Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 12:55 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
One must understand they are dead in their sins to be made alive in Christ. Romans 6:23

It's not Biblical that man must understand that they are dead in sins in order to be made alive in Christ. (At least I haven't found such declarations in my Bible yet..!)

Not Biblical.

Romans 5.18-19

God did not put mankind in sin.

Are we all not sinners "from our mother's womb?" If this is true, then we were made sinners, imo...
Awaiting your comments!..

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 05:19 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I knew this is where you were eventually going the moment i responded to your post

What is my point ?

You are not the last word on what is acceptable to God, is my point .
I never claimed to be. I was only reading Scripture.

Quote:
How were they justified ?, the only one we know by the scriptures who was justified by faith was Abraham, the rest of them did what they did, they did by faith, not by anticipation.
Not true. Read Hebrews 11:13

Quote:
I see good in people every day in my life, most of it without any consideration of expecting anything in return,christianity does not own what is good and acceptable, God does.
One thing you have got right on this thread is that you cannot say who is anticipating Christ(strange doctrine), so how can you judge what is acceptable to God or not
Because I can read (Scripture).

These "good" people you see, how do you know they're "good"? Jesus said there is none good, save the Father. Compared to God, Job said he "despised himself" (Job 42).

Old 01-16-2011, 05:35 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,793,000 times
One must understand they are dead in their sins to be made alive in Christ. Romans 6:23

It's not Biblical that man must understand that they are dead in sins in order to be made alive in Christ. (At least I haven't found such declarations in my Bible yet..!)

Yes, it is.

Ephesians 2

Made Alive in Christ

1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.

Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Not Biblical.

Romans 5.18-19

Is many all? There is an enormus amount of Scripture refuting universal salvation, but John 3:16 will suffice.

Are we all not sinners "from our mother's womb?" If this is true, then we were made sinners, imo...

Adam made us sinners, not God.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:21 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

Yes, it is.

Ephesians 2

Made Alive in Christ

1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.

Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Not Biblical.

Romans 5.18-19

Is many all? There is an enormus amount of Scripture refuting universal salvation, but John 3:16 will suffice.

Adam made us sinners, not God.
The word "many" is indeed in reference to "all." "Many" were constituted sinners and "many" are constituted righteous.

You and I had no "choice" to be "in Adam." No one says, "I have decided to follow Adam." This is because God made all mankind subject to the consequences of that one man's disobedience.
And the purpose of condemning all was precisely in order to save all, which He is doing.

Adam made us sinners.

Christ has made us saints.

"Where sin abounded, grace abounded much much moreso."

We can't escape salvation! He is the Savior, and His work is to Save.

Blessings!
Brian

Old 09-28-2015, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 359 times
Default Isaiah 64:6

Has anyone heard of Eli Arenas? The reason I'm here is because I talked to members of his ministry, and something doesn't feel right; I read this on his website, and thought of this verse:
As Christians, now we are the sons (and daughters) of God. As Jesus is so are we in this world, therefore there is no condemnation for us who are in Christ. We are pure as He is pure. We cannot sin for we abide in Him, and His seed remains in us and we are born of Him. We are perfect as Jesus is perfect. Upon receiving Him into our hearts, we become a new creation – the old us is gone, and the new us is come in, which is Christ. We no longer live, but Christ lives in us. The life we now live in the flesh we live by the faith of the Son of God, faith which moves mountains. We call those things which be not as though they were. We preach the gospel, heal the sick, cleanse the Eli Arenas Ministries Empowered, Inspired and Led by the Holy Spirit llepers, raise the dead, and cast out devils – everything that Jesus has done we do, and greater things shall we do in His name, because Jesus has gone to the Father and intercedes for us, forever, as the High Priest of the order of Melchisedec (1 John 3:2; 1 John 4:17; Romans 8:1; 1 John 3:3,6,9; Matthew 5:48; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 2:20; Mark 11:23; Romans 4:17; Matthew 10:7-8; John 14:12; Hebrews 5:6). (eliarenas)

From my understandings, when we Christians are born again & saved we should strive to be Christ-like, but we do not become a surrogate for Christ; we do not become brothers & sisters of Christ, but brides of Christ.

The member of Eli's ministry talks about Jesus more than he talks about Eli, but not by much, as he urged me to contact him via cell phone... I'm always looking to fellowship with other Christians, leaders & followers alike, but I'm NOT looking for a middleman to Jesus; I prefer to talk to him directly. And, I understand that by no stretch of the imagination am I anywhere near perfection like Jesus Christ is... I'm no judge; God relieved us from such duties, but I want to be aware of false prophets; please help my Christian brothers & sisters...

ΙΧΘΥΣ
Mark M.
<><

Old 09-28-2015, 03:58 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmukoyama View Post
Has anyone heard of Eli Arenas? The reason I'm here is because I talked to members of his ministry, and something doesn't feel right; I read this on his website, and thought of this verse:
As Christians, now we are the sons (and daughters) of God. As Jesus is so are we in this world, therefore there is no condemnation for us who are in Christ. We are pure as He is pure. We cannot sin for we abide in Him, and His seed remains in us and we are born of Him. We are perfect as Jesus is perfect. Upon receiving Him into our hearts, we become a new creation – the old us is gone, and the new us is come in, which is Christ. We no longer live, but Christ lives in us. The life we now live in the flesh we live by the faith of the Son of God, faith which moves mountains. We call those things which be not as though they were. We preach the gospel, heal the sick, cleanse the Eli Arenas Ministries Empowered, Inspired and Led by the Holy Spirit llepers, raise the dead, and cast out devils – everything that Jesus has done we do, and greater things shall we do in His name, because Jesus has gone to the Father and intercedes for us, forever, as the High Priest of the order of Melchisedec (1 John 3:2; 1 John 4:17; Romans 8:1; 1 John 3:3,6,9; Matthew 5:48; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 2:20; Mark 11:23; Romans 4:17; Matthew 10:7-8; John 14:12; Hebrews 5:6). (eliarenas)

From my understandings, when we Christians are born again & saved we should strive to be Christ-like, but we do not become a surrogate for Christ; we do not become brothers & sisters of Christ, but brides of Christ.

The member of Eli's ministry talks about Jesus more than he talks about Eli, but not by much, as he urged me to contact him via cell phone... I'm always looking to fellowship with other Christians, leaders & followers alike, but I'm NOT looking for a middleman to Jesus; I prefer to talk to him directly. And, I understand that by no stretch of the imagination am I anywhere near perfection like Jesus Christ is... I'm no judge; God relieved us from such duties, but I want to be aware of false prophets; please help my Christian brothers & sisters...

ΙΧΘΥΣ
Mark M.
<><
Well, if you're his bride then how can you be a son of G-d?...Jesus has the same G-d that everyone has...

Old 09-28-2015, 04:11 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmukoyama View Post

ΙΧΘΥΣ
Mark M.
<><
eliarenas

I'll just point out a few things that I see in their statement of faith. For one thing, they claim to raise the dead. I can tell you with all certainty that they do not, and cannot raise the dead. They make that claim based on what Jesus said to His disciples in John 14:12. However, what Jesus said there is not to be understood as applying to all believers in general, at least not regard to performing miracles, but was specific to the disciples whom He was comforting because they were distressed that He was about to leave them.

After Jesus ascended to heaven, the apostles in their ministries were able to perform miracles, including raising the dead. In telling them that they would do greater works than He did, Jesus did not mean greater in nature, but greater in the extent of their outreach. Jesus' earthly ministry lasted only three years. But during the ministry of the apostles they reached more people than Jesus did during His ministry. The Book of Acts records thousands of people being saved by the witness of Peter in giving the gospel. To anyone reading this who believes that they can raise the dead, then get yourself to the nearest morgue or cemetery and get to work bringing people back to life. And I want to see something in the news about it.

They also state that because believers in Christ Jesus are a new creation, which is true (2 Cor. 5:17) that the old us is gone. And that is false. Believers still retain their old sin nature and are fully capable of sinning. At any given time the believer is either carnal or spiritual. The moment the believer gives in to some temptation and sins he enters into a state of carnality. The Corinthian church was full of carnal Christians (1 Cor. 3:1-3). When a believer is living according to his new nature it is impossible for him to sin, but when he volitionally gives in to temptation he goes back to living according to his old nature. And instead of being in fellowship, he is carnal.

The solution is to simply name the sin as per 1 John 1:9. Because all of our sins were judged at the cross, God is free to forgive our sins on the basis of grace. Therefore, when you simply name or acknowledge your sin to God, you are admitting that you sinned. And because that sin was already judged, God simply forgives you and forgets the sin. The believer by the way cannot lose his salvation because he sins. Any and all sins he will ever commit were already paid for by Jesus when He bore them in His own body on the cross (1 Peter 2:4). Sin simply puts the believer out of fellowship and can result in divine discipline as per Hebrews 12:4-8. But his eternal salvation is not jeopardized.

Now, so far as the believer being perfect, there is a sense in which that is true as per Hebrews 10:14. But the sense in which the believer is perfected is in a positional sense. The moment a person receives Jesus as Savior he is entered into union with Christ by means of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. And since Jesus is perfect, the believer by virtue of being in Christ is seen by God as being in a perfected state. But that is positionally. Experientially it is a different matter. The believer begins his spiritual life as a spiritual baby who needs to grow up. And that is the process of experiential sanctification in which the believer advances to spiritual maturity. Unfortunately, most Christians never do grow up spiritually. But positionally they are seen as perfect. If you will look at Hebrews 10:10 it says that we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. ''We have been sanctified'' is in the Greek perfect tense.

The Greek perfect tense refers to an action that has been completed in the past with the results of that action continuing on in full force. This means that the believer, in a positional sense has been perfected for all time. To put it another way, the believer has entered into a state of full acceptance by God because of the redemptive work of Christ on the cross.

Since you asked for help, my advice is to stay away from any group that claims to raise the dead and perform other miracles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity