Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 06:49 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Instead of focusing on the consequences of Adam 1 (which have been annulled and nailed to the cross btw), why don't we focus on the consequences of Adam 2? God put mankind in condemnation in order to put all mankind in Life and justification.

Adam 1 no longer reigns. Only grace, justification and Life now reigns. Time to update!

Let's move onwards, towards perfection!

Blessings,
Brian
Too right we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 06:56 AM

910 posts, read 1,338,590 times
Brian,

The world is always stuck on old things. Many people are still stuck in the ways and works of Moses and with that they fail to know Christ. Now Adam 2 has come and gone, but is his promise of 'this generation shall not perish before it is fulfilled' not actualized? If it is then somewhere in this world, there already exist Adam 3. Remember he says 'I will be with you even unto the end of the world'

Old 01-12-2011, 08:04 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
My whole point in quoting that verse to remind us of how fallen and depraved we are, and how we NEED a Savior, with the help of the Holy Spirit, to keep us on the right track.

You can think of yourself how you like, no one else has to think of themselves as you do of yourself.

The verse is a contrast, not in the negative sense. We as beings are special to God no matter what, and what we are now is just the beginning of greatness.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:14 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Brian,

The world is always stuck on old things. Many people are still stuck in the ways and works of Moses and with that they fail to know Christ. Now Adam 2 has come and gone, but is his promise of 'this generation shall not perish before it is fulfilled' not actualized? If it is then somewhere in this world, there already exist Adam 3. Remember he says 'I will be with you even unto the end of the world'
Yes, I agree that the world is focused on the past. Christendom is still focused on Adam 1 and doesn't realize that he is gone. Finished. Dead.

It seems ever clearer to me now, that Christ is the Last Adam, there will be no other after Him, since He is purifying mankind more and more as time goes by.
The world sees that Adam 1 has been 100 percent successful, but gives Adam 2 only a small portion. But Christ is the Last Adam precisely because His "consequences" are even more far-reaching than Adam 1 ever could have been!
That's why we are saved by grace, and that's also why the whole world has been justified and put into Life.

Christ is winning, despite what Christendom has to say..
Glory to God!

Blessings!
Brian

Old 01-12-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What things?
2C 9:15 Thanks [be] unto God for his unspeakable gift.

Quote:

I interpret that passage as saying our very best acts of "righteousness" are nothing but filth to God. That is why we need the Righteousness of Jesus imputed to us.

I think God is very pleased with us, our own personal actions has no bearing upon that.

This is the problem with religious things, there is an emotional oppression going on whether anyone realizes it or not. To take your stance most will simply burn out in the faith because they are constantly told that nothing they do is ever good enough which is a bunch of nonsense.

Jesus Righteousness WILL BE imputed on us, it is a process and nothing you think or do from your own will has any bearing upon that fact.

What your will and consciousness can do is defeat joy in people during the process which is what your view does.

Don't pretend to have joy when your comments show that you can't believe God loves you just as you are, BUT HE DOES.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:16 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The verse is a contrast, not in the negative sense. We as beings are special to God no matter what, and what we are now is just the beginning of greatness.
We are all special indeed! And God's love for mankind has truly been shown to us all!
We're all going to get there... some just don't know it yet!!

Blessings!
Brian

Old 01-12-2011, 10:31 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
2C 9:15 Thanks [be] unto God for his unspeakable gift.

I think God is very pleased with us, our own personal actions has no bearing upon that.

This is the problem with religious things, there is an emotional oppression going on whether anyone realizes it or not. To take your stance most will simply burn out in the faith because they are constantly told that nothing they do is ever good enough which is a bunch of nonsense.

Jesus Righteousness WILL BE imputed on us, it is a process and nothing you think or do from your own will has any bearing upon that fact.

What your will and consciousness can do is defeat joy in people during the process which is what your view does.

Don't pretend to have joy when your comments show that you can't believe God loves you just as you are, BUT HE DOES.

This isn't about whether God loves us-He obviously does. The subject here is that our acts of "righteousness", outside of Jesus, are filth to God & unacceptable. Only through Jesus can we please the Father.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
This isn't about whether God loves us-He obviously does. The subject here is that our acts of "righteousness", outside of Jesus, are filth to God & unacceptable. Only through Jesus can we please the Father.
The problem is that you cannot separate what you do from the thought of how God sees you.

You believe God loves us, but then think there is something left to do in order for God to be pleased with you.

First and foremost what you do has nothing to do with whether God is pleased with you or not. The issue with behavior and what you do has to do only with you it is something everyone can understand because it is how life operates.

Someone can murder and that does not change that God loves you nor does it change who someone is deep down under what has poisoned them that God sees.

This has nothing to do with what the bad things we do can reap for ourselves, you reap what you sow. The fallacy is that God favors you more if you do not murder than if you do. This is where religion trying to define why a person should try to do good hasn't got a clue.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:12 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Someone can murder and that does not change that God loves you nor does it change who someone is deep down under what has poisoned them that God sees.
I agree with this. I wish more people could see this perspective.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:15 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
The problem is that you cannot separate what you do from the thought of how God sees you.

You believe God loves us, but then think there is something left to do in order for God to be pleased with you.

First and foremost what you do has nothing to do with whether God is pleased with you or not. The issue with behavior and what you do has to do only with you it is something everyone can understand because it is how life operates.

This has nothing to do with what the bad things we do can reap for ourselves, you reap what you sow. The fallacy is that God favors you more if you do not murder than if you do. This is where religion trying to define why a person should try to do good hasn't got a clue.
IA with some of what you say, but not the bolded.

There is nothing for me to do-Jesus did it for me. He met the requirements of the Law, & He sacrificed Himself for me.

I don't know why you think I believe the red part.

You're completely missing the point of this thread, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity