Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 07:48 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times

Advertisements

I just never understood the Mormon concept of heaven, with three levels...like, there is a "ghetto heaven" if you are not Mormon. Only Mormons go to the top heaven...like, heaven has a gated neighborhood? And if you are not Mormon, forget about it. So, unless Ghandi decides to be Mormon up in the "waiting" room, along with Mother Theresa, they are not in heaven, because they are not Mormon...That is just too egocentric for me.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:06 PM

823 posts, read 1,402,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I just never understood the Mormon concept of heaven, with three levels...like, there is a "ghetto heaven" if you are not Mormon. Only Mormons go to the top heaven...like, heaven has a gated neighborhood? And if you are not Mormon, forget about it. So, unless Ghandi decides to be Mormon up in the "waiting" room, along with Mother Theresa, they are not in heaven, because they are not Mormon...That is just too egocentric for me.
I totally believe in different layers of heaven....if you truly think about it do you think that everyone on the Christianity Forum could all live in peace and harmony on one level of heaven

Different levels make a lot of sense to me and is what I truly believe. I believe that all souls who have become most at-one with The Father, no matter their religious background, will find their souls reside in the hightest of heavens. It is God's Love that dwells within us that isnpires us to be better people. Although I am not Mormon I do believe that we shall continue to learn and grow on the other side.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:08 PM
juj juj started this thread

1,657 posts, read 2,633,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I rarely hear anyreligious person say anything negative about their religion. Can you tell me the negative things about Catholicism? Would you want people interested in Catholicism to go to one of the many ex-Catholics for information? And I have hear Katzpur say a couple negative things about Mormons and Mormonism. But to be honest with you - why would someone belong to a religion that they only had negative things to say about.
It truthfully seems that you carry some sort of grudge against Mormonism. If this is not the case, that is the way it is coming off.

Seriously, I don't understand all this effort going into bashing and diminishing anyone else. Perhaps you all need to look inside of yourselves and figure out what is causing all this anger and hatred. It can't be healthy.
I like Katzpur and have a deep respect for her. We go back on this board a few years. She believes in what she believes and lays it out there and I respect her for that. Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 10-09-2010 at 10:46 AM..

Old 10-08-2010, 11:11 PM
juj juj started this thread

1,657 posts, read 2,633,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I totally believe in different layers of heaven....if you truly think about it do you think that everyone on the Christianity Forum could all live in peace and harmony on one level of heaven

Different levels make a lot of sense to me and is what I truly believe. I believe that all souls who have become most at-one with The Father, no matter their religious background, will find their souls reside in the hightest of heavens. It is God's Love that dwells within us that isnpires us to be better people. Although I am not Mormon I do believe that we shall continue to learn and grow on the other side.
Catholics believe in varying closeness to God. And least that is what seems to be implied. I don't actually know of any doctrine in regards to that. However, there still is only one God in heaven and that will always stay that way.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
I like Katzpur and have a deep respect for her. We go back on this board a few years. She believes in what she believes and lays it out there and I respect her for that.Moderator cut: Orphaned
I'm glad that you like and respect Katzpur. I do, too. It just doesn't appear that way to me. Thank you for clearing that up.
I guess I don't understand the point in starting a thread that seems to be sort of like - reasons to not be Mormon or reasons people convert from Mormonisn to other religions. To me, this does not seem respectful. But that's just little ole me.
Moderator cut: Orphaned reference

Last edited by june 7th; 10-09-2010 at 10:48 AM..

Old 10-09-2010, 10:57 AM

7,998 posts, read 12,279,193 times
As per the previous 'mod cut' it was specified:

"This is not the place to bash, flame, or bait either another denomination, or individual members.'

If you wish to bash or post rudely to or about other members, it results in the thread being shut down. Which this one now is.

THREAD CLOSED.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity