Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2010, 03:44 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,591,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Utterly ridiculous. I only heard about this because I was going through a very dark time, spiritually, last year, and the people I went to talk about it with mentioned this hell play they were proud of, seeing that it got more people into their church group. They mentioned a couple of other things that got my blood boiling, mainly because I had come to see them when I was going through a spiritual breakdown and my FEAR of death, frustration and anxiety had risen to dangerous levels. They didn't get it, and they really didn't help, to say the least. Church people say the darnedest things.

As the weeks went by, and the more I thought about the system, the angrier I got. Everything just started piling up in my mind; all the lies, fear, torture, and wars that Christianity perpetuates instead of love, joy, and peace and the people just sit around in their pews thinking everything is a-okay.

The only thing that holds my anger back is knowing that it is not a fruit of the spirit. Especially, blind anger. If I gave into that emotion, I would only become what I hate so much.

Learning to love.......

If I were in Wisconsin, I would go with you. I'm not really an outspoken kind of person in "real" life, so it would be difficult for me, but if I could open just one tormented kid's eyes from seeing or believing that garbage, I would go.

(I think Eusebius is the person you want to take, judging from the sermon he gave to the public speaker at his daughter's baccalaureate.)
Herefornow...above all...thank you for intervening a vile affront (my hair stood on ends)...by someone who I assume... claims to be a "believer"?

May God have mercy on us ALL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 03:59 PM

9,699 posts, read 10,059,300 times
If Eternal life believer did not have Universal life belief to talk to and correct than they would talk about some other topics that may or may not be palatable...... Universal life believers question the torment end time and the ethics of Eternal life belief in a endless debate,, Lord Jesus told me to say ``One forum for both ET and UR because Jesus is doing a work,,, believe that Lord Jesus talks through his Holy Spirit and has many discussion of Lord Jesus Christ talking here through his people... Glory to God.....

Old 07-21-2010, 04:01 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,591,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
If Eternal life believer did not have Universal life belief to talk to and correct than they would talk about some other topics that may or may not be palatable...... Universal life believers question the torment end time and the ethics of Eternal life belief in a endless debate,, Lord Jesus told me to say ``One forum for both ET and UR because Jesus is doing a work,,, believe that Lord Jesus talks through his Holy Spirit and has many discussion of Lord Jesus Christ talking here through his people... Glory to God.....
Makes sense...

Old 07-21-2010, 04:10 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,468,810 times
June, here is some of what I think, just to throw in my two cents.

God is love . . this sum's up who he is:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

I Corinthians 13:4-8

If we are believers, and truly born again of the spirit because we love Him, we would strive to be like Him:

I am patient, I am kind. I do not envy nor boast, and I am not rpud. I am not rude or self-seeking, or easingly angered, I keep no records of wrongs. I do not delight in evil, but rejoice with the truth. I always protect, trust and hopes . . . I endure . . I will not fail . . . .

I used the word "I", but many times I myself insert my name into this passage, and have my kids do the same . . . if we have a real love and faith for God . . . are thoughts, actions and words should line up with His Word, and because we are in the flesh, we cannot always be "perfect" love like God, but we need to ask for His Grace and Mercy on us to mold us into being a person of love like Corinthians describes.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:13 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,205,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
June, here is some of what I think, just to throw in my two cents.

God is love . . this sum's up who he is:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

I Corinthians 13:4-8

If we are believers, and truly born again of the spirit because we love Him, we would strive to be like Him:

I am patient, I am kind. I do not envy nor boast, and I am not rpud. I am not rude or self-seeking, or easingly angered, I keep no records of wrongs. I do not delight in evil, but rejoice with the truth. I always protect, trust and hopes . . . I endure . . I will not fail . . . .

I used the word "I", but many times I myself insert my name into this passage, and have my kids do the same . . . if we have a real love and faith for God . . . are thoughts, actions and words should line up with His Word, and because we are in the flesh, we cannot always be "perfect" love like God, but we need to ask for His Grace and Mercy on us to mold us into being a person of love like Corinthians describes.
That's a great way to say that scripture. I'm going to have my kids do that.

Thank you.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:18 PM

11,940 posts, read 3,760,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Now stop misconstruing and accusing me of things I did not say. It gets tiresome.

Sparrow, thankyou for your responses. At least one person understood what I meant.
Hi Legoman, I also understood what you said and meant -- {{{I am going to make a poll of which of those options that those that believe in ET would choose}}} -- and it seems to have been taken out of context because of previous (hurtful) things that have been said by some on both sides of the debate, and things said that have been misconstrued and taken out of context by some people on both sides of this debate (ET /UR)

Old 07-21-2010, 04:33 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,381,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Sigh. Yes that is what I said. Notice I did not say or even imply all believers will get pleasure from seeing the endless torment of others.

Finn why do you insist on misconstruing what I said?!? Time and time again you do this, not just to me, but to anyone who opposes your view.

I gave you one example of a person who said they will rejoice with God as they see sinners. I have seen other people say this too, not just here but in other forums as well. Now I am not saying this is ALL believers or even the majority of believers. I am simply saying there are 3 views people take when asked about what they will think of those in eternal hell while they are sitting blissfully in heaven. Some say they will be sad about it. Some say they won't remember those in hell. And some say they will rejoice in their torment. No matter which of these 3 views you take, love has failed to overcome those in eternal torment, because love is not able to save them.

Now stop misconstruing and accusing me of things I did not say. It gets tiresome.

Sparrow, thankyou for your responses. At least one person understood what I meant.
Unfortunately Lego you are one of many that he keeps doing this to .Then you call him out on it then he accuses us of being hateful.
He's intelligent enough i am sure to know what you are or we are saying and not saying . I think there comes a time when you have to let him say what he's saying and leave it to the Lord , i have commited myself to this after his latest tirade of false accusations towards me. He's not on my ignore list but certainly on do not reply list .

Old 07-21-2010, 04:40 PM

8,003 posts, read 12,304,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Herefornow...above all...thank you for intervening a vile affront (my hair stood on ends)...by someone who I assume... claims to be a "believer"?

May God have mercy on us ALL!
And thanks from June!

Old 07-21-2010, 04:47 PM

11,940 posts, read 3,760,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus is the culmination of the spiritual template (DNA codes) built in to the evolution of the species . . . and revealed in the "spiritual fossil record" from the earliest oral traditions, and recorded legends, myths, etc. There is a clear evolution. Your familiarity with the records should enable the discernment of this "template" and the increasing sophistication of its manifestation through time.
He who does good is good -- he who does evil is evil

Old 07-21-2010, 06:45 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,371,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June has a question. June's question arises more or less out of some of the threads she reads each day. June has to admit: In being a nonbeliever, perhaps there are times when 'just June' just doesn't "get it." (She seriously doubts it, though.) --But June can't help but wonder what's the deal? Isn't there more to Christianity and more to being a Christian than this raging debate that somehow rises up, and takes over? (June gets the "somehow" part...Just a bit of light heartedness on June's part.) --But in all seriousness, there are some of us, namely "just June" who truly just wants to know.

Here's the thing: June is hardly unfamiliar with the bible. June has even been known to read it, upon (somewhat rare) ocassion. However, but for the fact that June reads as many threads as she does on an ongoing basis, this whole "ET/UR" debate would never have entered June's consciousness! So the (hopefully?) not-so-dumb-but-ever-respectful nonbeliever just wants to know:

Is there anything else that is noteworthy to discuss as regards Christianity, or does it all boil down to this one debate? Because June sometimes wonders whether at some point she will fall asleep at night, and the letters "ET/UR" will appear to her in her dreams! --Which would give the "just shrink" in "just June" pause!

~So tell June: Is there more to Christianity than this? Tell June: What is it? Because she really wants to know.

A most respectful thanks in advance to whoever wishes to respond.

Take gentle care.
There is much more to Christianity than ET/UR. There is definitely more to Christianity than going to heaven and going to hell. Christianity at its best is a lifestyle of decency and health. (If we go strictly by scripture.)

All the rules and the laws in the Bible point toward living peacefully among one another.

Plus, God is a whole lot bigger than people make him out to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity