Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 10:19 AM

159 posts, read 175,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Okay, I see what you're saying. But many people are fence sitters and don't know what to believe. They can be swayed one way or the other. Agnostics for example say that they don't know if God exists or not.

Some people want the truth. Others do not. And others, well they just don't really care one way or the other. There are all kinds of people in this world.
But since God, allegedly, knew before time began who will chose what, there is no real reason for you to get involved one way or another. You won't be able to sway someone who would deny the truth, and you can't sway someone else who would not deny the truth.

You only have control over yourself. God will arrange for others. That's your theory when really examined.

I am not really attacking you personally, I am just bringing things to logical conclusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 10:20 AM

122 posts, read 191,506 times
Quote:
That is exactly right LoveLadybugs! I think also, that there is an unwillingness on the part of the universalist to have to take responsibility for making that most important of decisions. To make the decision to believe in Christ. The vast majority of these people deny that man has free will and so cannot choose. So they say that God will simply make everyone believe sooner or later. And they will point to Saul of Tarsus to bolster their argument. At least one person came up with the ridiculous idea that if a person doesn't believe in Christ, it is because God doesn't want him to be saved in this life, but wants to wait until after that person is dead before allowing him to believe.

These people are so desperate to bury the reality of eternal condemnation, and to deny that once you die, your opportunity to be saved is lost, that they deny that Luke 16:19-31 concerning Hades is true. They say, ''Well, it's just a parable.'' It is in fact, a rabbinic story with which Jesus illustrated the reality of Hades. They dismiss Hebrews 9:27 which states plainly that after physical death comes judgment.

Yes, Universalism invites complacency. With eternal consequences.
Yes, you are correct Mike !
God has so given you such endurance and granting you with the wisdom of His truth in the Holy Scriptures, along with His discernment to speak against this heresy, false teachers that oppose the known word of God.

Even if it's to deliver just one individual you have accomplished the will of God for that life !! Regardless of those who are and have opposed your post. God is greater then them, Amen....

God Bless.... you, Mike !!!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:23 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
Not more or less than your theory, properly understood. And no, I am, not universalist.
And just what are you?

Old 10-25-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
And just what are you?
Please call me deistic skeptics. I think that there is a God, but I am skeptical about most information we think we have about him/her. I don't believe in afterlife, but I don't deny the possibility.

I hope my position is more clear now

Last edited by python87; 10-25-2010 at 10:37 AM..

Old 10-25-2010, 10:39 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Okay, I see what you're saying. But many people are fence sitters and don't know what to believe. They can be swayed one way or the other. Agnostics for example say that they don't know if God exists or not.

Some people want the truth. Others do not. And others, well they just don't really care one way or the other. There are all kinds of people in this world.
Mike i take it you were in the some people that wanted the truth , this thought is totally alien to me , has i never knowingly wanted the truth i didn't even know what it was , yet what i did discover was God was drawing me to Himself, just like the deer pants for water so my soul longed after Him , the Holy Spirit was drawing me to the water of life,i have no doubt whatsoever this was the Lord accomplishing what He desires in bringing me to Himself,when i first believed i actually thought i had found Jesus , but when i looked back what was happening in my life prior to believing , i was in no doubt He was seeking me and infact the truth was He found me .

At this time i am writing this post i am just looking into God appearing to Abraham , God had a great plan for Him , in blessing him and making him a great nation and his name great too. Let me ask you a question, do you believe God was preparing the heart of Abraham before He told him to get of his country ? and do you believe that God accomplished his desire for Abraham ?.Do you actually believe He will accomplish is desire for yourself ?

Old 10-25-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
But since God, allegedly, knew before time began who will chose what, there is no real reason for you to get involved one way or another. You won't be able to sway someone who would deny the truth, and you can't sway someone else who would not deny the truth.

You only have control over yourself. God will arrange for others. That's your theory when really examined.

I am not really attacking you personally, I am just bringing things to logical conclusions.
God laughs at man's attempts to refute His revealed word with logic. And so do I. I again post 1 Cor 1:18.

1 Cor 1:18 'For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19] For it is written, ''I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE,'' 20] Where is the wise man? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21] For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through te foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22] For indeed Jews ask for signs, and Greeks search for wisdom; 23] but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block, and to Gentiles foolishness, 24] but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25] Because the foolishness of God is wiser then men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Why get involved? Because the believer in Jesus Christ is an ambassador for Christ and represents Him in this world.

2 Corinthians 5:20 'Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were entreating through us, we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

Every believer has a responsibility to witness to others when the opportunity arises to do so.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
Yes, you are correct Mike !
God has so given you such endurance and granting you with the wisdom of His truth in the Holy Scriptures, along with His discernment to speak against this heresy, false teachers that oppose the known word of God.

Even if it's to deliver just one individual you have accomplished the will of God for that life !! Regardless of those who are and have opposed your post. God is greater then them, Amen....

God Bless.... you, Mike !!!
Thank you LoveLadybugs! God bless you as well.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:51 AM

Let me try to put it this way in simple terms, Mike:

-You said people are responsible for going to Hell themselves. Okay, I support personal responsibility

-Therefore God is right to send people to hell, because it's entirely their damn fault

-You also claim that it is possible for one man to sway another. That demolishes justification for hell, because it's not solely your fault if others are involved.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
God laughs at man's attempts to refute His revealed word with logic. And so do I. I again post
If he is above logic, then he might be above telling truth to people, too. What if he is deceiving you? What if he uses Bible as a tool to deceive people?

How do you know he is not a perfect liar?

So God is bigger than anyone can possibly imagine but he revealed the truth to you? In some book? You are the one to be laughed at.

If I where Satan, I would have written the Bible, probably. Why not?

Last edited by python87; 10-25-2010 at 11:36 AM..

Old 10-25-2010, 10:59 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Let me try to put it this way in simple terms, Mike:

-You said people are responsible for going to Hell themselves. Okay, I support personal responsibility

-Therefore God is right to send people to hell, because it's entirely their damn fault

-You also claim that it is possible for one man to sway another. That demolishes justification for hell, because it's not solely your fault if others are involved.
This is an entirely fair point and deserves a proper answer , rather than dismissing it as logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity