both will meet with some accuracy in our predictions. The big difference is what you "read into" the predictions or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 10:32 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,445,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Common sense tell people to be prepared for natural events, which can happen anywhere at any time. Common sense actions of being prepared, well that's just common sense, bibles, deities, are not involved, intelligence is.

The schedule is not published in the bible as you seem to elude. You seem to have some inner conflicts by your statement above, calling them "natural" events, yet trying to give it an "end of times" garnish with some obscure stuff from your bible.
Do you see me here arguing with you Asheville Native? Rely on your intelligence. I don't expect you to understand. Maybe you should "surround yourself" with more Bible-believing people, but then again, that's why you're really here isn't it? Would you like to know how to "see" and "hear" spiritually? Anything short of that...how else would you understand my friend? Talk to me..

Old 06-18-2010, 10:33 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,635,626 times
Hey Betsey. I've been paying attention to this thread for some time and I finally decided maybe I should comment. Because I was worried that it's not really my place to tell you whether you should move or not. It's your life and your decision ultimately. But I just wanted to let you know, to never forget, that wherever you go, God is with you and protecting you and there is nothing to fear. So whether you decide to go or stay, just know your protected under the blood. Always.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Hey Betsey. I've been paying attention to this thread for some time and I finally decided maybe I should comment. Because I was worried that it's not really my place to tell you whether you should move or not. It's your life and your decision ultimately. But I just wanted to let you know, to never forget, that wherever you go, God is with you and protecting you and there is nothing to fear. So whether you decide to go or stay, just know your protected under the blood. Always.
Allenk893, I hear you my brother in Christ! ALWAYS PROTECTED! Thanks, I know that for sure! As sure as I know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.

HIS PURPOSE!! I got to go....He has a plan for me! He has a way to use me....according to HIS PURPOSE, you understand? Couldn't stay if I wanted to.... Thank you for caring, but my friend, it's bigger than me.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
firstborn888, your post on thread 19....pretty scary.

Do you belong to timebomb2000 forum? It is a prepper/doomer site. I see stuff like your post everyday there and its a bit unsettling.

So many people warning. I really don't know what to do. On the one hand, I've been expecting this since 1973. We even had an end of the world party back then. .

How does one discern what is of God? I just hate buying into this wave of fear or are these legitimate claims?

I purchased about a month's worth of canned goods about 5 years ago, when I suggest maybe stocking up my wife just rolls her eyes and says what a waste of money.

Personally, I don't care what happens to me, I'm as ready as I'll ever be but it's my kids I worry about.
Pay attention to what the Lord is speaking to your heart. If He's telling you to stock and rotate, stock and rotate. They're YOUR children that God has given to you as gifts, precious gifts to take care of. As for me and MY HOUSE, I'm going to do what is right for us and store a bit extra, to lend a hand if necessary! You do the same.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:53 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,666,662 times
Denise...

Did I tell you today how much I love you...?...

Old 06-18-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Denise...

Did I tell you today how much I love you...?...
Yes! You did and likewise right? With your messed up, glorious self.............!

Old 06-18-2010, 04:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,666,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Yes! You did and likewise right? With your messed up, glorious self.............!
OH! MY GDNESS!...You've got that.............................................. ............... ^^^ SO!!! right...girrrl!...LOL!!!!!

Old 06-19-2010, 04:53 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,692,559 times
God hath not appointed us to wrath,correct? Final Answer???

Old 06-19-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
God hath not appointed us to wrath,correct? Final Answer???
Are you getting ready or not??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity