Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 05:05 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I was really blessed to read this woman's (Rachel) testimony. Thank you so much for sharing. I pray that God will use her to show people the truth.
You are welcome. This can be applicable to most women who struggle with feeling unworthy, conditional forgiveness, shame, guilt and seeing Jesus as an example to follow ... it's a must, must read.

This doesn't need to be limited to just Mormon women \ wifes. There are so many women that struggle with many guilts like having an affair which lead to a diviorce, having an abortion, growing up in a house hold with conditional forgiveness by parents \ friends \ sibilings, feeling shameful of youthful passions outside of Mormonism.

I pray that God uses not just her, but others like yourself to lead people too.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:22 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
This can be applicable to most women who struggle with feeling unworthy, conditional forgiveness, shame, guilt and seeing Jesus as an example to follow ... it's a must, must read.

This doesn't need to be limited to just Mormon women \ wifes. There are so many women that struggle with many guilts like having an affair which lead to a diviorce, having an abortion, growing up in a house hold with conditional forgiveness by parents \ friends \ sibilings, feeling shameful of youthful passions outside of Mormonism.
So men are exempt from guilt and feelings of unworthiness, huh? LOL! That figures.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So men are exempt from guilt and feelings of unworthiness, huh? LOL! That figures.
I believe that was what that man's testimony in post #1 was about.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:41 PM
juj juj started this thread

1,657 posts, read 2,632,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
All I'm saying is that you can find any testimony that you are looking for. It took me all of two seconds to find the one about the Catholics converting to Mormonism. You can go on the Atheist/Agnostic forum and find all the converts from Christianity. I know someone that was raised Catholic that is now becoming a Jew. I know2 people that were raised agnostic that became born again Christian. I know many, many people that were raised Christian that are now nonreligious. And I also know some agnostics that became Mormon.
I know lots of Mormons. They are some of the best people I know. To me - the things that they believe in are no more out there than what any other religions believes.
I just don't understand all this effort and energy in bashing other religions and denominations. If you don't like Mormonism - don't become a Mormon. If you want to learn about what they believe - the learn. If you don't like what you learn - then again, don't become a Mormon.
The only thing that the insults and the bashing accomplish is to make the insulters/bashers look bad. If you don't like something - don't partake in it.
My audio links gives information on Mormonism that is not consistent with some of the information provided by Katzpur. I have read on several links that revisionism is something that is quite common in Mormonism. So the Mormonism that Katzpur knows may not be the Mormonism that other people have known. It's not about bashing, but getting different perpectives on the table to be viewed out in the open. A faithful Mormon will never say anything negative about their religion, so it is wise to review the opinions of an ex-Mormon. When I buy a TV, I read the 5 star reviews and the 1 star reviews. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
My audio links gives information on Mormonism that is not consistent with some of the information provided by Katzpur. I have read on several links that revisionism is something that is quite common in Mormonism.
So what exactly is revisionism? I am not familiar with the word.

Quote:
So the Mormonism that Katzpur knows may not be the Mormonism that other people have known.
That's possible, but the 14 million members of my Church believe in the same Mormonism I do. On the other hand, I have Catholic friends who don't even know that the Immaculate Conception refers to Mary's conception, and not Jesus' Virgin Birth. I even went to mass once with one of these friends.

Quote:
A faithful Mormon will never say anything negative about their religion, so it is wise to review the opinions of an ex-Mormon.
That's not the truth. In my current thread, I was quite clear in saying that I abhored some of the racist comments some of Mormonism's early leaders made. I have also been quite outspoken on gay rights, even when my Church vehemently opposes them.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
My audio links gives information on Mormonism that is not consistent with some of the information provided by Katzpur. I have read on several links that revisionism is something that is quite common in Mormonism. So the Mormonism that Katzpur knows may not be the Mormonism that other people have known. It's not about bashing, but getting different perpectives on the table to be viewed out in the open. A faithful Mormon will never say anything negative about their religion, so it is wise to review the opinions of an ex-Mormon. When I buy a TV, I read the 5 star reviews and the 1 star reviews. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
I rarely hear anyreligious person say anything negative about their religion. Can you tell me the negative things about Catholicism? Would you want people interested in Catholicism to go to one of the many ex-Catholics for information? And I have hear Katzpur say a couple negative things about Mormons and Mormonism. But to be honest with you - why would someone belong to a religion that they only had negative things to say about.
It truthfully seems that you carry some sort of grudge against Mormonism. If this is not the case, that is the way it is coming off.

Seriously, I don't understand all this effort going into bashing and diminishing anyone else. Perhaps you all need to look inside of yourselves and figure out what is causing all this anger and hatred. It can't be healthy.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I rarely hear anyreligious person say anything negative about their religion. Can you tell me the negative things about Catholicism? Would you want people interested in Catholicism to go to one of the many ex-Catholics for information? And I have hear Katzpur say a couple negative things about Mormons and Mormonism. But to be honest with you - why would someone belong to a religion that they only had negative things to say about.
It truthfully seems that you carry some sort of grudge against Mormonism. If this is not the case, that is the way it is coming off.

Seriously, I don't understand all this effort going into bashing and diminishing anyone else. Perhaps you all need to look inside of yourselves and figure out what is causing all this anger and hatred. It can't be healthy.
Read Romans 12:9

My sincere love for Katzpur, June, all Mormons, athiests, those unbelievers who place their hope in UR and many others .... compels me to.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-08-2010 at 07:23 PM..

Old 10-08-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
No thank you ..... can't say anything about me being clueless, can you. I can say that Katzpur finally said The Truth about Mormonism .......Revealed at Last!

Good quote material my dear.
Thank you. Everything I have said is "the truth about Mormonism." It's about time someone told the truth.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:28 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,923 times
Quote:
You will not find a Baptist church, a non denominational Christian Church, a Methodist church, any of the Lutheran churches, a Roman Catholic church, Presbyterian, Pentecostal, Assembly of God, Seventh Day Adventist preach or believe what Katzpur posted in The Truth about Mormonism Revealed at Last! post #108

That is why this thread is needed.

Ask Alpha ... INLC ... Mike .... CantWait2Leave .... Loveladybugs .... does their church teach and they believe that?

Ask me....does the Lutheran Church ?

His Healing Now
Quote:
Baptists, a non denominational Christians, a Methodists, any Lutherans, a Roman Catholics, Presbyterians, Pentecostals, Assembly of Gods

Alpha ... INLC ... Mike .... CantWait2Leave .... Loveladybugs ....myself and if I can think of more I would.

Does this surprise you when God says this about love: Romans 12:9
Quote:
Read Romans 12:9

My sincere love for Katzpur, June, all Mormons, athiests, those unbelievers who place their hope in UR and many others .... compels me to.
Amen!

Old 10-08-2010, 07:32 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Good evening, everyone!

At least one-third to one half of the posts on this thread have had to be deleted. If you all wish to debate and discuss conversions from Mormonism, fine. If you wish to debate and discuss the reasons for doing so, fine. June has absolutely no problem with that.

However, this is not the place to bash, flame, or bait either another denomination, or individual members.

The very next post that does so will result in this thread being closed.

Respectfully,
~June
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity