Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 03:43 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
I guess I'll go read that page. However, the very terms "Christian" and "anarchism" fight against each other so far as I can see, so I am hesitant to even spend the time reading it, BUT! curiosity demands that I do, and see if there are any common sense surprises on that page, per the two terms being used together.

We're all slaves, either to good or to evil. That's what I get out of the bible, also. As christians we should be in such dedicated obedience to the laws of the kingdom that are written in our hearts that we don't NEED outter laws. Anarchism?

I can't yet connect that word to a true christian. Okay, now I'm curious. If that page is not too time-consuming of a laborious read, I'll check it out.

*BACK* easy read, NOPE.....the Christian Anarchists are lost, confused, and in darkness.

Bible that teaches us about Christ and christianity tells us that God is of course, also a God of WAR. I can bring the scriptures if needed, soon.

Bible also tells us that there is no authority that isn't "allowed" by God, but thankfully it also says "for everything there is a season." So...there is a season for even an evil, tyrranical leader, and there is a season for war. In fact, God helps some folks win wars. Ezekiel 38 and 39 are clear that God is going to help Israel kick butt in that coming war, for example.
Even though I completely disagree with your conclusions, I'm glad you took the time to read!

Blessings Sunnysee,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 10:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Anarchy is the absence of any guiding force or principle.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:33 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Even though I completely disagree with your conclusions, I'm glad you took the time to read!

Blessings Sunnysee,
brian

You are sheer pleasure to disagree or agree with. You're the type of soul I can share with, and appreciate every response from you, too.

Thank you very much,
Sunny~

Old 06-01-2012, 10:37 PM

8,181 posts, read 6,931,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway

Blessings Sunnysee,
brian

Quote:
You are sheer pleasure to disagree or agree with. You're the type of soul I can share with, and appreciate every response from you, too.

Thank you very much,
Sunny~

well, that was refreshing.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Anarchy is the absence of any guiding force or principle.
The word "anarchy" has been misunderstood by most people as either "chaos" or "free violence." But both are wrong. The "an" in anarchy means "without." The "archy" loosing translated means leader.

The Israelites originally had no leader. That's how God wanted them to live.
But then they rebelled, and wanted a king. So God gave them Saul. But that was not God's will for them.

Each country has a leader. The US has many leaders (the corporations that tell Obama what to do).
But the call of Christ is to follow HIM, not a political leader. And Christianity is based on following God/Christ as your leader.

So a Christian should not be involved in politics, because he/she already has a leader: Christ!

Do we trust Him to lead us??

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-02-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:

Thank you very much,
Sunny~
It's good to see that disagreement can indeed exist on this forum without people getting upset. Disagreement, after all, has always been part of the human experience. We might as well accept it!

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-02-2012, 02:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Do we trust Him to lead us?
It is apparent that you follow the guiding principle that rests in all men.
Therefore, you are not in need that man teach you by lording, over you.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:40 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
Quote:
It's good to see that disagreement can indeed exist on this forum without people getting upset. Disagreement, after all, has always been part of the human experience. We might as well accept it!

Blessings,
brian

I've had my ego put in its place many times, even online. In fact, one of the signs that show me that my sorry self is making progress and sloowwwlly moving towards *(though a million miles FROM, still) perfection as we are commanded, is that I can be heartily disagreed with, challenged, etc...and my ego is very faint in this regard.

It's a blast to discuss and not take the other person personally. In fact, it can really be a blast to encounter egotists, snotty folks and have them try to provoke my ego, and fail. It steals their thunder, so to speak.

It's our messages that should do battle, and without ego. Not battling the messengers.

You bet we can. I think we all just need gentle reminders of this at forums, sometimes. In fact, many years ago I moderated a forum that for awhile actually posted it at the top of the front page. Dang, can I remember it verbatim? It had been a very combative place. Hmm....

"Attack the message, not the messenger." I think that was it.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:11 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,906 times
Christian Anarchism sounds great but who can actually live it in todays society. Just sit back and allow evil to prosper by inactivity I cannot see that. Christ turned the tables of the money changers and He even told His apostles to go into the world armed with a sword, not just the word as a sword but an actual sword for protection. See today not enough people are willing to fight for the word of God and give into to evil to dictate what is lawful and what is not while the word is trampled rather than the serpants head.

We need to serve God by promoting His word and fighting the evil of this world. There are laws that should not even be consided if Christians had adhered to their mission instead of getting sidetracked by worldly gain.

Sorry for rambling but so much to say that falls on deaf ears. Politics is a way today for Christians to fight evil and we need all the support we can get considering we will be the enemy of this world once again.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:12 AM

Quote:
I've had my ego put in its place many times, even online. In fact, one of the signs that show me that my sorry self is making progress and sloowwwlly moving towards *(though a million miles FROM, still) perfection as we are commanded, is that I can be heartily disagreed with, challenged, etc...and my ego is very faint in this regard.

It's a blast to discuss and not take the other person personally. In fact, it can really be a blast to encounter egotists, snotty folks and have them try to provoke my ego, and fail. It steals their thunder, so to speak.

It's our messages that should do battle, and without ego. Not battling the messengers.

You bet we can. I think we all just need gentle reminders of this at forums, sometimes. In fact, many years ago I moderated a forum that for awhile actually posted it at the top of the front page. Dang, can I remember it verbatim? It had been a very combative place. Hmm....

"Attack the message, not the messenger." I think that was it.
That's exactly it, I think. The message is what's important. Personality really should have nothing to do with it. If we're looking for truth, we can all grow in important ways. But if we get side-tracked on "look who said it," then we don't grow.

The forum should be about truth, not "I'm right, you're wrong." Whether people like me or not is not important. It's the message that is important.

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity