Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that "true Christians" ever sin?
Yes ... 60 92.31%
NO! 5 7.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:05 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Yes, everybody in this entire world has sinned. Nobody is perfect.
As to the bolded, yes everybody has sinned; it's supposed to stay that way, past tense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Faith is Trusting that what Christ said He would do, He will indeed do regarding the believers....Faith=Belief...Whatever Christ told me, i believe...Faith is that that when Christ says that He has been sacrificed as a propitiation for your sins, you believe it as fact...Faith is when Paul says that you are saved by faith not works, you believe it a fact and do not try to earn your salvation with works so you can boast about it...Faith is without doubt...
Faith is also trusting in the Word of God that teaches that those who continue to sin are of the devil.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:11 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
As to the bolded, yes everybody has sinned; it's supposed to stay that way, past tense.
If God in Christ has forgiven you only your past sins, and if you never sin anymore, then why are you still dying, why haven't you transcended?

The wages of sin is death, and the soul that sins dies, and it is appointed unto every person to die once. Why? ... Because we all live in the sinful flesh and the flesh must first die(or be miraculously changed) before we can become incorruptible and immortal.

The best proof that all people continue to sin until they die is the very fact that they die ...

Peace ...

Old 09-28-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
1 John 3:6 - "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him."

1 John 3:9 - "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

1 John 5:18 - "And we know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not."
It is written. And, through faith, the believer acts accordingly. Dead faith, however, will ignore these scriptures while claiming to have faith in Jesus. How ridiculous. Their father is the devil and the lusts of their father they will do.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:15 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Everyone sins. Doesn't matter if they are a Christian or not. They're still human, still fallible, and will continue to sin.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,034 times
Do True Christians ever sin? YES! We are imperfect humans. Jesus Christ we are not. But if we repent (and mean it) pray for forgiveness and try not to repeat the sin then we will recieve forgiveness.
As a reminder, we are not to judge our brothers and sisters.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Everyone sins. Doesn't matter if they are a Christian or not. They're still human, still fallible, and will continue to sin.
If you're still committing sin, then how are you walking as He (Jesus) walked? Did He walk in sin?

1 John 2
[3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
[4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
[5] But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
[6] He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:34 AM

604 posts, read 751,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So i am curious ... I noticed a recent upsurge in Christian legalists on the forum. So i want to make a survey of who is who.

Do you believe that "true Christians" ever sin?

Yes or no ... ?

Elementary! I've been told this since I was in sunday school since I was a kid, everyone lies-I lie, you lie, you lie if you say you don't lie...

Old 09-28-2010, 10:36 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
If you're still committing sin, then how are you walking as He (Jesus) walked? Did He walk in sin?

1 John 2
[3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
[4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
[5] But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
[6] He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
I don't have to. Isn't it a pretty high standard to hold yourself to? It is expected that we would not be able to do so--that's why it isn't necessary.

"Whomsoever" meaneth me...belief is all that is necessary. We are not saved according to our works, but the simple grace of God. It makes logical sense for me to believe, as it is the only path that leads to reward. If there is no God, nothing at all happens, but if I believe in Jesus, and it is right to do so, I get rewarded. If there is a God, and I fail to believe in Jesus, I am condemned.

Last edited by TKramar; 09-28-2010 at 10:49 AM..

Old 09-28-2010, 10:44 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
I sin

I feel remorse when I do, and thank God for his grace and mercy and unconditional love I am forgiven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity