Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 10:54 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times

Advertisements

1 The LORD spoke to Moses,
2 "Tell the Israelites: If Israelites or foreigners living among you give one of their children as a sacrifice to [the god] Molech, they must be put to death. The common people must stone them to death.
3 I will condemn them and exclude them from the people. They gave one of their children to Molech, made my holy tent unclean, and dishonored my holy name.
4 If the common people ignore those who give their children to Molech and do not put them to death,
5 I will condemn them and their families. I will exclude them from the people. I will exclude from the people everyone who chases after Molech as if he were a prostitute.

6 "I will condemn people who turn to mediums and psychics and chase after them as though they were prostitutes. I will exclude them from the people.
7 "Live holy lives. Be holy because I am the LORD your God.
8 Obey my laws, and live by them. I am the LORD who sets you apart as holy...

22 "If you carefully obey all my laws and my rules, the land I am bringing you to live in will not vomit you out.
23 Never follow the practices of the people I am forcing out of your way. I cannot stand them because they did all these things.
24 I have told you that you will take their land. I will give it to you as your own. It is a land flowing with milk and honey. I am the LORD your God who separated you from other people.
26 Be my holy people because I, the LORD, am holy. I have separated you from other people to be my very own.

Suppose I say to a wicked person, 'You wicked person, you will certainly die,' and you say nothing to warn him to change his ways. That wicked person will die because of his sin, and I will hold you responsible for his death. Ezekiel 33:8
Suppose I tell you that wicked people will surely die, but you don't warn them or speak out so that they can change their wicked ways in order to save their lives. Then these wicked people will die because of their sin, but I will hold you responsible for their deaths. Ezekiel 3:18

But suppose you warn the wicked people, and they don't turn from their wicked ways. Then they will die because of their sin, but you will save yourself. Ezekiel 3:19

"If righteous people turn from living the right way and do wrong, I will make them stumble, and they will die. If you don't warn them, they will die because of their sin, and the right things they did will not be remembered. I will hold you responsible for their deaths." Ezekiel 3:20

"But suppose a righteous person turns away from doing right and he does evil things. He does all the disgusting things that the wicked person did. Will he live? All the right things that he has done will not be remembered because of his unfaithfulness and because of his sin. He will die because of them." Ezekiel 3:24

"When a righteous person turns away from doing right and does evil things, he will die. He will die because of the evil things he has done." Ezekiel 18:26

...I will always warn until there's not a breath left in me...

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
17For God DID NOT send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John3 17

Old 07-09-2010, 03:12 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

John 8 10 : 11

Old 07-09-2010, 04:22 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
1 The LORD spoke to Moses,
2 "Tell the Israelites: If Israelites or foreigners living among you give one of their children as a sacrifice to [the god] Molech, they must be put to death. The common people must stone them to death.
3 I will condemn them and exclude them from the people. They gave one of their children to Molech, made my holy tent unclean, and dishonored my holy name.
4 If the common people ignore those who give their children to Molech and do not put them to death,
5 I will condemn them and their families. I will exclude them from the people. I will exclude from the people everyone who chases after Molech as if he were a prostitute.

6 "I will condemn people who turn to mediums and psychics and chase after them as though they were prostitutes. I will exclude them from the people.
7 "Live holy lives. Be holy because I am the LORD your God.
8 Obey my laws, and live by them. I am the LORD who sets you apart as holy...

22 "If you carefully obey all my laws and my rules, the land I am bringing you to live in will not vomit you out.
23 Never follow the practices of the people I am forcing out of your way. I cannot stand them because they did all these things.
24 I have told you that you will take their land. I will give it to you as your own. It is a land flowing with milk and honey. I am the LORD your God who separated you from other people.
26 Be my holy people because I, the LORD, am holy. I have separated you from other people to be my very own.

Suppose I say to a wicked person, 'You wicked person, you will certainly die,' and you say nothing to warn him to change his ways. That wicked person will die because of his sin, and I will hold you responsible for his death. Ezekiel 33:8
Suppose I tell you that wicked people will surely die, but you don't warn them or speak out so that they can change their wicked ways in order to save their lives. Then these wicked people will die because of their sin, but I will hold you responsible for their deaths. Ezekiel 3:18

But suppose you warn the wicked people, and they don't turn from their wicked ways. Then they will die because of their sin, but you will save yourself. Ezekiel 3:19

"If righteous people turn from living the right way and do wrong, I will make them stumble, and they will die. If you don't warn them, they will die because of their sin, and the right things they did will not be remembered. I will hold you responsible for their deaths." Ezekiel 3:20

"But suppose a righteous person turns away from doing right and he does evil things. He does all the disgusting things that the wicked person did. Will he live? All the right things that he has done will not be remembered because of his unfaithfulness and because of his sin. He will die because of them." Ezekiel 3:24

"When a righteous person turns away from doing right and does evil things, he will die. He will die because of the evil things he has done." Ezekiel 18:26

...I will always warn until there's not a breath left in me...

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
Hi Verna!

4 Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. 5 It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
6 It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
7 Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].
8 Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].

God has forgiven us. Therefore, we ought to forgive each other.

Blessings to you,
brian

Old 07-09-2010, 07:40 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

John 8 10 : 11
Her accusers were in no position to judge her, as they were sinners themselves; that's why Jesus said "ye without sin cast the first stone". They were hypocrites. They wanted her put to death for her sin(s), which is according to the Law, yet they overlooked their own sins. The Law was just and holy and to be executed by righteous and holy people, not hypocrites.

Jesus offered mercy to the woman, and commanded her to sin no more. That's how it works for us today. Jesus will forgive us, but expects us to turn from sin; and that is true repentance.

Any gospel that does not include this kind of repentance it a lie. God demands that His people be holy and righteous.

Ephesians 4:24 - And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:03 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:

Verna, I have no problem with your warnings, but I do not think that your studies have properly excluded yourself from the end result, if the end result is a permanant and unreconcilable separation from God.

You often talk about the 10 commandments, but the verse above shows it is much more, it says not only law but rules, and it doesn't say Law or Rules it says LAWS AND RULES.

Now, you can claim what you like, you can try to define it between willfull and "mistakes" but that is just sophistry. You nor anyone else is following ALL of GODS RULES AND LAWS.

So, whatever the rule breakers will endure, certainly that applies to yourself.

The way I determine a false doctrine is when a person cannot apply themselves fully to each and every word in scrupture.

I can, I know I will be judged by God and endure the result of his judgment. You on the other hand teach a doctrine that through sophistry pretends to not be in the path of Gods wrath.

But you are.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:17 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
The Lord will Condemn and Exclude the disobedient from "the people"...... well thank goodness for that and it's nice to know that this Native American Heathen will be excluded from "your people"........ wouldn't want to be amongst a bunch of people I don't know....

Old 07-09-2010, 08:19 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,023 times
Now that is how to get a "true" faith, forcing people to participate.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:28 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Now that is how to get a "true" faith, forcing people to participate.
Mankind was "forced to participate" when God created it and put it in sin. That is why we are all saved through Christ--because God is just.

Making a blind people, and then telling them that "whosoever finds the door will be accepted" makes this creation into an "every man for himself" race.
Very much like the early colonists of North America. Every man for himself!
Maybe that's why Protestantism is so well received..

But is that really what God expects? Every man for himself? With no "second tries?"

Peace,
brian

Old 07-09-2010, 12:34 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Mankind was "forced to participate" when God created it and put it in sin.

Peace,
brian
No brian,
Man's rebellion, his sin is now what "forced [mankind] to participate". To say otherwise is to blame God, and God will not tolerate that...read Job 38 - 41.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity