Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 03:25 PM

159 posts, read 174,983 times

Advertisements

Retake of what?

Old 06-30-2010, 03:33 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
Retake of what?
It is her way of dodging.She posts something,then when others post things that disagree with what she wanted to pronounce as fact,she does things like this.Anything to avoid having to answer others questions.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:36 PM

Weird... what's the point of even posting on message board then.... totally absurd attitude.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:46 PM

Since I don't believe the Bible is the word of God (parts of it might be inspired, I don't know) pointing such test to me is pointless. You have to prove in some way that Bible is the word of God first. Hard to achieve, since your God doesn't seem to make much sense.

Not to mention that this whole salvation thing is not nearly as clear-cut as everyone pretends. There are parts of the Bible (Sheep and Goats parable in Matthew) that imply that salvation is by works, then there are verses saying that you can go to heaven if someone else from your family believes in Jesus (1 Corinthians 7:14 ). Why are those verses taken figuratively and "accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior" verses literary?

Old 06-30-2010, 03:52 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Nobody told you to "play along".....now, I give the assignment, you can either play nicely, or go and stand in the corner! What will it be?

The assignment was designed to make you take notice of yourself! To show that YOUR real issues are with GOD, not me! Doing a great job by the way! but it won't be complete and fair....(here we go again with that word) if you don't turn it in!

Fair?

How about you just answer the question I asked instead of playing games?Or is that just too hard?

Old 06-30-2010, 03:53 PM

My issues are definitely not with you.. I have no idea who you even are. My issues are with your interpretation of God, that's for sure. Your interpretation is completely based on a ridiculously narrow interpretation of one book. I am not URer either but I generally have fever issues with their interpretation.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:57 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,441,578 times
Quote:
Since I don't believe the Bible is the word of God (parts of it might be inspired, I don't know) pointing such test to me is pointless. You have to prove in some way that Bible is the word of God first. Hard to achieve, since your God doesn't seem to make much sense.
"Since I don't believe the Bible is the word of God".....

Whew!! Was that so hard? HONESTY will get you very far! Wow, it's like a pulling tooth with you! So we went through all THAT just to get here? If the test is pointless to you, why did you even sign up for the class?

In order for one to be "taught", one must be receptive to learning! By the way, this class, is NOT for Beginners, my dear. This is meat and potatoes! for the advance. You may need milk, which is NOT being offered in this class.

This is for people who have acknowledged God, but are still wrestling with His ways! I mean feel free to "sit in", but how can you even begin to participate if you don't know the beginning from the end?

Old 06-30-2010, 03:59 PM

Just because I don't believe in your God doesn't mean that I am not knowledgeable about Bible and what it says. And I never hid my lack of belief from anyone here.

So how exactly do you answer for all the verses that seem to cite different requirements for going to heaven than belief?

Quote:
Not to mention that this whole salvation thing is not nearly as clear-cut as everyone pretends. There are parts of the Bible (Sheep and Goats parable in Matthew) that imply that salvation is by works, then there are verses saying that you can go to heaven if someone else from your family believes in Jesus (1 Corinthians 7:14 ). Why are those verses taken figuratively and "accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior" verses literary?
Only one acting immature is you.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:07 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,441,578 times
Quote:
My issues are definitely not with you.. I have no idea who you even are. My issues are with your interpretation of God, that's for sure. Your interpretation is completely based on a ridiculously narrow interpretation of one book. I am not URer either but I generally have fever issues with their interpretation.
"My issues are definitely not with you.. I have no idea who you even are".

Check my profile. I haven't change since coming here! So what do you do? Just randomly pick a thread and jump in without having a clue? I'm not here for all that confusion, you understand? Stick around here long enough and you'll see exactly who I am and what I stand for! I guarantee you, what you'll learn very quickly is..I'M NOT THE ONE!! I'm here to win souls for Christ Jesus!

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ml#post7374076 ......nice to meet you http://bestsmileys.com/handshake/2.gif (broken link).

Old 06-30-2010, 04:25 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
You mean you wanted an ET only thread in which no opposing viewpoints would be given.Is that about it?Let you have your say,but don't let others respond?
Betsey,
Let's do a fair test....
If people want to "bash" the teaching of ET , let's define ET as a denomination........

then when somebody quotes the founder (Jesus)...a prophet (OT)... or when they try to point out the contraditions between them and the Bible...lifertexan can have a yes answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity