Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 04:43 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Mustard
I thought I was the only person in the world who hates mustard!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 05:06 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,226,165 times
I attend worship services every (or many) weekends. [Erase the one(s) not applicable]
That is unusual in my neighborhood.

When I attend worship services, the attendance at the service is about [Erase the one not closest]
200 or more persons

My weekend public worship services are [Erase the one(s) not applicable]
In a church

Coleslaw: [Erase the one(s) not applicable]
Poor excuse for food- Not really, but I don't think it's "wonderful" so I picked this

The 3 foods I hated most as a child:
(1) Tomatoes
(2) Sour cream
(3) Onions

The 3 foods I dislike most now:
(1) Water chestnuts
(2) Beets
(3) Sauerkraut

When was the last time you had a
persimmon? never
cumquat? a few years ago

What do you, personally, usually call that really long piece of furniture in the living room that three or more persons can sit on at once? Couch

What is the past tense of “sneak”? No fair peeking or asking someone else! Snuck

The plural of the mammal mouse is mice. What is the plural of a computer mouse? No fair peeking or asking someone else!
Computer mouses

The proper plural of the mammal, moose: is it meese, moosies, meesies, moose, or mooses. No fair peeking or asking someone else! Moose

If someone started a thread in which our grammatical errors were corrected, would you more likely be the corrector or the corrected?
I'm dyslexic, so I would probably be the one corrected

If you were forced to take a teaching position, which of the following would you choose? Erase those you would not choose, and choose only one of the five following.Give your reason if you wish.
kindergarten

My favorite author from 1500 C.E. to the present is (and please tell why):

C.S. Lewis because he's awesome

Old 09-17-2010, 12:54 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,973 times

I attend worship services every (or many) weekends. [Erase the one(s) not applicable]

You're nosy......lol.

When I attend worship services, the attendance at the service is about [Erase the one not closest]

less than 50 persons at times, yet more than 10

In a home

Hey! I have a great recipe for coleslaw that you’d love! I’ll add it at the bottom of the page!

(1) Cream of Wheat
(2) Eggs
(3) Spinach

(1) Eggs
(2) Spinach
(3) Grits....(yuck)

persimmon? permission to do what?
cumquat? last time I did a squat? Okay, I couldn't resist....

Back in the St.Thomas as a child, both

What do you, personally, usually call that really long piece of furniture in the living room that three or more persons can sit on at once? The couch

What is the past tense of “sneak”? No fair peeking or asking someone else!
Snuck

The plural of the mammal mouse is mice. What is the plural of a computer mouse? No fair peeking or asking someone else!

tendimicetis?

The proper plural of the mammal, moose: is it meese, moosies, meesies, moose, or mooses. No fair peeking or asking someone else! moose

If someone started a thread in which our grammatical errors were corrected, would you more likely be the corrector or the corrected?

corrector

If you were forced to take a teaching position, which of the following would you choose? Erase those you would not choose, and choose only one of the five following.Give your reason if you wish.

Well, you really couldn't force me to teach anything 5th and below.....I love those age groups and have taught at those levels.
I've also taught the CNA course at a community school for several years to adults 18 and over and also enjoyed that!
I have sub some 7th and 8th grade classes, but you will LITERALLY have to drag me there kicking and screaming to do so again!! ( mind you, this was a "Christian School")

Of the following artists the 3 I am leaving below are my favorites. (Add reasons, if you wish.) I know – it’s a long, laborious list, but whadayado?

None

My favorite author from 1500 C.E. to the present is (and please tell why):

So many! But to pick just one....Maya Angelou. She's a great role model of how one can overcome challenges and adversities, yet rise.

You may write me down in history
with your bitter twisted lies
You may trod me in the very dirt
but still, like dust, I'll rise.....

Got to lover her!!

Some Tests to Try for Fun (if you want to, when you get around to them!). Please tell us your results:

Have you ever taken the Rebel/Yankee test –
Are You a Yankee or a Rebel? - alphaDictionary * Southern Accent Test
What’s your score?

19% Dixie. Wow! You are a Duke of Yankeedom!

How nerdy are you? NerdTests.com Fun Tests - Nerd Quiz
What’s your score?

Low Ranking Nerd. Definitely a nerd but low on the totem pole of nerds.

How assertive are you? Self Tests by Psychology Today
What’s your score?

Ability to speak for self.....

You seldom hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it’s noisy neighbors or a raise you feel you deserve, you’ll immediately bring it to attention. You express yourself quite freely, asserting your personal rights with the confidence that your request is reasonable. As a typically self-assured individual, you are fairly comfortable with letting others know you disagree with them, especially when you feel you’re being treated poorly. This approach shows that you feel you deserve respect, and want others to treat you this way.

The recipe.....

I head cabbage

1 bunch broccoli (stalks)

2-3 carrots

4 oz or raisins

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup white vinegar

1/3 cup mayo

Shred, combine, mix, toss all ingredients......WALLA!! The best coleslaw you've ever ate this side of City_Data!! Enjoy.

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 09-17-2010 at 01:05 PM..

Old 09-17-2010, 12:58 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,044,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
When I was growing up, we always called our couch a davenport. I never heard the word used except in my own family, so I ended up going with couch instead. I don't know anyone who calls it a davenport, so it's interesting to know that my family wasn't totally alone in this.

My grandmother called it a davenport too!

Old 09-18-2010, 03:02 PM

Re: Coleslaw recipe

Had to correct that "teaspoon" of salt, rather salt to taste........sorry. Also mayo, add or lessened to your desired creaminess. There you go, enjoy!!

Old 09-18-2010, 03:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I thought I was the only person in the world who hates mustard!
When I was young - even the smell of mustard could make me gag! Now I can eat it when need be (if someone has made me a sandwich and I'm either starving or don't want to offend them) but I still hate it!!!

Old 09-18-2010, 03:19 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Thanks for the recipe, Betsey! I love cole slaw!

Old 09-18-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Thanks for the recipe, Betsey! I love cole slaw!
You're welcome Dewdrop. I do too. You must try this one, the raisins and broccoli stalks added are awesome.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:26 PM

Great thread VelcroQueen!! Something different and peaceful, yea!!

Old 09-18-2010, 05:34 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,883 times
[quote=VelcroQueen;15904826]YOUR OPINIONS AND INTERESTS – Just For Fun
(Some random but specific things I have been thinking about)
Please do not read others’ answers until after you have written your own. Thank you!

I really don’t know what my neighbors do.

Me – just me.
10 persons
50 persons
100 persons

In a church

Wonderful side dish

(1) hot dogs
(2) brussel sprouts (i like them now)
(3) rhubarb

(1) hotdogs
(2) rhubarb
(3) carrot cake

persimmon? 3 years ago...yuck
cumquat? when i was kid and went to florida

What do you, personally, usually call that really long piece of furniture in the living room that three or more persons can sit on at once?
couch
What is the past tense of “sneak”? No fair peeking or asking someone else!
sneak

The plural of the mammal mouse is mice. What is the plural of a computer mouse? No fair peeking or asking someone else! a computer thingy

The proper plural of the mammal, moose: is it meese, moosies, meesies, moose, or mooses. No fair peeking or asking someone else!
mooses
hmmm...

adult education at the community college
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity