Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 12:59 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,155,869 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEwNoRleRzg

Old 10-12-2010, 01:13 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Why is this described as a "Mormon message" when it is quite clearly anything but?

Old 10-12-2010, 01:21 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,155,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Why is this described as a "Mormon message" when it is quite clearly anything but?

Ahh, I see. You don't but it is called a Mormon message. This is what we are supposed to show Mormons, since you do not believe him.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Ahh, I see. You don't but it is called a Mormon message. This is what we are supposed to show Mormons, since you do not believe him.
I see. It's not what we believe but what we're supposed to believe. Good luck with that approach. In my 62 years as a Mormon, I have never been to a single LDS worship service that I could describe as "Hellfire and Damnation." I can't imagine you're going to reach many Mormons with that kind of message.

P.S. I just watched the entire thing. I'm really just speechless. This is what you're taught? I honestly can't even begin to think in God in those terms. Seriously, if that's supposed to scare us, you need to understand that it would only reinforce our belief in a loving Father in Heaven who knows and loves each one of us so perfectly that He allowed His Only Begotten Son to suffer unimaginable agony for the sole purpose of redeeming us. Mormons just can't imagine that God would be filled with such hate for His own children.

You know, a lot of people on the forum won't even watch that video since most of them don't seem to be paying much attention to this thread. You really should post it on a more general thread. I would love to see what everybody else thinks of it.

Last edited by Katzpur; 10-12-2010 at 02:38 PM..

Old 10-12-2010, 03:54 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,125,643 times
Wow, that was disturbing. How would you like that guy to be your father. That was more like watching the Omen. Wordcraft at its finest.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Wow, that was disturbing. How would you like that guy to be your father. That was more like watching the Omen. Wordcraft at its finest.
Loved the special effects, too. And the voice and its echo. I just sat there are wondered how anyone would expect someone to be scared by this delightful little piece of work.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:34 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
The first one is much better. Which his purpose isn't to shock but to present his testimony of his back ground and how he found the peace that Jesus offers which is only found in the Bible and that is his goal...to present this answer to other Mormons who have the same haunting question he had. Once he came to understand that the ultimate God has revealed the ultimate truth to us in the Bible through Jesus, the messages that he heard over and over from Christians became clear .... not a threat as he used to teach it.

He speaks from a been there, just as Rachel does at the website www.hishealingnow.com

Old 10-12-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The first one is much better. Which his purpose isn't to shock but to present his testimony of his back ground and how he found the peace that Jesus offers which is only found in the Bible and that is his goal...to present this answer to other Mormons who have the same haunting question he had. Once he came to understand that the ultimate God has revealed the ultimate truth to us in the Bible through Jesus, the messages that he heard over and over from Christians became clear .... not a threat as he used to teach it.
I watched a little bit of it, but I seriously had a hard time getting past his slovenly appearance. Besides, I don't have "the same haunting question he had." And somehow I've managed to find the same peace he was able to find in the Bible.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:44 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
I see. It's not what we believe but what we're supposed to believe.
Yeah, Hot tried that nonsense on me. Didn't work, wasn't even a good try, it took absolutely no effort to see through.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:52 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
I watched a little bit of it, but I seriously had a hard time getting past his slovenly appearance. Besides, I don't have "the same haunting question he had." And somehow I've managed to find the same peace he was able to find in the Bible.
I know you don't. Their testimony would explain why the peace they found is the true peace God offers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity