Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 03:00 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,370,905 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone..

The more i look at the OT, the more i see the message of God's salvation! Much of the NT is copied from the OT, and we can see how God told Israel that HE is was/is their Savior, and that there is none other!

The word of salvation is in the heart of man, and was said to be so even back in Deuteronomy!

Even justifying faith existed back then. Hmmmm...

Blessings!
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 06:05 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi everyone..

The more i look at the OT, the more i see the message of God's salvation! Much of the NT is copied from the OT, and we can see how God told Israel that HE is was/is their Savior, and that there is none other!

The word of salvation is in the heart of man, and was said to be so even back in Deuteronomy!

Blessings!
Brian
And how did God say one obtained that salvation in the OT?????

Old 08-11-2010, 06:14 AM

327 posts, read 569,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi everyone..

Blessings!
Brian
salvation from what exactly? Never understood what it is we need to be "saved" from.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:25 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasva69 View Post
salvation from what exactly? Never understood what it is we need to be "saved" from.
Why saved from your "evil nasty sins"...don't you know that we are all born sinful and depraved?..........or so the holy book tells us....

Old 08-11-2010, 09:15 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,550,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasva69 View Post
Othodox Christian Theology: saved from spending eternity in hell.

UR Theology: saved from a time of inconveniece before you're saved.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:20 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

UR Theology: saved from a time of inconveniece before you're saved.
Wrong. UR theology: saved from your sins, as the bible clearly tells us

Old 08-11-2010, 09:23 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,550,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Wrong. UR theology: saved from your sins, as the bible clearly tells us
But according to UR theology "being saved from your sins" is no big deal, because you'll end up in the same place and those who are "saved" anyway. It'll just take a while longer.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:32 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,549 times
Quote:
But according to UR theology "being saved from your sins" is no big deal, because you'll end up in the same place and those who are "saved" anyway. It'll just take a while longer.
What do you mean it'll take a while longer?

And it is a big deal! I thank God that I'm saved from sin!

Old 08-11-2010, 09:35 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,370,905 times
Correct me if i'm wrong..
It seems to me that salvation did exist in the OT, and it was to be found in trusting in the LORD. That trusting and hoping was salvation, and the Lord Himself was their Savior.
Our salvation was to save us from a deep inner need for mercy, love and attention from God Himself.
Reading the book of Psalms, we see how much David hoped, trusted, and yearned for God. He was "after" God. God was his friend, counselor, protection and first love.

Isn't that how it should be for everybody, even today?

Blessings,
brian

Old 08-11-2010, 09:39 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Quote:
Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense.

God creates man and also creates an endless torture chamber to stick man in if man doesn't accept that God saves him from this eternal torture chamber that God created for man whom he created and subjected to futility.

Sounds like the plan of a diabolical mind.
NOT the plan of a loving Creator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity