Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that "true Christians" ever sin?
Yes ... 60 92.31%
NO! 5 7.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 07:30 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
So you have obeyed all of the 613 laws of God? Wow! very cool, good WORK!
They are called the Mitzvah...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoiceofgod View Post
It's impossible for sinners to love the lord with all their heart, mind and soul and love their neighbor as themselves. First, they need the love of God in them and this requires God to remove all their sins so they can receive the love of God. The love of God is knowledge, which is the truth.

The love sinners understand comes from the their sins and this is selfish love.
I do...

Old 09-26-2010, 07:52 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoiceofgod View Post
If you depend on the scriptures for your truth, you will never become a sinless saint and preach the gospel that I preach.
Whatever you say.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:10 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
A believer is only positionally righteous in this world...
The theories of men proclaim that the Saints of God still continue to sin; their belief-only doctrine lacks faith, so they are reasoning through the flesh.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:15 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,897 times
Quote:
Where does it say lieing is a sin...
I was brought up in the Catholic church and was taught that lying is a sin:

"Neither shall you bear false witness against your neighbor."
This commandment forbids misrepresenting the truth in relations with others. This also forbids lying. (See Catechism 2464–2513).

Old 09-26-2010, 12:01 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The theories of men proclaim that the Saints of God still continue to sin; their belief-only doctrine lacks faith, so they are reasoning through the flesh.
1Cr 3:1-4
Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men? For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

Here we see another example of Christians being carnally minded and sinning. Are these Christians not in Christ? According to Paul int he scriptures above they were in Christ, but they were only babes in Christ and so they continued to take one another to court, and to be jealous and envious and fight with one another.

Have you voted in the poll Scgraham, if not why not?

Old 09-27-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You still do not understand what faith is...

Old 09-27-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I was brought up in the Catholic church and was taught that lying is a sin:

"Neither shall you bear false witness against your neighbor."
This commandment forbids misrepresenting the truth in relations with others. This also forbids lying. (See Catechism 2464–2513).
Read it again...'Bear false witness against (not to) thy neighbor'...This is a lie against some or about someone, otherwise it would say 'Do not lie'...Just as people think it says 'thou shall not kill', when in fact it is commit murder...Otherwise, David would be in serious trouble and a lot of others...also, God would be commanding one to break His own Law...

Old 09-27-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
1Cr 3:1-4
Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men? For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

Here we see another example of Christians being carnally minded and sinning. Are these Christians not in Christ? According to Paul int he scriptures above they were in Christ, but they were only babes in Christ and so they continued to take one another to court, and to be jealous and envious and fight with one another.

Have you voted in the poll Scgraham, if not why not?
i'd also point out that Paul calls them Brothers...

Old 09-27-2010, 04:41 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,214,487 times
Quote:
You still do not understand what faith is...
Faith is a state of being as opposed to an action, correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity