Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 03:27 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I have a feeling that those who mentioned kleptomania are "spot on"...she does seem to fit that pattern: that she has that mental disorder...she doesn't seem to be able to control the problem...she doesn't seem to be able to stop herself from stealing. (anything: could be a "nickel" item, or something worth thousands...doesn't seem to matter) (having that disorder doesn't excuse the stealing) My wife watched her take a bicycle that was leaning against a building, and when my wife confronted her about it, that the bike most likely belonged to someone, the woman said "but...there was nobody standing there next to it...". (The woman's husband made her take it back)
Also, it seems like every single time she is caught she has some kind of "justification" to excuse her stealing...that it's "ok" for her to be doing what she is doing, because "______" (fill in the blank) Like once a friend caught her stealing something, and she said "oh, but I thought you gave me this..." (yeah...right...)
Could she really be a Christian, and still have this disorder? Well...yeah...I think it's possible. Christians get sick just like any other person...

Bud
Let's just hope that her stealing doesn't lead to someone shooting at her...!

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 01:25 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Was it "dumb" to put the rings in the bathroom, where this person could find them? Well....yeah!
June says "no" it was NOT dumb of your wife to take off her rings, and place them in a drawer in her own bathroom. Many people remove rings while washing their hands, but the point here is this: It would be one thing had you initially been unable to find the rings where they were left, due to forgetfulness. Hey, it happens. We have all been known to misplace objects, only later to find them. June couldn't find her car keys last weekend, and damn near freaked out!

That, however, is dramatically different than having someone "snoop" (as in open drawers in a person's home/bathroom) and taking it's contents. You and your wife had the expectation of safety, well being, and privacy in your own home. The rings were placed somewhere for "safe keeping." To have someone else find those rings by opening a drawer and thus taking them is an invasion of one's privacy which they would naturally take for granted in their own home.

June's thinking is along the lines of the example of her having lost her car key last weekend (and bear in mind, she doesn't have a spare!) That was the true definition of "dumb." June also doubts that you are that much older than she, so June is not seeing a whole lot of "old age dementia" as regards the ring issue. The real issue, as June sees it, is that while objects can and do get misplaced, we all more or less count on the fact that we'll eventually find them where we lasta left them, and hopefully, do!

That was not the case in your situation, and that is the point in all this. It would be one thing to forget where one left an object; another altogether to have the object(s) taken from you. Two different issues, for which you should not blame yourself.

Take gentle care.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:20 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Total klepto.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:07 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,922 times
aww.. the rings are pretty.praying you get them back;the sentimental value of them is obviously there.
also,the woman should be held accountable,even though she does seem to have a mental issue going on.the judge in the wiona ryder case sentenced her just the same.there has to be some repercussions before the person will even consider changing their ways,via working thru the issue with (usually mandated)counseling.holding someone accountable is not a bad thing!

eta:
I'm not sure,but I *think in some states ,(if the proof is there for the offense ),that you can say you don't want the person arrested,but you want them to have a mental evaluation.not sure about that though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity