Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that "true Christians" ever sin?
Yes ... 60 92.31%
NO! 5 7.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:07 AM

525 posts, read 348,594 times

Advertisements

hilgi,

re: "Another sin free Christian here? Or do you use the ‘I forgot’ (willfull sin) excuse?"

How do those comments address the verses in 1st John?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 11:43 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
stoneofrefuge,

re: "For crying out loud, Christians sin everyday..."

1 John 3:6 - "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him."

1 John 3:9 - "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

1 John 5:18 - "And we know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and

Rom 7:16-17
But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:46 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,407,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmaw1776 View Post
so i am curious ... I noticed a recent upsurge in christian legalists on the forum. So i want to make a survey of who is who.

Do you believe that "true christians" ever sin?

Yes or no ... ?
yes!!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2010, 12:16 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
hilgi,

re: "Another sin free Christian here? Or do you use the ‘I forgot’ (willfull sin) excuse?"

How do those comments address the verses in 1st John?
I put verses in context, not with a man made numbering system for easy manipulation of the truth.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:06 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
Quote:
stoneofrefuge,

re: "For crying out loud, Christians sin everyday..."

1 John 3:6 - "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him."

1 John 3:9 - "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

1 John 5:18 - "And we know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and
These verses fall on deaf ears to those who don't want to hear. Many so called christians love the works of the flesh, so this everybody sins doctrine comforts them while they are unknowingly on the road to hell; their father, the devil, has rocked them to sleep.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:53 PM

525 posts, read 348,594 times
hilgi,

re: "I put verses in context, not with a man made numbering system for easy manipulation of the truth."

You’re going to have to explain what a "man made numbering system" has to do with what 1 John 3:16, 1 John 3:9 and 1 John 5:18 say about sin.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:24 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
hilgi,

re: "I put verses in context, not with a man made numbering system for easy manipulation of the truth."

You’re going to have to explain what a "man made numbering system" has to do with what 1 John 3:16, 1 John 3:9 and 1 John 5:18 say about sin.
You are quoting specific verses (sentences or partial sentences) and those verse numbers were created by man, not God. When that letter was written it was not numbered, it was a complete thought with a theme.

You can take any writing, add numbers, pull out a few of those numbered sentences and make the claim that they say anything you want.

The overall gospel theme says we are sin free because of what Jesus did on the cross, his righteousness is our righteousness. So when God sees us he sees Jesus on the cross, not our sin or flesh.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:10 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoiceofgod View Post
All the saints had to be sinless but after the Roman government killed them all, it started the 1600+ year famine of the spoken Word. That's because the Romans had their leader, Constantine, find a way to deceive the followers of the saints. These were sinners who were in the process of becoming sinless but after their saints died, they had no gospel to obey and no truth around to tell them about the deception they were getting into. This was the beginning of Christianity and Constantine was a pagan worshipper who introduced all his pagan beliefs into this religion and falsified writings of some saints used for their new testament that were designed to totally confuse anyone who reads it. It worked.
Horse pile, plain and simple.

...and the gates of hell will not prevail against it.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:17 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
These verses fall on deaf ears to those who don't want to hear. Many so called christians love the works of the flesh, so this everybody sins doctrine comforts them while they are unknowingly on the road to hell; their father, the devil, has rocked them to sleep.
Quote:
hilgi,

The fact is, there is no false doctrine more responsible for causing new believers to loose faith in Christ for their salvation than the false doctrine of legalism.

And those that teach this false doctrine are responsible for the apostasy of ex-Christian who has fallen from the faith because of that teaching.

Whoever teaches this doctrine, it would be better for you if you tied a mill stone around your neck and threw yourself into the sea(Luk 17:2).

Peace ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-15-2010 at 05:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity