Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that "true Christians" ever sin?
Yes ... 60 92.31%
NO! 5 7.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 01:55 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I would love to hear SG's explanation of why we need Christ...
We need Christ to pardon us from our past sins, to deliver us from continuing in sin and to restore our health; these are all done through faith in His blood. What's more, we need His grace, which is sufficient, to help us when temptation comes -- and it will come.

Hebrews 12
[2] Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 02:00 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I do not teach living by the law, but by grace. When temptations come knocking, Jesus' grace is sufficient for thee.

Romans 6
[1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
[2] God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

There it is; the Truth declares that we shall not continue in sin. False teachers, however, declare that everybody sins because that's what they do, sin; it's an excuse to bypass the Word to conform to their flesh. Instead of learning how to resist sin when temptation comes knocking, they justify them. Well, they can have their false doctrine, and I'll stick to the Word of God that declares that those who belong to Jesus have ceased from sin; we are dead to sin.

1 Peter 4
[1] Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
[2] That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
So, what is he talking about in Galatians then?...

Old 10-02-2010, 02:08 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
We need Christ to pardon us from our past sins, to deliver us from continuing in sin and to restore our health; these are all done through faith in His blood. What's more, we need His grace, which is sufficient, to help us when temptation comes -- and it will come.

Hebrews 12
[2] Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Again, taking verses out of context...My past sins can be forgiven is i offer up a sin offering to God...

Old 10-02-2010, 02:53 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
I do not teach living by the law, but by grace. When temptations come knocking, Jesus' grace is sufficient for thee.

Romans 6

There it is; the Truth declares that we shall not continue in sin. False teachers, however, declare that everybody sins because that's what they do, sin; it's an excuse to bypass the Word to conform to their flesh. Instead of learning how to resist sin when temptation comes knocking, they justify them. Well, they can have their false doctrine, and I'll stick to the Word of God that declares that those who belong to Jesus have ceased from sin; we are dead to sin.

1 Peter 4
[1] Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
[2] That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
Nice how you skipped over the proof that spirit filled Christians sin. You can ignore it all you want but there it is ... Peter sinned after Pentecost. Its not going to disapear simply because you refuse to accept the truth of it ...

Peace ...

Old 10-02-2010, 02:53 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,583,826 times
Quote:
God knows of our fallen nature, and that's why Jesus said, Ye must be born again. We were not born in God's image, but it's available through Faith in Jesus.
Regeneration enables us to believe the gospel but we are still stuck in this body of death as Paul puts it. Like I have already said , Anyone who does not understand the doctorine of sin as taught all through the bible is woefully ignorant of Man's position in relation to a Holy God. They also do not understand the biblical truth that the Law was a curse. A curse because of Man's inability to meet the demands of it and so therefore showing us how great of sinners we actually are.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:

Romans 6

1 Peter 4

1Ti 1:15
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst.

Paul himself not only admitted that he was a sinner in the present tense, he admitted he was the worst sinner of all ...

Old 10-02-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
1Ti 1:15
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst.

Paul himself not only admitted that he was a sinner in the present tense, he admitted he was the worst sinner of all ...
False teaching void of the Holy Spirit. Paul was referring to his old man, but interpretations without the Holy Spirit say otherwise; it's the theories of men. As hard as these men try, they can't do away with the Word of God.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Nice how you skipped over the proof that spirit filled Christians sin. You can ignore it all you want but there it is ... Peter sinned after Pentecost. Its not going to disapear simply because you refuse to accept the truth of it ...
More theories of men who are still bound by sin. Since these men remain bound, they teach that everybody else is too. At the funerals of their flock, they are speaking swelling words of how they are in a better place; yet, they are letting out the screams of the lost in hell.

Acts 20
[26] Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.
[27] For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
[28] Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
[29] For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
[30] Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
[31] Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
False teaching void of the Holy Spirit. Paul was referring to his old man, but interpretations without the Holy Spirit say otherwise; it's the theories of men. As hard as these men try, they can't do away with the Word of God.
He said "Of whom i AM the worst", not "of whom I WAS the worst".

The word here translated as "am" is "eimi" in the Greek ...

Quote:
"The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb" from ... http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/...gs=G1510&t=KJV

Some people pretend to be Good Christians, but they are really just bad hypocrites ...

Old 10-02-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Galatians 2:11-21
When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong. Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray. When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?
"We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.
"If, while we seek to be justified in Christ, it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! If I rebuild what I destroyed, I prove that I am a lawbreaker. For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

Plain as day and Scgraham calls the scriptures above "the theories of men".

he(Peter) began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray. When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel,

Scgraham is simply in denial of reality ... He does not believe that the scriptures from the bible which i above quoted are true, and that is in large part why he is apostate and has fallen from grace in Christ.

Peace ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity