Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 11:44 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If you truly believe, you would believe that He will return, as is stated - but you don't.

Acts 1:10-11 - And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. They also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven."

As you said - you don't read the Bible. So it's understandable that you make the statements that you do - because you do not understand - and you do not understand because you do not believe in Christ.

I can only hope that your mind and heart is changed at some point because while it's easy to make statements about burning in hell - it's different to actually "cash the check" on that statement.

Don't feel sorry for me because I see Jesus for who He is - it's a privilege.
Well, for one, I don't because He has already been here to reiterate what He taught on earth and what He is still doing in the spirit world. Just because I don't read the bible does not mean that my faith in Jesus' teachings is not real. It is real. I believe He told us to love God and each other and to become perfect as our Father is perfect. I don't remember any other commandments that He gave regarding our soul development. What other commandments did He give in the bible? He didn't command us to worship Him, only God, our Father is to be worshipped. Don't you remember that Jesus always talked with His Father in Heaven? It's in the bible. Don't you remember that Jesus said that God was greater than Him? It's in the bible. Don't you remember Jesus saying that the first commandment is the most important, to not have any other Gods before God? When you exalt Jesus and worship and pray to HIm, you put Him above God. I can't do that no matter what names I'm called or how much people make fun of me. God is my Father, not Jesus. Jesus is the wayshower and I took His hand and He showed me the door to the Kingdom. It is growing inside me.

I guess I"ll never understand why people do the very opposite of what Jesus asked of them. Worship another besides God. Pray to false idols. Kill, Lie. Steal. And most important, they try to take away free will by telling them horrible lies so that they are not alone in their thinking. I just don't get it.

When Jesus comes again, I'm pretty sure most people won't recognize Him. They discard His message and the majority of people don't even know what He looks like. Love God and each other. Why is that so hard. I don't get it. If I were Jesus, I'd stay away because it would surely break His heart to see His children bickering over something so petty like religion and what each is taught through their ministers. Ministers aren't perfect and they surely haven't seen God. If they did, they wouldn't teach what they do.

But, it's just my opinion and since I'm a mere human being with nothing to look forward to in heaven, well you know why, why listen.

BTW, Jesus is a Creator Son. Which means He was created different than us. He created our universe and He helped with the creation of our species. He did not, however, create our souls. That was God's doing. So we are children of God's first and formost and children of Jesus' second and only in the material sense. He is greater than even you can possibly imagine so don't think that I don't know how great He is. When His brother comes, I hope your around so that you can see just how great Jesus really is and why He isn't to be worshipped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 01:02 PM

823 posts, read 1,402,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Well, for one, I don't because He has already been here to reiterate what He taught on earth and what He is still doing in the spirit world. Just because I don't read the bible does not mean that my faith in Jesus' teachings is not real. It is real. I believe He told us to love God and each other and to become perfect as our Father is perfect. I don't remember any other commandments that He gave regarding our soul development. What other commandments did He give in the bible? He didn't command us to worship Him, only God, our Father is to be worshipped. Don't you remember that Jesus always talked with His Father in Heaven? It's in the bible. Don't you remember that Jesus said that God was greater than Him? It's in the bible. Don't you remember Jesus saying that the first commandment is the most important, to not have any other Gods before God? When you exalt Jesus and worship and pray to HIm, you put Him above God. I can't do that no matter what names I'm called or how much people make fun of me. God is my Father, not Jesus. Jesus is the wayshower and I took His hand and He showed me the door to the Kingdom. It is growing inside me.

I guess I"ll never understand why people do the very opposite of what Jesus asked of them. Worship another besides God. Pray to false idols. Kill, Lie. Steal. And most important, they try to take away free will by telling them horrible lies so that they are not alone in their thinking. I just don't get it.

When Jesus comes again, I'm pretty sure most people won't recognize Him. They discard His message and the majority of people don't even know what He looks like. Love God and each other. Why is that so hard. I don't get it. If I were Jesus, I'd stay away because it would surely break His heart to see His children bickering over something so petty like religion and what each is taught through their ministers. Ministers aren't perfect and they surely haven't seen God. If they did, they wouldn't teach what they do.

But, it's just my opinion and since I'm a mere human being with nothing to look forward to in heaven, well you know why, why listen.

BTW, Jesus is a Creator Son. Which means He was created different than us. He created our universe and He helped with the creation of our species. He did not, however, create our souls. That was God's doing. So we are children of God's first and formost and children of Jesus' second and only in the material sense. He is greater than even you can possibly imagine so don't think that I don't know how great He is. When His brother comes, I hope your around so that you can see just how great Jesus really is and why He isn't to be worshipped.
I commend you Reverend for following the words which Jesus spoke! I really also cannot understand why so many minimize what Jesus told us to focus on.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:14 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,920 times
My 2 cents.

Don't believe in the rapture, at least not the way it's taught nowadays.

Luke 17:30 - "Yes, it will be business as usual right up to the day when the Son of Man is revealed."

A little further on it says -

Luke 17:36-37 - "There shall be two men in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. And they said to him, “Where, Lord?” He said to them, “Where the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.”

So if you rapture believers think christians are just going to vanish in the twinkling of an eye, how do you explain "Where the corpse is, there the vultures will gather"?

So to me, when the Son of Man is revealed, we'll hear the trumpet blast, we'll see the sun blocked out by His coming with His heavenly army. Every eye shall see him. It will be spectacular. There will be no doubt.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:22 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
My 2 cents.

Don't believe in the rapture, at least not the way it's taught nowadays.

Luke 17:30 - "Yes, it will be business as usual right up to the day when the Son of Man is revealed."

A little further on it says -

Luke 17:36-37 - "There shall be two men in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. And they said to him, “Where, Lord?” He said to them, “Where the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.”

So if you rapture believers think christians are just going to vanish in the twinkling of an eye, how do you explain "Where the corpse is, there the vultures will gather"?

So to me, when the Son of Man is revealed, we'll hear the trumpet blast, we'll see the sun blocked out by His coming with His heavenly army. Every eye shall see him. It will be spectacular. There will be no doubt.

Luke 17:34-37 is not the rapture. It is referring to the fact that when Christ returns to the earth at the end of the tribulation, some 7 years after the rapture has occurred, He is going to remove all unbelievers from the earth. This is the baptism of fire which was prophesied by John the baptist in Matthew 3:11-12, in which he speaks of the wheat (believers) being gathered into the barn, and the chaff (the unbeliever) being burned up with unquenchable fire.

Matthew 25:31-46 is the fulfillment of the prophecy. When Christ returns at the end of the Tribulation, one of the first orders of business will be to separate the unbeliever from the believer. Only tribulational believers who have survived to the end of the tribulation will go into the Millennial kingdom. All unbelievers who survived to the end of the tribulation will be removed from the earth and cast into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels as per Matthew 25:41,46.

Jesus will kill these unbelievers and their corpses will be left on the ground for the vultures as per Matthew 24:28 and Luke 17:34-37 AND REVELATION 19:17,18., while their souls (the real person) will be cast into the eternal fire of Matthew 25:41.

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened; and behold, a white horse, and He who sat upon it is called Faithful and True; and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12] And His eyes are a flame of fire, and upon His head are many diadems; and He has a name written upon Him which no one knows except Himself. 13] And He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood; and His name is called The Word of God. 14] And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15] And from His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may smite the nations; and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16] And on His robe and on His thigh He has a nme written, ''KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.'' 17] And I saw an angel standing in the sun and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in midheaven, ''Come, assemble for the great supper of God; 18] In order that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great.

Matthew 24:27 'For just as the lightning comes from the east, and flashes even to the west, so shall the coming of the Son of Man be. 28] Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

Zechariah 14:4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.

This is how Jesus will return and put an end to the tribulation and usher in His Millennial Kingdom.

At the rapture, all believers are taken off the earth into heaven, and unbelievers are left on the earth.

At the return of Christ at the end of the tribulation, it is the unbeliever who will be removed from the earth, (he - his soul will be cast into the eternal fire of Matthew 24:41, while his corpse will be left for the vultures), while the believer is left on the earth to go into the Millennial kingdom.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:41 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,920 times
Quote:
Jesus will kill these unbelievers and their corpses will be left on the ground for the vultures as per Matthew 24:28 and Luke 17:34-37 AND REVELATION 19:17,18., while their souls (the real person) will be cast into the eternal fire of Matthew 25:41.
Jesus will kill them? Hope He kills them good. Just wondering out loud here, He seemed so loving and forgiving when He was physically here on earth, why is He so ornery and angry now? Could it be because He was only able to salvage 15% of mankind and maybe His Father is angry with Him?

Another thought, vultures will still eat meat in the millennium period? I thought the animal kingdom was going to resort to eating grass and straw, I know lions will be.

If your waiting for the classic Late great planet earth/7 year tribulation period/rapture and take everything literally, don't hold your breath.

I thought people would respond to my post about Christ coming literally/physically in the sky,stating you can't take this literally but I still believe that. On the other hand, I don't buy into the Hal Lindsay/ Left Behind junk at all.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Jesus will kill them? Hope He kills them good. Just wondering out loud here, He seemed so loving and forgiving when He was physically here on earth, why is He so ornery and angry now? Could it be because He was only able to salvage 15% of mankind and maybe His Father is angry with Him?

Another thought, vultures will still eat meat in the millennium period? I thought the animal kingdom was going to resort to eating grass and straw, I know lions will be.

If your waiting for the classic Late great planet earth/7 year tribulation period/rapture and take everything literally, don't hold your breath.

I thought people would respond to my post about Christ coming literally/physically in the sky,stating you can't take this literally but I still believe that. On the other hand, I don't buy into the Hal Lindsay/ Left Behind junk at all.
No believer will be left behind in the rapture. Only unbelievers will be left to go into the tribulation. When Christ returns at the end of the tribulation, only believers will be left on the earth to go into the Millennial kingdom. This is all Scriptural.

When Jesus came the first time, He came as the Lamb of God. He came as the suffering servant. His mission was to go to the Cross to die for the sins of the world so that those who receive Him as Savior could have eternal life.

But when He returns at the end of the Tribulation, He comes not as the Lamb of God, but as The Lion of Judah. When He returns He utterly destroys the armies of the antichrist who are attacking Jerusalem. Then He sets about establishing His Kingdom. And as already said, No unbeliever will go into that kingdom. Just as Jesus will have slain the armies who attack Jerusalem, He will convene judgment on the nations as per Matthew 25:41, and separate the sheep (believers) from the goats (unbelievers). The goats - the unbelieves will all be slain, their souls - the real person will be cast into the eternal fire, while their bodies will as mentioned in different passages, be left for the vultures. This will be the first order of business as the Lord establishes His kingdom on this earth. This will be a function of divine justice, divine judgment on all who have rejected Him.

Revelation 19:15 'And from His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may smite the nations; and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16] And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name writen, ''KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.''

The first time Jesus came, He came to fulfill a specific purpose. The second time He comes, He comes to fulfill a different specific purpose.

And I assure you, that the rapture of the church and the 7 year Tribulation period which follows is quite real. Hal Linsey has nothing to do with it.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:51 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No believer will be left behind in the rapture. Only unbelievers will be left to go into the tribulation. When Christ returns at the end of the tribulation, only believers will be left on the earth to go into the Millennial kingdom. This is all Scriptural.

When Jesus came the first time, He came as the Lamb of God. He came as the suffering servant. His mission was to go to the Cross to die for the sins of the world so that those who receive Him as Savior could have eternal life.

But when He returns at the end of the Tribulation, He comes not as the Lamb of God, but as The Lion of Judah. When He returns He utterly destroys the armies of the antichrist who are attacking Jerusalem. Then He sets about establishing His Kingdom. And as already said, No unbeliever will go into that kingdom. Just as Jesus will have slain the armies who attack Jerusalem, He will convene judgment on the nations as per Matthew 25:41, and separate the sheep (believers) from the goats (unbelievers). The goats - the unbelieves will all be slain, their souls - the real person will be cast into the eternal fire, while their bodies will as mentioned in different passages, be left for the vultures. This will be the first order of business as the Lord establishes His kingdom on this earth. This will be a function of divine justice, divine judgment on all who have rejected Him.

Revelation 19:15 'And from His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may smite the nations; and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16] And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name writen, ''KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.''

The first time Jesus came, He came to fulfill a specific purpose. The second time He comes, He comes to fulfill a different specific purpose.

And I assure you, that the rapture of the church and the 7 year Tribulation period which follows is quite real. Hal Linsey has nothing to do with it.
Sounds more like serving Satan than it does serving God.

Why would God destroy those who He created? If ever God does any of the above that will mean He is unmerciful, unloving, unforgiving, unrighteous, uncaring, jealous, angry, prideful, and conditional.

That's not a God I want to worship.

When Jesus was here, He showed us what God is like. How He lived His life is how God would want us to live. By being Love to one another no matter what anyone believes.

I'm sure the rapture will never happen as this is not the world we came from nor is it the world we will continue throughout eternity living in. Remember Jesus said "My Kingdom is not of this world"? Remember? His Kingdom is not here.

Jesus will return but not like that. He will celebrate with us in the coming age of Light and Life. Sorry bub, I don't buy that Revelation stuff. It's an allegory anyway. It was never to be taken literally.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Sounds more like serving Satan than it does serving God.

Why would God destroy those who He created? If ever God does any of the above that will mean He is unmerciful, unloving, unforgiving, unrighteous, uncaring, jealous, angry, prideful, and conditional.

That's not a God I want to worship.

When Jesus was here, He showed us what God is like. How He lived His life is how God would want us to live. By being Love to one another no matter what anyone believes.

I'm sure the rapture will never happen as this is not the world we came from nor is it the world we will continue throughout eternity living in. Remember Jesus said "My Kingdom is not of this world"? Remember? His Kingdom is not here.

Jesus will return but not like that. He will celebrate with us in the coming age of Light and Life. Sorry bub, I don't buy that Revelation stuff. It's an allegory anyway. It was never to be taken literally.
Jesus will return exactly as described in the Scriptures. God has revealed in advance what is going to happen when Christ returns. You are free to disbelieve it as you have. The Jesus you claim to believe in is not the real Jesus - the Jesus Christ that is revealed in the word of God.

Jesus will establish His Millennial kingdom here on earth at His second Advent as the Scriptures state. And Revelation is quite literal. The descriptive language which is used in many passages describe things that are very real.

If you choose not to face reality now, you will have to face it later.

With the following statement which you made above, you have judged God.

''If ever God does any of the above that will mean He is unmerciful, unloving, unforgiving, unrighteous, uncaring, jealous, angry, prideful, and conditional''.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:38 AM

63,838 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
With the following statement which you made above, you have judged God.

''If ever God does any of the above that will mean He is unmerciful, unloving, unforgiving, unrighteous, uncaring, jealous, angry, prideful, and conditional''.
You have a real obsession with being God . . . don't you Mike. She is judging YOUR evil descriptions and beliefs ABOUT God . . . NOT God . . . whose love she seems to understand and express.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have a real obsession with being God . . . don't you Mike. She is judging YOUR evil descriptions and beliefs ABOUT God . . . NOT God . . . whose love she seems to understand and express.
To see what the fella above is referring to, readers may refer back to posts #24, 26, and 28.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity