Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 09:20 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
There are no prophets today.
Well, I'll agree with you to the extent that I don't believe there are any prophets in your church today.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:27 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Tell that to those of us who have been healed and who have had the spirit heal others through us.

YouTube - Miraculous Healing (This is the Real Thing!)
God can heal whenever He wants to, if it suits Him to do so. But He does not give the gift of healing to individuals since the pre-canon period of the church-age.

There is counterfeit healing which involves demonism. There is also much fakery. The gift of healing does not exist in the post-canon era of the church-age.

Satan has the power to heal and he will use this to deceive many millions of people and lead them astray in the Tribulation. (Rev. 13:1-4, 12).

If modern so-called faith healers really have the gift of healing, then let them prove their ministry by going to hospitals and nursing homes and healing the sick, instead of holding healing meetings, writing books, and asking for money on television.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:34 PM

33 posts, read 40,427 times
If there are no more prophets to prophesy about future events, I don't know, but this morning, in a dream I was standing in a cemetary, and as I was looking at one grave stone in particular, suddenly the ground began to shake and the graves started to open up. I knew that the Lord was resurrecting the dead. When I woke up I took a peek at my kids still sleeping, wondering what sort of visionary dreams the Lord was showing them.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:48 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
God can heal whenever He wants to, if it suits Him to do so. But He does not give the gift of healing to individuals since the pre-canon period of the church-age.

There is counterfeit healing which involves demonism. There is also much fakery. The gift of healing does not exist in the post-canon era of the church-age.

Satan has the power to heal and he will use this to deceive many millions of people and lead them astray in the Tribulation. (Rev. 13:1-4, 12).

If modern so-called faith healers really have the gift of healing, then let them prove their ministry by going to hospitals and nursing homes and healing the sick, instead of holding healing meetings, writing books, and asking for money on television.
As a matter of fact my father did go to hospitals for that very purpose.

At one point two members of one of the congregations my father ministered to asked my father to come to the hospital and pray for their new born baby. The Child was born with a massive hole in his heart and was only being kept alive by machines while the doctors tried to think of a way to treat him. They had already told the parents that the child was going to die and that there was nothing that could be done to save him. They would not allow the doctors to take him of the machines until they had my father come in and pray over the child. The very next morning the doctors noticed certain changes in the vital signs of the baby and had ex-rays done to see what was the matter. The hole in the babies heart had completely disappeared. The story appeared in the local paper soon after, and the whole town witnessed of the miracle thereby.

I myself hit a little boy who ran out into the street some years ago with my car while doing almost 50 miles an hour. The impact threw him 15 or more feet up into the air and over 20 feet away from the point of impact, where he bounced off the ground twice like a rubber ball until he finally settled sprawled out on the sidewalk. The spirit moved me to get out of my car and lay hands on him, and i heard myself say, "its alright, your healed". At that moment the boy opened his eyes and took a deep breath and began to cry. When the ambulance arrived they checked him top to bottom on the spot, only to find that the boy was not injured other than a few scratches and bruises.

His shoes were still fully laced and under my car after i hit him. The impact knocked him clean out of his shoes!

I know what i saw, and i know i was not in control. I was in shock and i watched as something(i believe the spirit of God) took control of my body while all i could do was watch.

Im sorry that you have never experienced the power of the spirit and the gifts of the spirit in your life Mike, because they are very real and very much in action today. Perhaps you should re-examine your faith ...

Peace ...

Old 09-18-2010, 10:56 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
There are no prophets today.

But with the completion of the New Testament canon, we now have God's complete message to us and there is no need for prophets any longer.
God, if he chooses, can still reveal things from the future to his people.

However, Hebrews 1:1-2 seems to say the time for prophecy is over. Scripture only warns about false prophets, we are not promised real prophets in the future during the last times. Paul speaks of God speaking through prophets as "in the past" as in that's the way he used to do but no longer.

Now we have Jesus, which Jesus says he is the Omega .. the end.
This claim by Jesus in Rev would verify Hebrews 1:1-2 that the time for prophecy is over and the need for more info for salvation is over.

" In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son,
whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe." Hebrews 1:1-2

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life." Revelation 21:6"

Every false prophet rejects this statement from Jesus .. salvation is without cost ... salvation is free !!!
"To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life."

Thank God for churches that preach the message .... salvation is without cost ... salvation is free !!!
"To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life."

Those who believe this are the true Church.

Last edited by twin.spin; 09-18-2010 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: easier reading \ and error in typing

Old 09-18-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
As a matter of fact my father did go to hospitals for that very purpose.

At one point two members of one of the congregations my father ministered to asked my father to come to the hospital and pray for their new born baby. The Child was born with a massive hole in his heart and was only being kept alive by machines while the doctors tried to think of a way to treat him. They had already told the parents that the child was going to die and that there was nothing that could be done to save him. They would not allow the doctors to take him of the machines until they had my father come in and pray over the child. The very next morning the doctors noticed certain changes in the vital signs of the baby and had ex-rays done to see what was the matter. The hole in the babies heart had completely disappeared. The story appeared in the local paper soon after, and the whole town witnessed of the miracle thereby.

I myself hit a little boy who ran out into the street some years ago with my car while doing almost 50 miles an hour. The impact threw him 15 or more feet up into the air and over 20 feet away from the point of impact, where he bounced off the ground twice like a rubber ball until he finally settled sprawled out on the sidewalk. The spirit moved me to get out of my car and lay hands on him, and i heard myself say, "its alright, your healed". At that moment the boy opened his eyes and took a deep breath and began to cry. When the ambulance arrived they checked him top to bottom on the spot, only to find that the boy was not injured other than a few scratches and bruises.

His shoes were still fully laced and under my car after i hit him. The impact knocked him clean out of his shoes!

I know what i saw, and i know i was not in control. I was in shock and i watched as something(i believe the spirit of God) took control of my body while all i could do was watch.

Im sorry that you have never experienced the power of the spirit and the gifts of the spirit in your life Mike, because they are very real and very much in action today. Perhaps you should re-examine your faith ...

Peace ...
So you say. The word of God says that the gift of healing was temporary. God can heal whenever He wants to. But He doesn't give the gift of healing to individuals.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
So you say. The word of God says that the gift of healing was temporary. God can heal whenever He wants to. But He doesn't give the gift of healing to individuals.
The gifts of the spirit are still very much in effect.

"When the perfect is come" does not in any way shape or form refer to the canon of the new testament. It refers to the dispensation of the fullness of times when the restitution of all things has been accomplished and sin and death are completely done away with, when God is at last all in all. Then we will know God even as he knows us now.

I know for a fact that the spiritual gifts are still at work, because i have experienced them first hand. So telling me that the gifts are no longer in effect is like trying to convince me that night is day and day is night.

I imagine the reason you have never experienced the gifts of the spirit is because you are steeped in the false teachings of the traditions of man.

You can think that I'm lying all you want, but the fact remains the same, the spiritual gifts are still in operation and will remain in operation until Gods plan and purpose for the ages is fulfilled.

What you are teaching, the Scofield school of thought concerning these things, is what i understand "having a form of Godliness but denying the power thereof" to actually mean.

Peace ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-19-2010 at 12:41 AM..

Old 09-19-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:
The gifts of the spirit are still very much in effect.

"When the perfect is come" does not in any way shape or form refer to the canon of the new testament. It refers to the dispensation of the fullness of times when the restitution of all things has been accomplished and sin and death are completely done away with, when God is at last all in all. Then we will know God even as he knows us now.

I know for a fact that the spiritual gifts are still at work, because i have experienced them first hand. So telling me that the gifts are no longer in effect is like trying to convince me that night is day and day is night.

I imagine the reason you have never experienced the gifts of the spirit is because you are steeped in the false teachings of the traditions of man.

You can think that I'm lying all you want, but the fact remains the same, the spiritual gifts are still in operation and will remain in operation until Gods plan and purpose for the ages is fulfilled.

What you are teaching, the Scofield school of thought concerning these things, is what i understand "having a form of Godliness but denying the power thereof" to actually mean.

Peace ...
Your fictions are exactly that. Your fictions.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Your fictions are exactly that. Your fictions.
"Ye of little faith" ...

Mat 17:20
And He said to them, “Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

Too bad you don't believe the words of Christ. By faith we can not only heal and prophecy by the power of the spirit(if it be the will of God), we can move mountains ...

You remind me of Peter, sinking in the dark and turbulent waters of your own unbelief.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-19-2010 at 03:23 AM..

Old 09-19-2010, 05:11 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,024,985 times
The foundation of the church does not have to be built again or Jesus does not have to be die on the cross again , But Jesus is still giving the gifts of the Prophet and Apostle, Evangelist and the Pastor and the Teacher Today In the churches were there is tolerances that do not rejected the gifts of Holy Spirit.... For Lord Jesus will Honor those who oppose the Gifts and NOT give them there, so he gives them to other Churches who give Holy Spirit the lead ..... God did not loss his tongue after the scriptures were canonised, but the scipture are complete for this age for the church...... The Churches were prophecy is accepted Jesus gives a lead for up and coming times, he brings understanding and clearity into the scriptures,, he brings a lead in faith were issues are happening and people are hurting in their lives to believe .....The gifts of the Apostle are still given to men who will have authority over the land to build churches in other areas and communities, so others can spread the gospel to the world and beyond the lone church walls.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity