Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:37 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,034,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Yes Paul, I am a seeker in the truth . . . as I believe you are . . . you say you definitely have the truth . . that all will be saved . . . ALL will inherit eternal life, ALL will spend entirety with Jesus . . . . where I beleive Jesus message throughtout was you must believe in HIM to inherit this.

This is the bone of contention, but wonderful other subjects spin off this, and I've learned to dig deeper into Free Will, Predestination, the Lake of Fire, etc., from these arguments.

Saying this, although I respect everyone's belief . . . to me, it is clear, no matter what translation i pick up . . . that the gospels central theme, that re-occurs throughout is that the belief that only believers in Jesus can have eternal life . . . that is where the most fence post's line up to me in a big way for me . . . yet I also am open, as my truth's yesterday are not the same as today, and if we close are minds in a self-righteous attitude, then there is no spirit in us . . . . Blessings, Lifesigns64
Lifesigns, I too believe that we MUST believe in Him to obtain salvation which means we must walk as He walked according to righteousness to be saved. If that is what you believe then I won't be hindering my preaching towards you. Thanks for being frank with me in your beliefs.

Love towards you in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 10:38 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,465,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary. There are no second chances after death. Your opportunity to be saved ends at the point of physical death. If you die without Christ, you are eternally lost. As many will find out the hard way. Passages like Revelation 20:11-15, Matthew 25:41, 46, and Matthew 7:21-23 make that abundantly clear. But again, the foolish deny the truth.
Mike, I agree with you on this . . . there is scripture upon scripture to support that if you die without Christ, you are eternally lost.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
ya mist my point brother
Sorry Pneuma, I may have.

I make mistakes hourly, if not sooner. Damn this man in me.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Lifesigns, I too believe that we MUST believe in Him to obtain salvation which means we must walk as He walked according to righteousness to be saved. If that is what you believe then I won't be hindering my preaching towards you. Thanks for being frank with me in your beliefs.

Love towards you in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Paul
So, are you saying that one MUST believe in HIm to obtain salvation????

What about those who do not believe . . . ???? I'm confused???

Old 06-18-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Mike, I agree with you on this . . . there is scripture upon scripture to support that if you die without Christ, you are eternally lost.
I would be interested in even one verse that says we are "eternally" lost. Remember "eternally" means to have no beginning and no end.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
So, are you saying that one MUST believe in HIm to obtain salvation????

What about those who do not believe . . . ???? I'm confused???
Of course lifesigns, is there a universalist that doesn't believe that we must believe in Christ to obtain salvation? - if so, I haven't come across them.

Those that don't believe will eventually come to believe - that is how I understand God's word.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:45 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times
Quote:
What about all those scriptures that speak of the crazy guys in the Old Testament who died without Christ and under his wrath? There were prophets with visions of them getting bodies and popping back up to be in the land again.

And, Jesus said Sodom would have a better time at judgment than Capernaum. A better time? And Jerusalem was in pretty big trouble, too. But, Jesus asked His father to forgive them?

I could go on.......

Old 06-18-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Of course lifesigns, is there a universalist that doesn't believe that we must believe in Christ to obtain salvation? - if so, I haven't come across them.

Those that don't believe will eventually come to believe - that is how I understand God's word.
Okay, I was confused about your beliefs . . . it's late . . but thanks for re-iterating them for me . . . for God knows how many times . . . sometimes I have brain freeze!!!

Old 06-18-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I would be interested in even one verse that says we are "eternally" lost. Remember "eternally" means to have no beginning and no end.
"Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41).

Everlasting Fire . . . . for those eternally lost . . . everlasting is forever.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:51 PM

"the wages of sin is death , ,. , if the wages of sin is death . . then . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity