Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 10:46 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I believe in sola scriptura but not everyone knows scripture well enough to follow this perfectly. I learn everyday and I have been born again for 10years. I believe in the Bible interpriting the Bible and I understand that many words have many meanings which many of the enlightened interpriters like to abuse. The Lord said we must become like children in our belief and digging into the many meanings of words is just a manipulation technique. We must take the word at face value and interprit it with other relating portions of the Bible and the context of all.
Where in the Bible does it say it can interpret itself?

Ask yourself a question. Did Jesus leave us a Bible or a Church?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 01:17 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahry View Post
For example, in the 4th century, Constantine declared the "1st day of the week" to be the Sabbath day instead of the 7th day commanded by God Himself (Gen 2:1-3). I could never find any authority in Scripture for man to be able to change or delete a commandment of God at his/her own discretion.
Humbly before Him,

Lahry
As far as the sabbath is concerned, God himself said we are no longer under the obligation to observe the 7th day as the offical day:

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. Colossians 2:16

Old 12-11-2010, 01:22 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
Why believe in Sola Scriptura i the first place?
John 17:17
Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

The Bible is God's Word. To "sanctify" means to be made holy.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:33 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,384 times
I agree Twin.spin. The Bible is God's word. We are not in disagreement there. It's just that nowhere in the Bible does it say, only use the Bible.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:04 PM

9 posts, read 10,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
As far as the sabbath is concerned, God himself said we are no longer under the obligation to observe the 7th day as the offical day:

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. Colossians 2:16
This is referencing liturgical sabbaths, not the weekly sabbath. Jesus kept the Sabbath. Paul kept the Sabbath. Never a mention in all of scripture that the day of rest and communion with God was any other day but the 7th day.

When someone dies, they are what? "Laid to rest". What day did Jesus "rest in the tomb"? Good guess, the 7th day. The evidence is clear, Sunday Sabbath is an invention of man, what seemed good in his own eyes, but never in God's eyes.

Of course, now days, people, including evangelicals could care less. Greed and pleasure pursuits drive them 7 days a week. Even if they attend a so called church service, they run to the world immediately there after. I venture to guess, that the last thing most people touch before leaving for "church" on Sunday, is the remote control of the TV. And it is the first thing picked up and used when they return. Tragic. Repent!!! or Perish!!! - Lahry

Old 12-11-2010, 02:25 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
I agree Twin.spin. The Bible is God's word. We are not in disagreement there. It's just that nowhere in the Bible does it say, only use the Bible.
The Bible is the only place where His Word can be found...Jesus...where we can turly learn of Him, Who He is, and what He requires of us who diligently, with a heart felt passion, seek and strive to know what it is (in His words alone) to truly KNOW Him and truly LOVE Him. And only those who keep His Commandments truly know Him and Love Him. It Is Written...In the Bible.

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:28 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
This is referencing liturgical sabbaths, not the weekly sabbath. Jesus kept the Sabbath. Paul kept the Sabbath. Never a mention in all of scripture that the day of rest and communion with God was any other day but the 7th day.

When someone dies, they are what? "Laid to rest". What day did Jesus "rest in the tomb"? Good guess, the 7th day. The evidence is clear, Sunday Sabbath is an invention of man, what seemed good in his own eyes, but never in God's eyes.

Of course, now days, people, including evangelicals could care less. Greed and pleasure pursuits drive them 7 days a week. Even if they attend a so called church service, they run to the world immediately there after. I venture to guess, that the last thing most people touch before leaving for "church" on Sunday, is the remote control of the TV. And it is the first thing picked up and used when they return. Tragic. Repent!!! or Perish!!! - Lahry
Amen brother!!! AMEN!

Old 12-11-2010, 02:48 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Luke 18:9-14 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in a week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Peace!

Old 12-11-2010, 03:03 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Tragic. Repent!!! or Perish!!! - Lahry
This absurd threat is no more meaningful or effective than the efforts of those in the fake "haunted houses" on halloween. Boo!! Seriously . . . grow up and allow your spirit to mature into "love of God and each other." This tired satanic deception has lasted well beyond what should have been the removal of primitive ignorance and superstition . . . but for the power and control agendas of evil men. THAT is Tragic.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:10 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,572 times
Quote:
For example, in the 4th century, Constantine declared the "1st day of the week" to be the Sabbath day instead of the 7th day commanded by God Himself (Gen 2:1-3). I could never find any authority in Scripture for man to be able to change or delete a commandment of God at his/her own discretion.
Actually, you need to really study the Scriptures to see that at no time did God command Gentiles to keep seventh day Sabbath, which was only given to the namesake people of the New Man name to rehearse, about the True Sabbath Rest in the fulfilled Atonement, which was to come and is come. They will still "keep Sabbath" as a celebration of the True One, when they are indeed entered into the Sabbath of the seventh Millennial Day of rest, for this present creation.
So if you believe that God has given you a seventh day Sabbath to "keep", then you have missed His True Sabbath Rest, which is entered into by coming unto Jesus and taking His yoke upon you, and learning of Him.
The Jews kept the seventh day, and never, ever, entered into the True Sabbath Rest of God, that they were given the living oracle of, to rehearse, as His namesake people of the New Man name.
Hbr 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in [their] heart; and they have not known my ways.
Hbr 3:11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
Hbr 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Quote:
Another example is the holiday called "Christmas". Again, a catholic decree and tradtion, accepted by almost all who are called "protestants". Yet there is no Biblical precidence or decree to claim a date as the Lord's birth date and celebrate it anually. ...
Lahry
Actually, the namesake people of the New Man name celebrate the coming into the world, of God, in a tabernacle of flesh, every Feast of Tabernacles Day. They who never entered into His Rest just don't understand it, but Messianic Jews and many Gentiles do.

And His namesake people of His New Man name have a celebration of the miracle of the Lights, after the anniversary of His incarnation, which incarnation was on the 24th day of the ninth month in the Hebrew calendar, as Haggai chapter 2 states; and the Day the Stone was laid for the second Temple of human being sons of God -for the Glory to indwell- was that Day typed in the earthly temple's date of the first stone laid, as an oracle. Nine months later, at the beginning of Tabernacles, Christ was born out of Mary, having put on the Garment of New Man nature on that eve before the miracle of Channukah was celebrated, nine months earlier. So Christ is come into the world, as the True Light that never goes out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity