Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 02:56 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,999,699 times

Advertisements

I believe there is a coming rapture and do so without murdering the Scriptures. I also believe dispensationalism is biblical.

Concerning airplanes crashing, who said there will even be airplanes in that future day? Humanity could revert back to the agrarian society if there is a complete breakdown again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 05:29 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,252,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I believe there is a coming rapture and do so without murdering the Scriptures. I also believe dispensationalism is biblical.

Concerning airplanes crashing, who said there will even be airplanes in that future day? Humanity could revert back to the agrarian society if there is a complete breakdown again.
i beleive that all these signs are pointing to something alright,dont thin its goin to be a rapture,maybe a change though some big change in the way we live our lives.

if you had of read the link ,its stated in the vedas that at the end of kali-yuga,which started 5000 years ago and is to last another427,000 years,that God will return to the planet as the Kalki avatar,that the world will have become a very dark place and those who are in conltrol are demons that possess great mystic power,that religion itself will be almost wiped mout and those who devote their lives to God will be hunted like animals.

that's when Kalki steops in,riding his white horse like the wind,and carrying his mystical sword.no-one at time will be expecting him and his birthplace father and many other aspects of his charachter and mission and his mystic powers are predicted in the vedas,strange how the veda's predictions of incarnations do come through,even jesus birt was predicted in the written vedas 3ooo years before He was born.

the yugas are cycles,that come and go like the season,when kalki finishes the last of the armys of demons he faces then the scent of His feet will spread across the world and the satya-yuga,the age of truth will once again return,and all the sages and godly folk will return to this planet again and spread the devine consioussness throught earth.and God will apear many times again and again in all the ages,in all His glorious Forms.im just writting this as i think m8,it always makes me feel good knowing their is a real Hero out there that is more loving and powerfull than any darkness created bye man or demon or demigod!!!

Old 11-01-2010, 07:35 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,694,261 times
Jesus didn't come the first time to wreck havoc,and seeing as He never changes,there is NO reason to think he would do so in a rapture.God can do anything...who says time wouldn't stop,or that planes and cars wouldn't be guided back safely by the hand of God?
I also do not think Jesus is a homewrecker..see my profile (and I am j'king about the trib,of course,unless you really want to be here for it )

Old 11-01-2010, 08:45 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,968,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
As a Christian of the Refomed faith I do not believe in the Rapture at all. The way the dispensationalists have murdered the scriptures to come up with the fairytales they do is just heresy in my mind.
In case anyone thinks this is me talking under a different name I assure you it is not.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:04 AM

593 posts, read 891,995 times
I have no idea how many are expecting rapture to take place as it would require a survey of the country or even world to project a number,not withstanding even our thread partners in City Data. It's important to understand that with even all the scripture in Matthew through Revelations leaves
us to speculate on the chronology of events and their time-line. In order to "expect" we have to have some basic lnowledge that for instance hints we will be "taken up" (first those believers in the grave then those believers checking out at Walmart or more interestingly pilots while flying aircraft!
The whole reason for many (not all) who believe or expect to be raptured is based on two simple premises one being that the "church" (believers) are not earmarked to suffer tribulation as it would be pointless as we are earmarked for reward(s) Secondly, rapture chronologically appears to precede Tribulation a 7 year period of suffering set asside specifically for unbelievers and primarily as a judgement on Israel (for rejecting Jesus). Sounds anti-semetic until you read the happy ending of the story. and as for the unbelievers they will have to refuse the mark and be beheaded to be saved. Sorry but they didn't "get it" that unbelieving has a price (that's how God rolls).

Last edited by DASULAR17; 11-02-2010 at 01:08 AM.. Reason: formating

Old 11-02-2010, 04:51 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,379,434 times
Anything to keep people from looking inside themselves...

Blessings,
Brian

Old 11-02-2010, 06:23 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,252,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Anything to keep people from looking inside themselves...

Blessings,
Brian
it seems to me that most people who beleive in the rapture,actually want it to happen,and look forward to it,i think if people understood the concept that God is within,then they would realize that all they ever needed was right here and now!

Old 11-02-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
it seems to me that most people who beleive in the rapture,actually want it to happen,and look forward to it,i think if people understood the concept that God is within,then they would realize that all they ever needed was right here and now!
Agreed; the reason they are happy is because they think they will be away from all the people they don't like.
A "rapture" doctrine is also a good way to keep the masses in the dark while the religious leaders fleece the sheep...

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-02-2010, 07:13 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,639,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Agreed; the reason they are happy is because they think they will be away from all the people they don't like.
A "rapture" doctrine is also a good way to keep the masses in the dark while the religious leaders fleece the sheep...

Blessings,
brian
I still believe in a Rapture of some kind before the tribulation. It's not because it makes me feel good or I'm anxious to "get away from people I don't like"....it's because it's biblical. I believe like Eusebius does, that the Bible should be read dispensationally and that a Rapture is definitely prophesied. It all depends on how you view other things in my opinion as to whether or not you get "rapture happy" and dwell on it too much. Yes, the wolves keep fleecing the sheep but that would happen in spite of the belief in a rapture. It has nothing to do with the fact that there will be a rapture.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I still believe in a Rapture of some kind before the tribulation. It's not because it makes me feel good or I'm anxious to "get away from people I don't like"....it's because it's biblical. I believe like Eusebius does, that the Bible should be read dispensationally and that a Rapture is definitely prophesied. It all depends on how you view other things in my opinion as to whether or not you get "rapture happy" and dwell on it too much. Yes, the wolves keep fleecing the sheep but that would happen in spite of the belief in a rapture. It has nothing to do with the fact that there will be a rapture.
Hi Ilene,
the reason I don't believe in the rapture, is because I believe we are the body of Christ. The flesh profits nothing; the Jesus they knew after the flesh, they do not know anymore. We will not know Him after the flesh, because the flesh passes away. Only spirit brings life.

Saul learned in a moment of time, that he was persecuting Jesus when he was persecuting the church. What people ought to be seeing in us is Christ, nothing else.

Yes, the fleecing happens anyway, but if they get people focused on some place beyond the skies, the people won't know what's going on in them and in others.
Ignorance is a powerful tool.

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity