Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 09:27 PM

42 posts, read 41,080 times

Advertisements

Finn_Jarber, let them alone. They are stuck in their own way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 09:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,420,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by preppy187 View Post
Finn_Jarber, let them alone. They are stuck in their own way.
And what way might that be?

Old 11-19-2010, 05:35 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And what way might that be?
This one Jerwade

Jesus said "I am the "WAY" .That's were i have pitched my tent, and if i'm stuck there , then amen.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:31 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,380,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Bible has a lot to say about wicked people. They are also referred to as bad fish, goats, weeds, fruitless trees, blind people, clouds without water, bad figs, fools building upon sand and many, many other words.

Abraham asked God, after God had told him He was going to destroy Sodom, and everyone in it: "Abraham approached him and said: “Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked?"

The Bible says the that the wicked actively reject God. This means God is not in their lives and they live in willful and habitual sin.
Some people read the OT account as such:
Lot is symbolic of the Spirit within men, which is tormented by the unrighteous deeds of Sodom (the flesh), until God calls him to come out.

All men have Lot within them, as they also have Sodom, which we all chose to follow after first. But when the Lord begins to rouse righteous Lot within, he will "come out of her" and see the destruction of the flesh, or the bruising of the serpent's head, that peace may arise.

Are we still in Sodom today, giving heed to the flesh: bitterness, strivings, hate, envy, pride, selfishness... Or are we hearing God's voice to come out of her?

Blessings!
Brian

Old 11-19-2010, 07:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Some people read the OT account as such:
Lot is symbolic of the Spirit within men, which is tormented by the unrighteous deeds of Sodom (the flesh), until God calls him to come out.

Some people will twist any verse into a convenient story to support their point of view.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:42 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,161,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi Hot!

GOOD question!
Here's an example:
1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, 2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

So we can see here, that Saul was calling Jesus "Lord" before he knew His name! As Legoman rightly said, God doesn't need to "force" people to worship Him. (That would be tyranny.)
No. God's mere PRESENCE causes man to fall down in worship and praise, because of His GLORY!

God can do whatever He wants. The natural man does not like this, he fights against it. But the Spirit is more powerful, and wins man's heart through Love.

Blessings to you!
Brian
Sorry, but Saul was not forced. He was already a believer. He already knew who and what God the Father was,,,which is why when something as miraculous and dramatic happened to him,,he called out 'who are you, Lord', because he already knew the Power that had stricken him was mightier than he was with more authority. Hense, the term Lord.

And where did you get these words at?

Quote:
it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
I am not seeing this...like it was added.

And one must remember,,Saul was a chosen vessel, since birth. God already had plans for him,,verse 15. So, using Saul/Paul as an argument for EVERY living soul is a mute point,,,because not all are chosen for this purpose, as Paul was.

And a short PS.
It took Paul 14+ years to fully understand the mysteries of God the Father and Jesus BEFORE he even preached the Word.

If one were to use Paul's example,,,then really none should be preaching unless they have spent considerable time in fasting and prayer seeking the Lord.

But, it doesn't at all prove God did anything AGAINST EVERYONE'S, including Paul's will.

Being blinded shows and proves the force. Being healed is the purpose of force. But, being healed is what we all should desire through Jesus Christ,,and unless you can prove ALL humans will undergo this show of force, proof of force, and the healing purpose of the force,,,after death of this flesh,,,then again,,,nothing has been proven using those verse even with the add-ins.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:07 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,445,679 times
Universalism debunks itself.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,420,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This one Jerwade

Jesus said "I am the "WAY" .
...the Truth, and that of Life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity