Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 06:16 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,980,170 times

Advertisements

Hi HalfNelson, thanks for your thoughts on this. I agree with much of what you wrote. One of the points I don't agree on those is your second sentence above.

Also, Matthew 25:31-46 is not dealing with the death of the nations for how they treated Christ's brethren. It is dealing with chastening of those specific nations such as maybe Russia or Africa or Syria for the age. It is age-during chastening for the bad nations.

The fire is not said to be eternal.
The fire is not said to be literal.

Just as Israel was put in an iron furnace in Egypt and put in a crucible, are we to suppose Egypt was a literal furnace and a literal crucible with literal fire in that furnace and fire on the crucible to cleanse Israel of impurities?

Today we talk about in the news that someone went through a baptism by fire such as a football coach. Or we say they went through a fiery trial. But no one would think a literal fire was involved, right?

Now, consequent to this judgment in 31-46 it is the nations turn to go through the fire of chastening.

Again, it is not eternal and no nationd dies and no nation has a soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
No. Immortality is based on belief in Christ.
The scriptures testify to this....dead or alive.
Otherwise....you just die, and wither away, like the rest of humanity that doesn't believe.

That's fine sciotamicks. I agree with that. But many Christians believe Matthew 25:31-46 is the final judgment and is about where one will spend eternity: Heaven or Hell. That is not my belief.

So it is to them I wrote that post.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:42 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
A life without God will feel like torture. If the Spirit Of God were removed on the earth today , it would be hell on earth.

If not for God and his Spirit that dwells on the earth , it would be unbelievably wicked and ugly.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:10 AM

The earth is plenty wicked as it is today. God doesn't have to withdraw His spirit for it to be so. Been to Iraq or Afghanistan lately? or Ohio State?

Old 10-07-2010, 02:12 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Do you really think that God is going to torture billions of people in fire not for a minute, not an hour, not a day, not a year but for e_t_e_r_n_i_t_y just because they didn't give a cup of water to one of Jesus' brethren per Matthew 25:31-46 King James per-Version?

The worst sin ever committed was the crucifying of Jesus and even then He forgave them! Was that not far worse than not giving water to a thirsty brother?

Did not Jesus tell His disciples to forgive 70 x 7 every day?
Why all of a sudden is God going to eternally torture billions in eternal fire just because they didn't give some water to one of Jesus' brethren?

If God realy is that demented to do such a horrible thing then He is not worthy of our worship but worthy of our loathing and contempt.

A proper translation and understanding puts God in a proper and good light.

This section is dealing with ***NATIONS*** and not individuals.
It is dealing with what those nations did to Christ's brethren during their tribulation.
Rather than being ***eternal*** it is "age-during chastening" for those nations. And rather than being in a literal fire, the fire is figurative in that it stands for trials and tribulations such as the Hebrews went through while in Egypt for 400+ years. Those Hebrews were said to be in a crucible and that the fire burned off the dross from them. But it was not real fire nor real crucible.

Now does this not put God is a much better light?

Can I get an Amen?
You get an Amen from me as well. Praise God.

Even though I don't understand why God allowed His reputation to be turned upside down, I know His plan is perfect.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:07 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
You get an Amen from me as well. Praise God.

Even though I don't understand why God allowed His reputation to be turned upside down, I know His plan is perfect.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:02 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,438,567 times
Quote:
That's fine sciotamicks. I agree with that. But many Christians believe Matthew 25:31-46 is the final judgment and is about where one will spend eternity: Heaven or Hell. That is not my belief.

So it is to them I wrote that post.
Well...finally we tend to agree on something. According to my views, Hell, has been destroyed. All that is left now, is those who believe (alive) those who do not (dead). Such as why John called it the Second Death.

Adam spirutally died, and was separated from God and the Tree of Life. Such that would happen to those who die physically in unbelief. They never had a spirit to begin with. They were never clothed to begin with.

Once the body of Christ moves away from literal, wooden interpretations of the scriptures, we will begin to realize that Matt 25:46 is covenantally related, and that it was strictly directed at the covenant people, in that is Israel of the flesh, and ever since the inaguration of the New Covenant, and the passing of the Old, Hades or Hell, is no longer needed.

You are either dead without Christ, and you simply disappear into the dust of the earth, since one's spirit is conditionally founded in Christ to inherit the inheritance He had promised those who believe on Him.

Peace to you.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:03 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,438,567 times
Quote:
or Ohio State?
I am a buckeye

Old 10-07-2010, 05:42 PM

Sciotamicks, you are a Buckeye? Then you are a worthless nut.

Actually I am a Buckeye fan having been born in Logan but raised in Lancaster, Ohio. Rex Kern, one of the greatest Buckeye quarterbacks came from Lancaster.

Go Buckeyes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity