Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 05:47 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
What about all the nice people from remote tribes who never heard of Christ? What happens to them?
Are you talking about the cannibals of the southern Amazon, or the peaceful honey gatherers of northern Amazon? Why are there good ones, and evil ones? The law is written in their hearts, and they are accountable to God too. Leave their judgment to God. You and I have heard of Jesus so we have no excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 05:58 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
The question is:

If I'm a good person my whole life, I love and care for my wife and family, I teach my children to respect others and to do the right thing and I help those less fortunate than myself. Why then does God need me to believe in him to be saved? It seems wrong that a loving God would send a good soul to hell just for their disbelief.

And please no quotes from the Bible as a way to answer my question.
That's just the easy way out.
Because you have the disease of sin. We are all born with it. God's chosen remedy is a blood sacrifice. Jesus was that sacrifice. If you place your faith in Christ's redemptive work on the cross, your sins are covered (forgiven). IOW, you are righteous before God. On your own, you are still sinful and unworthy to be in God's presence.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:25 PM

525 posts, read 347,869 times
I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA,

re: "God sends no one to eternal hell..."

Revelation 20:15 would seem to say otherwise.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:29 PM

Finn_Jarber,

re: "He made it crystal clear that he will save those who belive in Him, and those who do not belive will perish."

Since a person can’t consciously CHOOSE to believe things, what is the person to do?

Old 10-19-2010, 06:44 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA,

Quote:
Finn_Jarber,

re: "He made it crystal clear that he will save those who belive in Him, and those who do not belive will perish."

Since a person can’t consciously CHOOSE to believe things, what is the person to do?

God is the fire (Dan. 4:24; Heb. 12:29, Luke 12:49) and he will lose none that the father has given him.

John 6:39. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

Because:

Matthew 11:27 "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

1 Chronicles 29:11 Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.

Romans 11:36 For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.

Philippians 2:10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

John 17:2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life (that is, God, who is eternal) to all those you have given him.

Daniel 7:14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed

Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

John 18:9 This happened so that the words he had spoken would be fulfilled: "I have not lost one of those you gave me."

Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!"

Old 10-19-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Finn_Jarber,

You can choose. Are you referring to Romans 3 (no one can come to Christ)? You need to read the whole chapter to understand what Paul is saying. He is desribing the worthlessness of men without God, but in the end he says righteousness comes to all who believe: "But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus

Old 10-19-2010, 07:07 PM

Finn_Jarber,

re: "You can choose."

Are you saying that you can consciously CHOOSE to believe things?

re: Are you referring to Romans...?"

No.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:12 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA,

ILNC is referring to the fact that everyone is responsible for their own personal decision to receive Jesus Christ as Savior, or to reject Him and therefore remain under condemnation which means spending the eternal future in the lake of fire. People end up in hell because they choose to reject Christ as their Savior.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Finn_Jarber,

re: "You can choose."

Are you saying that you can consciously CHOOSE to believe things.
I mean it is for you to accept Christ as your saviour.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:30 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
ILNC is referring to the fact that everyone is responsible for their own personal decision to receive Jesus Christ as Savior, or to reject Him and therefore remain under condemnation which means spending the eternal future in the lake of fire. People end up in hell because they choose to reject Christ as their Savior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I mean it is for you to accept Christ as your saviour.
There is no scripture that teaches someone can choose to accept or reject Christ "as their Savior." That is a manmade doctrine. What the bible teaches is that Christ is the Savior of the World.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity