Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 04:45 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I was really into Bakunin and Kropotkin...the fathers of anarchism when I was younger.
I found a link to "God and the State" by Bakunin. It's certainly interesting material to look over.
It seems that most anarchists are anti-God and are supportive of violent revolutions, etc.
But Christian Anarchists believe that it is Christ/Love in them which should be the guiding factor of humanity, and as such, no violence is acceptable. Love in men's hearts, guiding them without a state to control and manipulate and deceive them. The Kingdom of God.

Blessings!
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 04:48 AM

And an interesting writing about how anarchy and Christianity are related:
http://www.pdftop.com/view/aHR0cDovL...JjaGlzbS5wZGY=

Curious to hear your thoughts!
Blessings,
brian

Old 10-05-2010, 12:40 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,155,869 times
I think it is interesting how SOOO many Christians are so silent on this important subject.

I mean think about it. A slave, whether by chains or economies, is still a slave no matter what. Christ came to set HIS people free. Mission accomplished. It is so sad there are not many out there who are willing to forsake the beastly systems ruled by the devil, in order to live a more fruitful and productive life ruled by Love for one another.

ALL of the ills of today's society can be traced back to the temptation of Christ on the mountain, and even farther back to Eden's fall. The desire to make one wise in the ways of good and evil. To rule over others is the desire. Stop thinking in governmental lines and think about it as far as promotions, or luxuries, or self gratification and pride. Authority at it's basic root.

Christian Anarchy is the only solution for a free people. Because even though anarchy in it's basic form is no rule at all, physically,,the Christian has Christ ruling over their thoughts, their actions, and their lives, based upon love, forgiveness, and charity. In which case, there is no government outside of Christ as King. Sovereign above all.

Most people have no idea why Christians were so persecuted in the first centuries after Christ ascended the throne above ALL. The answer is easy to see, for those looking. They submitted to NO ONE but Christ, and served Him faithfully, even to the death. Remarkable.

Now look around at todays version of Christianity. Is the semblance even there, or have we made Christ an idol instead of our Sovereign King?

Thoughts?

Old 05-31-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I think it is interesting how SOOO many Christians are so silent on this important subject.

I mean think about it. A slave, whether by chains or economies, is still a slave no matter what. Christ came to set HIS people free. Mission accomplished. It is so sad there are not many out there who are willing to forsake the beastly systems ruled by the devil, in order to live a more fruitful and productive life ruled by Love for one another.

ALL of the ills of today's society can be traced back to the temptation of Christ on the mountain, and even farther back to Eden's fall. The desire to make one wise in the ways of good and evil. To rule over others is the desire. Stop thinking in governmental lines and think about it as far as promotions, or luxuries, or self gratification and pride. Authority at it's basic root.

Christian Anarchy is the only solution for a free people. Because even though anarchy in it's basic form is no rule at all, physically,,the Christian has Christ ruling over their thoughts, their actions, and their lives, based upon love, forgiveness, and charity. In which case, there is no government outside of Christ as King. Sovereign above all.

Most people have no idea why Christians were so persecuted in the first centuries after Christ ascended the throne above ALL. The answer is easy to see, for those looking. They submitted to NO ONE but Christ, and served Him faithfully, even to the death. Remarkable.

Now look around at todays version of Christianity. Is the semblance even there, or have we made Christ an idol instead of our Sovereign King?

Thoughts?
Agreed. And with elections coming up, and all the candidates striving to get into power, I thought it good to remember that Jesus rejected being made King by the people. He also rejected the kingdoms of the world that satan offered Him.

So we see that kingdoms and political power are of the devil, not of God.

Of course, God puts kingdoms into place. But Christians are not supposed to be involved or support them in any way. Our King is Christ.

And if you have Christ reigning within you... then you have peace within, and peace with your fellow man.

Blessings,
brian

PS: I found this thought-provoking drawing: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ted_poster.jpg

Do Christians realize the message of the One they say they are following??

Old 05-31-2012, 06:28 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
Being a Christian and an anarchist are two opposites. God is a God of order, not disorder. He expects us to respect the established government, pay our taxes etc, as long as they do not command us to sin. God has his laws. He expects us to live by them, and to live in love toward our neighbor, and reject hatred and evil.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Being a Christian and an anarchist are two opposites. God is a God of order, not disorder. He expects us to respect the established government, pay our taxes etc, as long as they do not command us to sin. God has his laws. He expects us to live by them, and to live in love toward our neighbor, and reject hatred and evil.
Anarchy is not disorder. That's just the propaganda you've been fed.

Christians do not rely on government to tell them how to live, precisely because they have the Lord of all within their heart. As peaceful citizens of heaven, we pay taxes and abide by the laws of the land. But we are called to follow Jesus, not the democrats, republicans, or any other group. "Come out of her, and be ye separate."

God puts all governments in place, including Adolf Hitler's regime. But as Christians, our loyalty is to God, not man.
We are pilgrims here on Earth, citizens of heaven, wherever we may live. A Christian has the Prince of Peace as his King, and no other. And that Prince lives within him. He does not vote or get involved in politics. The devil tempted Jesus to get into politics, but Jesus refused to have anything to do with it, because He knew where the Real Kingdom was: within.

World governments hold power over the masses. But this is not what Jesus called us into as Believers. His Kingdom, where we are now citizens, is based on humility and Love, not control and violence.

Blessings,
brian

Old 05-31-2012, 09:53 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Paul said to obey those whom God has set over us. He was speaking of the rulers. The rulers of his day were most corrupt. Yet Paul said God placed those men in their leadership positions. And Paul said if you fight them you are fighting God. So, no, I am not an anarchist. There is no precedent for that in the New Testament.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Paul said to obey those whom God has set over us. He was speaking of the rulers. The rulers of his day were most corrupt. Yet Paul said God placed those men in their leadership positions. And Paul said if you fight them you are fighting God. So, no, I am not an anarchist. There is no precedent for that in the New Testament.
Who said anything about fighting? That's not what anarchy is.

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-01-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Some examples of Christian anarchists:
Jehovah's Witnesses
Mennonites
Quakers
Amish
some fundamentalist groups.

If Christ is King in your life, that's what He is. The title "King" isn't used lightly. "Giving your life to Christ" means exactly that. You are property of Jesus, and you are citizens of heaven. That means that being "American" (or citizen of any other country) is secondary to being Christian.
So if Jesus tells us to not take oaths, and the government you live under tells you to take an oath, what do you do?

Here is Christian anarchy, pure and simple:
Quote:
Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned. And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them, Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us. Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
Acts 5

Were they "fighting?"
Were they "democrats" or "republicans?" I think not. Did they participate in politics? No. Did Jesus rely on the state to protect Him? No. He relied on His Heavenly Father.

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-01-2012, 03:32 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi everyone,
well, I have said before that I believe that the Kingdom of God is truly within our hearts.
And Leo Tolstoy was one of the first writers I got into when I was drawn to Christ.

I'm wondering if anyone else here considers themselves a Christian Anarchist?

Christian anarchism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd love to hear all your thoughts!

Blessings,
brian

I guess I'll go read that page. However, the very terms "Christian" and "anarchism" fight against each other so far as I can see, so I am hesitant to even spend the time reading it, BUT! curiosity demands that I do, and see if there are any common sense surprises on that page, per the two terms being used together.

We're all slaves, either to good or to evil. That's what I get out of the bible, also. As christians we should be in such dedicated obedience to the laws of the kingdom that are written in our hearts that we don't NEED outter laws. Anarchism?

I can't yet connect that word to a true christian. Okay, now I'm curious. If that page is not too time-consuming of a laborious read, I'll check it out.

*BACK* easy read, NOPE.....the Christian Anarchists are lost, confused, and in darkness.

Bible that teaches us about Christ and christianity tells us that God is of course, also a God of WAR. I can bring the scriptures if needed, soon.

Bible also tells us that there is no authority that isn't "allowed" by God, but thankfully it also says "for everything there is a season." So...there is a season for even an evil, tyrranical leader, and there is a season for war. In fact, God helps some folks win wars. Ezekiel 38 and 39 are clear that God is going to help Israel kick butt in that coming war, for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity