Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 10:24 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,498,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
77 or so responses and not one person admitted lust. Someone is not coming clean here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Money and Lust
I did
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 09:35 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,951,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
There was only one perfect person born on this world, and He died for the rest of us. You're going to sin, I'm going to sin, simply accept it.
I reject this all-too-common doctrine. Jesus was the only One to have ever lived from the cradle to the grave without sin, but He calls believers to follow His steps once they are converted. I accept the Word of God which declares that he who commits sin is of the devil.

1 John 3
[7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
[8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
[10] In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:44 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,633,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I reject this all-too-common doctrine. Jesus was the only One to have ever lived from the cradle to the grave without sin, but He calls believers to follow His steps once they are converted. I accept the Word of God which declares that he who commits sin is of the devil.

1 John 3
[7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
[8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
[10] In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
So you're saying you never, ever sin scgraham??? Please, just answer the question honestly.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:45 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,114,897 times
Quote:

1 John 3
James 1:27: Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Just curious, scgraham, do you look after orphans and widows in their distress? If not, according to you, you are of the devil.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:46 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,334,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
So you're saying you never, ever sin scgraham??? Please, just answer the question honestly.
Of cause he does, but dismisses it has sin commited ignorantly, yet he knows many christians that are willfully sinning and somehow he can tell the difference between those who are willfully sinning and ignorantly sinning, (you just couldn't make it up)).

Last edited by pcamps; 11-07-2010 at 10:03 AM..

Old 11-07-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Yes, the flesh is weak. As very man, Jesus' flesh did not want to go Calvary, but His Spirit submitted to God in His hour of temptation. The born again are to do the same during their temptations.

1 Peter 2
[21] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
[22] Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
[23] Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
[24] Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
[25] For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Quote:
While we're all suffering from the effects of being in the flesh, we're going to commit sins. It is in our nature.
The born again have put off the old man, and take on a new nature in Christ Jesus. Of course, if a person has not been born of the Spirit, then he/she can't understand these things, like Nicodemus (a religious man) did not understand. Perhaps, he/she was taught to believe that we will always remain sinners; they were taught to believe in joining the church, getting baptized in water and you're ready for heaven. While these things are important, they can't save anyone. It takes a truly blood-bought Spirit-filled born again experience to set the sinner free; nothing less will do.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
It is written, the wages of sin is death. (Romans 6:23)

Old 11-07-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
James 1:27: Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Just curious, scgraham, do you look after orphans and widows in their distress? If not, according to you, you are of the devil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Of cause he does, but dismisses it has sin commited ignorantly, yet he knows many christians that are willfully sinning and somehow he can tell the difference between those who are willfully sinning and ignorantly sinning, (you just couldn't make it up)).
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. - Revelation 12:10

Old 11-07-2010, 10:38 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,334,160 times
Quote:
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. - Revelation 12:10
Well last time i looked it was you accusing many christians of willfully sinning , like i said "you couldn't make it up" .Could a man be so blind as to excuse himself by whether his sin is wilful or ignorant (how you seem to be justifying yourself) ?.If you sin you have done it willfully period, nobody made you do it,we willfully sin because we are ignorant of who He is and who we are in Christ, we've taken our eyes of him,taken ourselves away from grace and placed ourselves back under the law and the result of this is everbody is a sinner accept me.

You might as well post all the things you don't do that we willful sinners in your eyes do.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:04 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,114,897 times
Quote:
I suppose this is your way of not answering my question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity