Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that "true Christians" ever sin?
Yes ... 60 92.31%
NO! 5 7.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 04:08 PM

42 posts, read 44,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
So you have obeyed all of the 613 laws of God? Wow! very cool, good WORK!

I'm not a religious person like the Jews or Christians. I obeyed the spoken Word of God, who is the law, the love and the truth. It took him 29 years to get me sinless and on June 14, 2008, he successfully changed my last genetic traits to stop the power of sin. Then I started getting new thoughts and this is the knowledge of God, which is the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I agree, I wish the perfection crowd did also.

It's impossible for sinners to love the lord with all their heart, mind and soul and love their neighbor as themselves. First, they need the love of God in them and this requires God to remove all their sins so they can receive the love of God. The love of God is knowledge, which is the truth.

The love sinners understand comes from the their sins and this is selfish love.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:26 PM

823 posts, read 1,402,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoiceofgod View Post
It's impossible for sinners to love the lord with all their heart, mind and soul and love their neighbor as themselves. First, they need the love of God in them and this requires God to remove all their sins so they can receive the love of God. The love of God is knowledge, which is the truth.

The love sinners understand comes from the their sins and this is selfish love.
I do believe what you are saying here. I too believe that it is God's Love that truly transforms our souls. I have been receiving his love for many years but there are parts of my nature that I am still struggling with.

For one, I live in a nice home, I have a cabin at the lake which to me feels like I am in heaven when I am there. I wonder though if I give enough to the poor to have such nice things in my life? Maybe I am greedy ? This is a part of me that I struggle with. Maybe I shouldn't have such a nice roof over my head and to top it off a cabin on a lake...maybe I should have given more $$$ to the poor and needy..... i still feel I am not quite there yet. I work very, very hard for what I have but perhaps too materialistic to truly be a divine child of God. I don't know but I still have a ways to go. I am praying on this.

If you are at the Kingdom good on you.....and do you live a very unmaterialistic life VoiceofGod ?

Old 09-25-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I am curious...do you think that it is sinful for me to have a cabin on the lake?

Also, I am curious about your humble existence......please explain.

We were on topic as far as God is concerned. He's the only one we have to please during our life because sinners demand that we please them. That's called selfish love that has nothing to do with God.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:16 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,226,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoiceofgod View Post
If you depend on the scriptures for your truth, you will never become a sinless saint and preach the gospel that I preach.
Oh, wow.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:30 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Oh, wow.
I missed that!

Old 09-26-2010, 12:32 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,887,255 times
To answer the OP: yes, I believe true Christians still sin, because we still have our carnal mind which loves sin, to deal with. (the old nature...the "old man" of the flesh)
Our spirit (the inner man) becomes a new creation in Christ upon being born again, but the mind (soul) is a totally different matter: it may take an entire life time to accomplish the renewal of the mind.
If somebody has an "insider secret" to never, never, ever, sinning, ever again, then please do the rest of us a favor: explain how you did it!

Bud

Old 09-26-2010, 01:10 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Anyone who is subject to mortality is subject to the sin nature. It's that simple.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:06 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I believe that we all sin and that no one is perfect and will not be perfect until they are at one with The Father. I don't believe any mortal will be completely at one with the Father in this age.

So I believe that if you answer No that you do not sin that you are lying and that is a sin
Where does it say lieing is a sin...

Old 09-26-2010, 06:08 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
You can't be both a Christian and a sinner! A true Christian is not aware when he sins. If he is aware... that he didn't understand a thing from the Bible and the teachings of Jesus and he is not true Christians! But he can become one!
A believer is only positionally righteous in this world...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity