Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 05:48 PM

30 posts, read 23,939 times

Advertisements

jesus is already here.. he is within us.. we are looking in the wrong places for him..
when our hearts are clean and pure and our spirits new, we will see him.

seek god and we will find him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 11:49 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
This is the next earthly event on the Lord's calendar.

1 Thess. 4:16-17 -For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:19 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is the next earthly event on the Lord's calendar.

1 Thess. 4:16-17 -For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.
Absolutely. The rapture of the church terminates the church-age. The rapture is pre-tribulational and precedes the return of Christ at the end of the tribulation by some 7 years.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:04 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
As long as we continue to focus on a Christ without us, we shall never see Him..

Blessings,
brian

Old 09-22-2010, 06:30 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
As long as we continue to focus on a Christ without us, we shall never see Him..

Blessings,
brian
Shouldn't we also focus on how we, too, can become Christs as Jesus became the Christ? Isn't that what He would want us to do? Be like He was and more? Shouldn't we focus on the now and not tomorrows so that our tomorrows will be filled with light?

If Jesus said to Love one another, shouldn't that be the focus so that when or if He does return then we can say that we did as He asked of us? Why dwell on something that hasn't happened when we can dwell on what is happening.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Shouldn't we also focus on how we, too, can become Christs as Jesus became the Christ? Isn't that what He would want us to do? Be like He was and more? Shouldn't we focus on the now and not tomorrows so that our tomorrows will be filled with light?
We can't become more than He is - He is the only true Son of God - who can top that?

Be like Christ and sanctify yourself through the spirit.

Quote:
If Jesus said to Love one another, shouldn't that be the focus so that when or if He does return then we can say that we did as He asked of us? Why dwell on something that hasn't happened when we can dwell on what is happening.
Yes, love one another as He said.

Why dwell on something that hasn't happened?? It's called a hopeful expectation. Haven't you ever waited on something good to happen? His future return is encouragement that He will fulfill His promise and that He will bring His own to be with Him.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
We can't become more than He is - He is the only true Son of God - who can top that?

Be like Christ and sanctify yourself through the spirit.

Yes, love one another as He said.

Why dwell on something that hasn't happened?? It's called a hopeful expectation. Haven't you ever waited on something good to happen? His future return is encouragement that He will fulfill His promise and that He will bring His own to be with Him.
I have to disagree. God is the Father of all, including Jesus. Since He is Father to all then we are all brothers and sisters, including Jesus, no matter how much of God's attributes we have within us. Even if one of us has attained Paradise, God sees us all as equal even if the rest of the creations are less than Paradise citizens. It's the story of the lost sheep. Just because we gorify one, does not mean that God glorifies only one. He wouldn't be our Father if that were the case. So, we must all attain that which Jesus proclaimed for all of us. To become perfect as our Father is perfect. Jesus showed us how to do that. We shouldn't hold one brother with more esteem than another.

It's not 100% confirmed that Jesus will return. It's all speculation. I have heard that He will not return until we are in the era of Light and Life. In that sense, we will all be dead and gone from this world on down to our g-g-g-g grand children. So if it's speculation then we should only worry if we are doing what Jesus asked of us. To love one another. Personally, I can't see Him coming back while we're all bickering and fighting for who is right or wrong or whos country is better. I'd like to think that He would want to come back to celebrate our Light and Life status.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I have to disagree. God is the Father of all, including Jesus. Since He is Father to all then we are all brothers and sisters, including Jesus, no matter how much of God's attributes we have within us. Even if one of us has attained Paradise, God sees us all as equal even if the rest of the creations are less than Paradise citizens. It's the story of the lost sheep. Just because we gorify one, does not mean that God glorifies only one. He wouldn't be our Father if that were the case. So, we must all attain that which Jesus proclaimed for all of us. To become perfect as our Father is perfect. Jesus showed us how to do that. We shouldn't hold one brother with more esteem than another.
Jesus only is able to sit at God's right hand. Jesus only has lived sinless on the earth. Jesus only is God's begotten son. Jesus only has been audibly complemented by God from heaven.

Quote:
It's not 100% confirmed that Jesus will return. It's all speculation.
You are not a true believer in Christ - so there's nothing newsworthy here.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Jesus only is able to sit at God's right hand. Jesus only has lived sinless on the earth. Jesus only is God's begotten son. Jesus only has been audibly complemented by God from heaven.

You are not a true believer in Christ - so there's nothing newsworthy here.
I believe in what Jesus taught and what His true mission was. That makes me a believer in Christ. That is all Jesus asked of us yet I have not seen, yet, any person who adheres to the bible or any other sacred book, redeemed. So, that means if Jesus came back right now, not one person who claims to be His follower will go with Him or share in His glory. If the ones who follow Jesus are adamant that they will be the chosen ones then all of them should, right now, be perfect as God is perfect yet I see all kinds of "followers" not doing what has been asked of them. To love one another equally as God loves us.

I dont' read the bible and I don't attend church so we will have differing opinions about Jesus. I'm sorry you deem yourself unworthy of God and to become His son as Jesus is His son. We are precious and we are rare. We are God's children and His most wonderful of all creations on this planet. We shouldn't tell ourseves we are not worthy of such praise as we give to only one person. We deserve to be exhaulted as much as Jesus was. We are no worse than He is. He is my brother and teacher. He is my friend and He will tell you as much as I am telling you that you and me and the whole world should be praised just for being God's children. Jesus is not better than any of us. He is equal. If that makes me some kind of evil person and I'll burn in hell, so be it. I have no fear of that which loves me.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
I believe in what Jesus taught and what His true mission was. That makes me a believer in Christ.
If you truly believe, you would believe that He will return, as is stated - but you don't.

Acts 1:10-11 - And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. They also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven."

Quote:
I dont' read the bible and I don't attend church so we will have differing opinions about Jesus. I'm sorry you deem yourself unworthy of God and to become His son as Jesus is His son. We are precious and we are rare. We are God's children and His most wonderful of all creations on this planet. We shouldn't tell ourseves we are not worthy of such praise as we give to only one person. We deserve to be exhaulted as much as Jesus was. We are no worse than He is. He is my brother and teacher. He is my friend and He will tell you as much as I am telling you that you and me and the whole world should be praised just for being God's children. Jesus is not better than any of us. He is equal. If that makes me some kind of evil person and I'll burn in hell, so be it. I have no fear of that which loves me.
As you said - you don't read the Bible. So it's understandable that you make the statements that you do - because you do not understand - and you do not understand because you do not believe in Christ.

I can only hope that your mind and heart is changed at some point because while it's easy to make statements about burning in hell - it's different to actually "cash the check" on that statement.

Don't feel sorry for me because I see Jesus for who He is - it's a privilege.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity