Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 07:12 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
It appears that you believe that every person is EITHER a sheep or a goat, EITHER a wheat or a tare. (This is also traditional Christian teaching.)

However, some people believe that EVERY person is both a sheep and a goat, wheat and tare. (flesh and spirit)

There's a big difference!

Blessings!
Brian
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 07:24 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,380,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Every person is born tare/goat/bad fish, but becomes wheat/sheep/good fish when we are saved. God loves us and wants us to be righteous, but some refuse to be.

The Bible doesn't lie: the angels WILL separate the wicked from the righteous.
Here too, I see you are comparing man to man.

Other people see two aspects within the SAME man. And angels seem to have this ability to separate the two. Flesh vs. spirit, good vs. wicked, but in ALL men equally.
God looks upon the heart, and knows if we are following flesh or spirit.

Blessings!
Brian

Old 11-16-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
The Bible doesn't lie:
I'm sorry Finn for using your post in regards to the bible doesn't lie, i believed this statement for the longest time , and it appears very spiritual.

It's impossible for God to lie,but we can make the bible say what we want it to say to justify what we believe.

To hear God through the scriptures we need an open heart,and that open heart will always witness to things of God,especially the weightier matters of the heart of God which are justice,mercy and faithfullness, and that same open heart will not listen to anything that is in contradiction to them.

He's merciful to the ungrateful and wicked , believe it Finn your heart will begin to soften if you do.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Here too, I see you are comparing man to man.

Other people see two aspects within the SAME man. And angels seem to have this ability to separate the two.
There are all kinds of people with all kinds of beliefs, but your understanding is not in sync with the Bible.

Read the verses I quoted and see what I mean. It clearly states the angels take a multitude of men and separate the wicked from the righteous. They keep the good fish and throw away the bad ones. And it states this occurs in the day of judgment.

It would not be written like that if it meant what you have been taught. If it did, it would make clear that bad parts of a person are separated from the good parts, but it does not even hint that to be the case. It would say they take one fish and separate good parts from the bad parts, but it doesn't suggest anything like that. That would not be judgment.

You think angels separate the good in you and allow it to heaven, and the bad parts are thrown to the fire? Where do you get that?

Old 11-16-2010, 08:02 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,203,944 times
Quote:
Indeed, God hates sin, but loves the sinner. He desires all men came to Him, but he knows it will not happen. This is why he fortells the stories of separating sheep and goats, good fish from bad fish, and weeds from grains.
Exactly, but we immediately group individuals instead of natures. Why would Jesus and the rest of the NT focus so much on the fire of God, the cup we also will drink of, the baptism etc.? Is it not the crucifixion of the flesh that this "foretelling" is about?

Jesus spoke of wrath, but it was to those who had need of that wrath.

Quote:
He desires all men came to Him, but he knows it will not happen.
That makes no sense theologically, and it's the reason people no longer revere Him as King and Lord of all.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
To hear God through the scriptures we need an open heart,and that open heart will always witness to things of God,especially the weightier matters of the heart of God which are justice,mercy and faithfullness, and that same open heart will not listen to anything that is in contradiction to them.
Yep, I opened up my heart and begun to understand the scriptures.

One of the greatest things about the Holy Spirit is that is opens up the scriptures and allows the reader to understand it. Praise the Lord.

Before I found the Lord, the Bible did not make any sense to me, but now it does.

You have allowed your own human sense of justice to question God's sense of justice, and you have allowed 'logic' or supress the Spirit. You scrach and scrape for logical explanation to everything, but you end up with far fetched explanations, when the Bible is clear, and says otherwise. Let the Spirit lead you and you will see the truth.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 AM

63,953 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:

One of the greatest things about the Holy Spirit is that is opens up the scriptures and allows the reader to understand it. Praise the Lord.

Before I found the Lord, the Bible did not make any sense to me, but now it does.
Given your current hateful beliefs about the nature of our God . . . this says more about you than the bible.
Quote:
You have allowed your own human sense of justice to question God's sense of justice, and you have allowed 'logic' or supress the Spirit.
You have it exactly backwards. You have allowed our primitive ancestors warped beliefs about God's justice to suppress what I know deep in your heart the Holy Spirit is urging you to question . . . by claiming you should NOT question their primitive descriptions of God's justice.
Quote:
You scrach and scrape for logical explanation to everything, but you end up with far fetched explanations, when the Bible is clear, and says otherwise. Let the Spirit lead you and you will see the truth.
You abandon logic, reason and what God has "written in our hearts" to ignore even trying to explain the inexplicable evil of the primitive descriptions of God's justice. Let the Spirit lead you to what is truly "Written in your heart" and you will see the truth.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:

You have allowed your own human sense of justice to question God's sense of justice, and you have allowed 'logic' or supress the Spirit. You scrach and scrape for logical explanation to everything, but you end up with far fetched explanations, when the Bible is clear, and says otherwise. Let the Spirit lead you and you will see the truth.
Finn here's a prime example of using the scripture to justify what you believe.The only way it seems you understand justice is a price paid for a crime commited

When Jesus said you have neglected the weightier matters of the law , justice,mercy and faithfulness, do you honestly believe he was meaning and saying in regards to justice "you are going to end up in hell because you don't believe in me" ?.

The justice he was talking about was how we are towards our enemies,those that spitefully use us,those that curse us.

You see Finn to be just,merciful and faithful is to not neglect the weightier matters of the law.

If only you really understood yourself how merciful God is and as been to you, your posts would reflect that, "the bible says", or "the bible does not lie" does not cut it , i'm sorry, it appears spiritual but it's far from it.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Given your current hateful beliefs about the nature of our God . . . this says more about you than the bible. You have it exactly backwards. You have allowed our primitive ancestors warped beliefs about God's justice to suppress what I know deep in your heart the Holy Spirit is urging you to question . . . by claiming you should NOT question their primitive descriptions of God's justice. You abandon logic, reason and what God has "written in our hearts" to ignore even trying to explain the inexplicable evil of the primitive descriptions of God's justice. Let the Spirit lead you to what is truly "Written in your heart" and you will see the truth.
I never had the pleasure of meeting up with my primitive ancestors, but I praise the Lord we have the Bible to study, and the Holy Spirit to guide us.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:30 AM

63,953 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:
I never had the pleasure of meeting up with my primitive ancestors, but I praise the Lord we have the Bible to study, and the Holy Spirit to guide us.
Regrettably . . . it would seem you have never had the pleasure of meeting up with the Holy Spirit either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity