Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that "true Christians" ever sin?
Yes ... 60 92.31%
NO! 5 7.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:49 AM

513 posts, read 541,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoiceofgod View Post
You better hope so because all Christians are sinners who are still under the law. Jesus didn't come to abolish the law, he came to fulfill the law. The penalty for sin is death and nothing more than that. Once you flesh is dead, you have paid the penalty in full and you will be freed forever. Never again will we live in a sinful flesh. We will all get new immortal bodies in paradise when it is ready for us.
If this is "true" - then Christ died on the cross for nothing.

We must have different bibles....
then again, a lot of posters here think they know more than God!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 10:56 AM

525 posts, read 348,594 times
Tkramer,

re: "If there is a God, and I fail to believe in Jesus, I am condemned."

But since a person can’t consciously CHOOSE to believe things, what is the person to do?

Old 09-28-2010, 10:57 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyMcGarley View Post
If this is "true" - then Christ died on the cross for nothing.

We must have different bibles....
then again, a lot of posters here think they know more than God!
Well, it is true that if Christianity is the house of God, then the house of God is divided against itself. And we all know what Jesus said about a house divided against itself.

In fact Christianity is the most divided religion on the planet, with over 32000 different denominations, all claiming to have tho whole truth and that all other denominations are in error ... That is why i no longer consider myself to be a Christian, though i use the term to communicate by basic belief in Christ to those who ask in passing.

If a Christian cast out a christian, then Christianity stands divided, and a house divided against itself shall not stand.

Its just a matter of time before the whole organized traditional religion of Christianity is wiped out for good.

Come out of her and touch not the unclean thing, unless you should take part in her judgments also ...

Peace ...

Old 09-28-2010, 10:59 AM

525 posts, read 348,594 times
Miss Blue,

re: "I sin."

So you’re not yet born of God? (1 John 3:9)

Old 09-28-2010, 11:01 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
Tkramer,

re: "If there is a God, and I fail to believe in Jesus, I am condemned."

But since a person can’t consciously CHOOSE to believe things, what is the person to do?
Why can't I? I can choose to believe that the world is flat. It either is, or it isn't, but I've made a conscious choice about it.

If there is no God, then it really doesn't matter if I believe or not But, assuming there is, my best case scenario is to believe. The only avenue on the decision tree that leads to reward and avoids punishment is to do so.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:02 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,253,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I have a question and I do not mean this to bait, I seriously want to know the answer.

To those who profess that if you willfully sin ever you will go to Hell, what do you tell your kids about Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy?
I am not sure what you intend, Sophiaalee, so I am going to take you seriously and answer you from my point of view only. As a believer, while I admit that I sin, I do not deliberately, with premedication, sin. If I told a child that there was a santa, easter bunny, or actual tooth fairy, that would be a lie: a sin. I did not teach my children those things when they were, and I will not participate in such teachings with other children. I think this is the way it is with most believers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Because not everyone is my friend to begin with. . . .
I think my question was lost on you, Iron. I was writing of the people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I believe i am cutting anyone short, the scritpures teach that God hardened the hearts and dulled the minds of israel and put a stumbling block in front of them in the observation of the law and in the understanding of the old covenant. The scriptures teach that God inspired the prophets by the spirit, but it does not teach that they were born again, as the holy spirit had not been sent to earth and could not be sent to earth to indwell believers until Christ died for the sin of the world. . . .
Wow. So you are saying that Moses, Abraham, Enoch, Daniel, and all of Israel were lost? Are you writing that the observance of the Torah is a stumbling block to them?

Old 09-28-2010, 11:03 AM

One says I'm of Dr. Walter A. Maier , another says I'm of Pope John Paul II, and still another says I'm of Lewis Brown ...

I'm of Christ ... The devil can have organized Christianity, i want nothing to do with it.

Peace ...

Old 09-28-2010, 11:04 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,331,418 times
Wow... Christianity is not a all or none proposition. The very plan of salvation is predicated upon the individual's need to be pardoned from sin. Once u join the plan (accept Jesus the Anointed One as your Lord and personal Saviour) it does not mean u never sin, rather u have the provision of Grace when u fall short. The Bible says let every man work out his own salvation... Therefore, salvation (though Jesus the Christ settled it on the cross) is a something we live and walk out daily not in perfection as far as never sinning but in dependence upon the Savior's atonement no matter what state we find ourselves in. We are always going to need the provision of "So Great a Salvation" no matter how mature we are in Christianity.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
I think my question was lost on you, Iron. I was writing of the people here.
Friendship is a mutual thing. Verna believes that I and most other Christians and all unbelievers are doomed to everlasting torment because of the way that we believe, and she hates and loathes us just as she believes God hates and loathes us because we are sinners, even though she will not admit that she hates and loathes us though she claims that God does.

So no, we are obviously not friends.

Quote:
Wow. So you are saying that Moses, Abraham, Enoch, Daniel, and all of Israel were lost? Are you writing that the observance of the Torah is a stumbling block to them?
Did God not forbid Moses to enter the promised land? I am referring to the words of the apostle Paul ...

2Cr 3:14
But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.

Rom 3:20
Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

Rom 3:28
For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law.

Gal 2:16
know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

Gal 3:11
Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith".

Gal 3:24-25
So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

Gal 5:4
You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

Act 13:39
Through him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses.

Peace ...

Old 09-28-2010, 11:20 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,253,467 times
Okay, Iron. I will just write that I am amazed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity