Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 12:04 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,253,467 times

Advertisements

YOUR OPINIONS AND INTERESTS – Just For Fun
(Some random but specific things I have been thinking about)
Please do not read others’ answers until after you have written your own. Thank you!

I attend worship services every (or many) weekends. [Erase the one(s) not applicable]

That is unusual in my neighborhood.
Almost everyone here does.
I really don’t know what my neighbors do.
I do not wish to answer.
You’re very nosy, aren’t you?
Not applicable.

When I attend worship services, the attendance at the service is about [Erase the one not closest]
Me – just me.
10 persons
50 persons
100 persons
200 or more persons

My weekend public worship services are [Erase the one(s) not applicable]
Outdoors
In a home
In a shul or synagogue
In a church
In a mosque
In a temple
In some other structure

Coleslaw: [Erase the one(s) not applicable]
Wonderful main dish
Wonderful side dish
Poor excuse for food
Hey! I have a great recipe for coleslaw that you’d love! I’ll add it at the bottom of the page!

The 3 foods I hated most as a child:
(1)
(2)
(3)

The 3 foods I dislike most now:
(1)
(2)
(3)

When was the last time you had a
persimmon?
cumquat?

What do you, personally, usually call that really long piece of furniture in the living room that three or more persons can sit on at once?

What is the past tense of “sneak”? No fair peeking or asking someone else!

The plural of the mammal mouse is mice. What is the plural of a computer mouse? No fair peeking or asking someone else!

The proper plural of the mammal, moose: is it meese, moosies, meesies, moose, or mooses. No fair peeking or asking someone else!

If someone started a thread in which our grammatical errors were corrected, would you more likely be the corrector or the corrected?

If you were forced to take a teaching position, which of the following would you choose? Erase those you would not choose, and choose only one of the five following.Give your reason if you wish.
kindergarten
5th grade ESL
junior high science
high school English
adult education at the community college

Of the following artists the 3 I am leaving below are my favorites. (Add reasons, if you wish.) I know – it’s a long, laborious list, but whadayado?
Andy Warhol
Claude Monet
Edouard Manet
John J. Audubon
Leonardo da Vinci
Pablo Picasso
Dr. Seuss
Aubrey Beardsley
Salvador Dali
Grandma Moses
Hokusai
Michelangelo
Vincent van Gogh
Henri Matisse
Rembrandt
Georgia O’Keeffe
Piet Monfrian
René Magritte

My favorite author from 1500 C.E. to the present is (and please tell why):

Some Tests to Try for Fun (if you want to, when you get around to them!). Please tell us your results:

Have you ever taken the Rebel/Yankee test –
Are You a Yankee or a Rebel? - alphaDictionary * Southern Accent Test
What’s your score?

How nerdy are you? NerdTests.com Fun Tests - Nerd Quiz
What’s your score?

How assertive are you? Self Tests by Psychology Today
What’s your score?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 09:25 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
YOUR OPINIONS AND INTERESTS – Just For Fun
Please do not read others’ answers until after you have written your own. Thank you!

I attend worship services every (or many) weekends. [Erase the one(s) not applicable]

Not applicable.

When I attend worship services, the attendance at the service is about [Erase the one not closest]

Not applicable: I do not go to church

I had worshipped the Lord today: Thursday. I sang some hymns and read some Bible verses and prayed.

Poor excuse for food

(1) cream corn
(2) peas
(3) beets

(1) beets
(2) cream corn
(3) lima beans

persimmon? huh? Sounds like one of the knights around the round table
cumquat? what's that? Sounds like having nothing.... squat.

What do you, personally, usually call that really long piece of furniture in the living room that three or more persons can sit on at once? couch

What is the past tense of “sneak”? snuck

The plural of the mammal mouse is mice. What is the plural of a computer mouse? geeks

The proper plural of the mammal, moose: is it meese, moosies, meesies, moose, or mooses. moose

If someone started a thread in which our grammatical errors were corrected, would you more likely be the corrector or the corrected?

both

If you were forced to take a teaching position, which of the following would you choose? Erase those you would not choose, and choose only one of the five following.Give your reason if you wish.
kindergarten

Of the following artists the 3 I am leaving below are my favorites. (Add reasons, if you wish.) I know – it’s a long, laborious list, but whadayado?
Michelangelo

Rembrandt

Thomas Kinkade <- added

God through the Holy Spirit in writing & translating the King James Bible

Skipping the tests:

Last edited by Enow; 09-16-2010 at 09:49 AM..

Old 09-16-2010, 09:41 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,214,916 times

Not applicable.

Wonderful side dish

(1) Pea Soup
(2) Pea Soup
(3) Pea Soup

(1) Pea Soup
(2) Sauerkraut
(3) Pickles

persimmon? Never
cumquat? Never

What do you, personally, usually call that really long piece of furniture in the living room that three or more persons can sit on at once? A Couch

What is the past tense of “sneak”? No fair peeking or asking someone else! Sneaked

The plural of the mammal mouse is mice. What is the plural of a computer mouse? No fair peeking or asking someone else! Computer Mouses

The proper plural of the mammal, moose: is it meese, moosies, meesies, moose, or mooses. No fair peeking or asking someone else! Moose

If someone started a thread in which our grammatical errors were corrected, would you more likely be the corrector or the corrected? The Corrector

kindergarten

Leonardo da Vinci
Michelangelo
Georgia O’Keeffe

Stephen King...that guy has one fantastic imagination!!!

Took the Yankee or Rebel test: 50% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom. Considering I was born and raised in Chicago and have only been in AL the past 12 years...this was pretty surprising to me.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:12 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,253,467 times
I attend worship services every (or many) weekends. [Erase the one(s) not applicable] I really don’t know what my neighbors do.

100 persons

In a shul or synagogue

Poor excuse for food

(1) lima beans (2) cooked greens of any kind (3) corn bread

(1) lima beans (2) cooked greens of any kind (3) anything from a can

persimmon – over 30 years ago; cumquat – last year

What do you, personally, usually call that really long piece of furniture in the living room that three or more persons can sit on at once? a davenport or a sofa

What is the past tense of “sneak”? No fair peeking or asking someone else! Sneaked

The plural of the mammal mouse is mice. What is the plural of a computer mouse? No fair peeking or asking someone else! mouses

The proper plural of the mammal, moose: is it meese, moosies, meesies, moose, or mooses. No fair peeking or asking someone else! moose

If someone started a thread in which our grammatical errors were corrected, would you more likely be the corrector or the corrected? the corrected

Claude Monet, Aubrey Beardsley, Hokusai

Kafka. He is so humorously dark.

Some Tests to Try for Fun (if you want to, when you get around to them!). Please tell us your results:

What’s your score?

36% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

What’s your score?

Somewhat nerdy. I mean face it, you are nerdier than about half the test takers.

What’s your score?

78% You seldom hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. . . . You express yourself quite freely, asserting your personal rights with the confidence that your request is reasonable. . . . You are fairly comfortable with letting others know you disagree with them. . . .

Old 09-16-2010, 10:17 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Me – just me.

Outdoors
In a home
Since I don't really attend services - I guess they are wherever I am - in my home or outside!

Wonderful side dish

(1) Mustard
(2) Peas
(3) Lima Beans

(1)Mustard
(2) Peas
(3)Lima Beans

persimmon? probably when I was a child - I can't remember eating one since then
cumquat? probably when I was a child - I can't remember eating one since then

What do you, personally, usually call that really long piece of furniture in the living room that three or more persons can sit on at once?

Chaise

sneaked?

The plural of the mammal mouse is mice. What is the plural of a computer mouse? No fair peeking or asking someone else!

er... um... mouses?
The proper plural of the mammal, moose: is it meese, moosies, meesies, moose, or mooses. No fair peeking or asking someone else!

moose - although I like to say meese for fun!

I would be the corrector that needs to be corrected.

high school English

Claude Monet

Dr. Seuss

Hokusai

Ohhh... This is a hard one - There are simply too many to choose from! Jane Austin for her love and romance, Ayn Rand because she motivates me to work harder, Haruki Murakami because I love getting lost in his strange worlds, JK Rowling for letting me believe in magic again, Kahlil Gibran for awakening my spirit.

What’s your score?
I'm definitely a Yankee. I should make my husband take it! He's probably a Rebel!

What’s your score? I'm not a nerd. I'm probably cool. Yeah - tell that to my husband!!!

What’s your score? I'm right in the middle.

Last edited by Dewdroplet76; 09-16-2010 at 10:27 AM..

Old 09-16-2010, 10:21 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Oops... I mean sofa! Sofa! I don't know why I thought you were describing a chaise when I read it through at first! I sound so pretentious!!! Sofa!!!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:25 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,044,912 times
[quote=VelcroQueen;15904826]YOUR OPINIONS AND INTERESTS – Just For Fun

That is unusual in my neighborhood.
I do not wish to answer.
You’re very nosy, aren’t you?
Not applicable.

10 persons with my chauverah

100 persons at my shul

In a home
In a shul or synagogue

Wonderful side dish and on chili dogs!

(1) lima beans
(2) egg plant
(3)

(1) lima beans
(2) egg plant
(3)

persimmon? never
cumquat? never

couch

snuck

computer mice

moose

I don't correct others grammer, I am sure mine is not always perfect.

kindergarten

Pablo Picasso I live his art! So different!

Dr. Seuss I have such memories of Dr Seuss and now of reading those books to my kids when they were little.

Georgia O’Keeffe - I love her art! So peaceful!

Elie Wiesel because as a survivor of the shoah as a teenager and his work torwards peace and understanding between mankind.

Elie Wiesel's statement, "...to remain silent and indifferent is the greatest sin of all..."stands as a succinct summary of his views on life and serves as the driving force of his work. Wiesel is the author of 36 works dealing with Judaism, the Holocaust, and the moral responsibility of all people to fight hatred, racism and genocide

What’s your score?

Yankee

What’s your score?

What’s your score?

Old 09-16-2010, 04:34 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
[quote=VelcroQueen;15904826]I attend worship services every (or many) weekends.

200 or more persons

In a church

Hey! I have a great recipe for coleslaw that you’d love! I’ll add it at the bottom of the page! (If I weren't too busy.)

(1) Avacados
(2) Fruitcake
(3) Sweet potatos

(1) Avacados
(2) Fruitcake
(3) Sweet popatos

persimmon?
Never had one.

cumquat?
Never had one.

couch

snuck

mice

moose

The corrector. I catch most grammatical errors, but seldom mention them.

Michelangelo
Vincent van Gogh
Rembrandt

John Steinbeck. I don't read Steinbeck that often. I usually read more contemporary stuff, but I think he is timeless.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
(1) cream corn
Absolutely! Gag! And corn chowder is even worse. It tastes just like creamed corn except for even runnier.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
a davenport or a sofa
When I was growing up, we always called our couch a davenport. I never heard the word used except in my own family, so I ended up going with couch instead. I don't know anyone who calls it a davenport, so it's interesting to know that my family wasn't totally alone in this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity