Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 01:49 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,063 times

Advertisements

Would a Plan annul God’s & our free will?

If God has this great plan, that we and he cannot deviate from, then none of us, including God, have free will.
If we can deviate from it then we can say that we, including God, have free will.

To believe in the plan is to believe, as I do, that all is perfect at any given point in time.

Most do not follow my thinking on this because they do not understand the perfection of the reality we live in.
Most believe we live under imperfect condition.
If things are not perfect right now, then it would mean that we are off the plan.
Imperfection within the perfect plan.

Is that even possible in your thinking?

How do you resolve this catch 22 paradox?

Regards
DL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk41Gbjljfo
The weird yet perfect plan.
Satan, a surprise to God.
Losing 1/3 of angels.
Eden, the fall.
Exodus, harden Pharaoh’s heart.
Repent of creating man.
Use genocide on man.
Having his son murdered.
End time, another genocide.
Having more souls in hell than heaven.
Begin as master of all. End as a back sliding master of just some.
All these failures for God in his perfect plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 04:15 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post

If God has this great plan, that we and he cannot deviate from, then none of us, including God, have free will.
If we can deviate from it then we can say that we, including God, have free will.

To believe in the plan is to believe, as I do, that all is perfect at any given point in time.

Most do not follow my thinking on this because they do not understand the perfection of the reality we live in.
If things are not perfect right now, then it would mean that we are off the plan.

Regards
DL

Losing 1/3 of angels.
Eden, the fall.
Repent of creating man.
Use genocide on man.
Having his son murdered.
Please define "Free will"

Old 01-15-2011, 05:14 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Adam was created imperfect. He fell...why?...because he was imperfect!
Christ showed us only He can be perfect.

There is no catch 22....God's plan was Christ.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:06 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post

Regards
DL

Losing 1/3 of angels.
Eden, the fall.
Repent of creating man.
Use genocide on man.
Having his son murdered.
Here's a link on free will and atheism, which I agree with for the most part.

Got Atheism? Prayer, Sin, and Free Will (Oh My!)

And here are some links by a believer in the Restitution of All Things who describes why Calvinist's are right, why free will is part of a great delusion, and why everything will be restored at the end of the ages.

The Lake of Fire - Part 15
The Lake of Fire - Part 15-B
LAKE OF FIRE - Part 15-C
L. Ray Smith - The Lake of Fire - Part 15 - Part D

Old 01-16-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Adam was created imperfect. He fell...why?...because he was imperfect!
Christ showed us only He can be perfect.

There is no catch 22....God's plan was Christ.
Yes, I agree with sciotamicks here. I don't why people claim Adam was perfect. Everyone shows that was not the case.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:30 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Satan was perfect, until he rebelled -- and so was Adam. God's will did not succeed in these creatures because God limits Himself by giving His creation free will. God is the one who limits Himself because He offers the alternative to serving Him.

Conversely, 2/3 rds of His angels remained obedient. Also, Jesus, when He took on the flesh, remained obedient to the Father's will. As Jesus was faced with the crucifixion, His emotions and feelings did not want to go through with the horror that was before Him; but, in obedience, He pushed His feelings aside and rose up in divine love, which leads to obedience, to carry out the Father's will. Now, He sits at the right hand of the Father in glory.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Satan was perfect, until he rebelled -- and so was Adam. God's will did not succeed in these creatures because God limits Himself by giving His creation free will. God is the one who limits Himself because He offers the alternative to serving Him.

Conversely, 2/3 rds of His angels remained obedient. Also, Jesus, when He took on the flesh, remained obedient to the Father's will. As Jesus was faced with the crucifixion, His emotions and feelings did not want to go through with the horror that was before Him; but, in obedience, He pushed His feelings aside and rose up in divine love, which leads to obedience, to carry out the Father's will. Now, He sits at the right hand of the Father in glory.
Satan was never perfect and neither was Adam.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So as you can see, God's Word shows that Satan was a murderer from the very beginning.

But think about it. If Satan was perfect at one time, then what/who tempted him to be imperfect?

Old 01-16-2011, 10:00 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Satan was never perfect and neither was Adam.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So as you can see, God's Word shows that Satan was a murderer from the very beginning.

But think about it. If Satan was perfect at one time, then what/who tempted him to be imperfect?
Satan was made perfect, until iniquity took him over.

Ezekiel 28
[13] Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
[14] Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
[15] Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
[16] By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
[17] Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
[18] Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
[19] All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Last edited by scgraham; 01-16-2011 at 10:46 AM..

Old 01-16-2011, 10:18 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
How can iniquity act on its own accord?

Old 01-16-2011, 10:36 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
How can iniquity act on its own accord?

Where do you find iniquity?
Is it not, in the heart of Mankind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity