Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 06:02 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times

Advertisements

Like everyone else, I’ve been intently watching the headlines, wondering what’s next for our country, our world. I’m a rapture believer, but I’m also realizing that my family is not prepared for the “tough times” we’ll probably experience before the Lord comes for us. I’m wondering if you could give some advice, insight, references regarding what we can do today to make sure we are as prepared as we can be regarding finances, food, fuel, etc.

Before we get to arguing and fussing, 1. This is not a UR thread! 2. All are welcome....Yes, I would like to hear from a Christian/Believer's prospective, but understand you don't have to be either, to see what's going on in our world today, amen?

Are you hearing the voice of God telling you to leave a certain area? Keep on hand extra supplies? Or, are you prepared to go on as if nothing is happening and then trusting God for the money, food, shelter, etc.. later on?

I have a feeling that before we are raptured we may very well see the fall of America, and suffer the horrors that go with that. If true, how do we prepare, what might we expect to go through, and how might God use us during that time?

PS: There's no right or wrong answers here...It's each to his/her own, however God leads you ..to prepare or not, for your house.

Betsey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 06:22 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Like everyone else, I’ve been intently watching the headlines, wondering what’s next for our country, our world. I’m a rapture believer, but I’m also realizing that my family is not prepared for the “tough times” we’ll probably experience before the Lord comes for us. I’m wondering if you could give some advice, insight, references regarding what we can do today to make sure we are as prepared as we can be regarding finances, food, fuel, etc.

Before we get to arguing and fussing, 1. This is not a UR thread! 2. All are welcome....Yes, I would like to hear from a Christian/Believer's prospective, but understand you don't have to be either, to see what's going on in our world today, amen?

Are you hearing the voice of God telling you to leave a certain area? Keep on hand extra supplies? Or, are you prepared to go on as if nothing is happening and then trusting God for the money, food, shelter, etc.. later on?

I have a feeling that before we are raptured we may very well see the fall of America, and suffer the horrors that go with that. If true, how do we prepare, what might we expect to go through, and how might God use us during that time?

PS: There's no right or wrong answers here...It's each to his/her own, however God leads you ..to prepare or not, for your house.

Betsey
Betsey i wouldn't worry to much about tomorrow , anyway i saw a huge sign on a side of a building saying "May 21st 2011 will be the day of the rapture", so you haven't got long to hang on.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Betsey i wouldn't worry to much about tomorrow , anyway i saw a huge sign on a side of a building saying "May 21st 2011 will be the day of the rapture", so you haven't got long to hang on.

I believe that's the "date" Harold camping is giving, did'nt know you listen to him........ but seriously pcamps.....DON"T START! Act like an adult, really!

Old 06-15-2010, 06:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
I believe that's the "date" Harold camping is giving, did'nt know you listen to him........ but seriously pcamps.....DON"T START! Act like an adult, really!
Never heard of the guy . Like i said Betsey no need to worry about tomorrow . He holds our future , His goodness fails never , the name of the Lord is a strong tower , He is our Hiding place .

Old 06-15-2010, 06:35 PM

365 posts, read 511,666 times
Quote:

Betsey

STOP!!! Live each day. Nobody knows the day or the hour!!!

This is one of the biggest mistakes by people which have formed dangerous doomday cults etc, they begin to "interptret the signs" and claim God is near.

Sure God is coming back but IN HIS TIME, NOT OURS!

And remember, Jesus said He would return in the Disciples days, but he didn't.

Matthew 24:32-34 (NKJV) "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near; at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place."

So if Jesus got that wrong... then you are most likely be wrong that Jesus will return in your generation.

Keep living day to day, work hard, give glory to Jesus, share Jesus, and one day when God is ready, He will send Jesus back.

These worldly events can continue for another 100 years. Only God knows for sure!

Don't fall into the doomsday cult and fanatics trap by setting dates and looking at every single world event to conclude Jesus is coming this week or this month or this year!

Jesus WILL RETURN, but it could be decades, even 100 years.

Remember, Jesus got this wrong, so the chances are you will too!!

And remember, Jesus said, "
I Am Coming Quickly". and that was 2000 years ago! lol

So realise this... it could be 1 year, 20 years, 100 years OR MORE before Jesus returns. So live your LIFE NOW!

Old 06-15-2010, 06:37 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:

Betsey
Well, hmmmmm...............I was never raptured out of my troubles. I know the disciples and Christ were not raptured out of theirs.

Just a FEW examples of my own;

The Vietnam war ended the year I was born, but soon after there were gas lines because of embargoes, rationing, and price controls, so I got to sit around in the hot sun without air-conditioning in the gas lines. My mom kept me out of the front yard because of the serial killers running around Southern California at the time.

(leaving things out..........leaving things out.......................)

My family soon moved to a "safer" government area, but my mom thought for SURE during the 80s we were gonna be nuked, and she had supplies on hand to head out of town should that happen. Mt. Saint Helens blew it's top shortly after we moved to Washington and we were covered in ash. My parents went through some kind of meltdown and never recovered. They took off together for Long Beach, CA, but I had to "kidnap" (she wouldn't come willingly, unfortunately. Sometimes you do what you gotta do) my mom from my dad after she dumped herself into a garbage can because my dad screamed at her so much she thought of herself as nothing better than a dog, or garbage.

(I'll leave a couple things out. Not pretty.....................)

I lived in Tornado infested Oklahoma City and went through hail storms, tornadoes, and ice-storms that sounded as though the city was being fired upon every time a branch would break off. I was in an earthquake (in Oklahoma?!) that scared me to death; I thought the house had been hit by a giant truck. The crime was outrageous. I called the police a couple of times on neighbors that were trying to kill each other. By the time I left there were nightly helicopters flying around with spotlights looking for criminals. The city had been in a severe drought and the smoke from the fires a few days before I left circled the city like it was the seventh level of hell...........

Fast forward through a couple million catastrophes.......

My husband and I just bought a house last year after waiting 20 YEARS! And then he lost 50% of his income soon after. I just recently filed bankruptcy for the second time in 10 years. We are on the edge of poverty and cannot afford much food, but that is nothing new. I lived on $400 dollars a month in Oklahoma, lived in drug-infested, gang-infested housing and struggled to find bread for my kids for years on end. My son's ribs were sticking out much of the time, all the while my sister (that I saw pretty much daily) and her husband's family sat around swimming in money because of a settlement from a case they had won against a tire company.

My mom recently died and my brother won't give me her ashes. I had just finished meeting with the lawyer on the bankruptcy when my sister, whom I had not seen of heard from in 5 years waltzed into the place where I was getting some food, casually said "hello," asked the guy at the desk for directions and then walked out the door.

My dad is probably dead, but I will never know.

My family is a bunch of nut-cases all around.

My husband's family is just as bad off. His brother recently got stomped on and his eye popped out of his head. His step-dad's brother shot himself in the head on the front lawn. I really should just keep quiet about the rest.......

I've got troubles of my own, I tell ya. I'm afraid I'm just not interested in the collapse of civilization at the moment........Sorry, Betsey

What I CAN tell you is this: LOVE wins...........

(Preparing isn't gonna do a whole lotta good if things get as bad as you say )

Last edited by herefornow; 06-15-2010 at 06:53 PM..

Old 06-15-2010, 06:41 PM

O.K, so I'll go first....I am a believer. For several years something keep nagging at me. I would find myself looking up at the clouds and noticing for some reason, ''they are getting closer". I don't know if that makes sense to anyone, but there was something profound about the clouds, and I kept telling my sister's the clouds are getting closer, don't you guys notice it? Something kept "nagging" at me and won't let go, I would get up in the mornings before the kids get out of bed and sit on the front porch and listen to the sounds of the morning and it's there in the quiet of the day, I listen to God speak to my heart and quicken my spirit to prepare for "something".

When my sister died couple of years ago, I thought at first, this is what I was anticipating, but no, it was not. Then when my mother died a year & 1/2 ago..I thought surely, there's no way I can come back from this, this is MY MOM! Oh, how I suffered! I don't think I've ever experienced such profound sadness, I must have cried forever. Yet, that wasn't it either. I came back from that, I know I will see her again and today I'm rejoicing (and please don't interpret this the wrong way) that she is home, with her Lord and Savior! I'm grateful for that! Today, I'm fully aware that something in the midst... don't know exactly what it is, (who really do?) but what I do know is, some sort of preparation is in order, now! Get out of Florida! That's what my soul is screaming at me today and it won't let go!(working on it). I've also been having the same dreams for a while.

The Dream

I'm in the middle of chaos, there's fire raining from the sky, smoke everywhere, people are running to and fro calling out to their love ones. I'm standing in the middle of the "hell on earth", yet, no harms coming to me, the fire from above, it's not touching me, my children are not there, they are safe. Not on earth safe, but somehow, I know this, I know where they are and it's alright with my soul.

I'm calling out to people as they run by, some screaming in pain, wandering, dazed, hurting, lost. I feel all these things as each person runs by. I'm saying, "Come with me, I know a safe place. Follow me!" Some come and others run past me, looking for shelter, but I know where the shelter is, and they just won't listen.

What's strange in the dream is, the safe place is in the middle of the chaos! So I lead them to the place of refuge and I go back yet again to call for more and more to come. I couldn't wake up from that dream. I don't know if any of you ever experience a dream where you literally had to fight your way back to reality? Well, it was like that for me. It was so profound!

When I finally fought my way through and was aware that it was "only a dream" (because at the time, I just knew all of it was real, and happening now) tears are streaming down my face. I got up and attempted to go to the bathroom to wash my face and found that I couldn't, I fell and my knees and cried out to God, and I mean literally, cried out, "Father, what is it you want me to do?" I stayed like that for what seem like hours and just cried and cried until I was spent.

I am a believer. I am trying to explain it to you the best way I can, not very eloquent in speech, if at all, but I know, what I know....something's coming and more so than a preparation of things, (don't get me wrong, which is necessary), it's a preparation, a cleaning of your souls, that are in order. Am I leaving Fl.? Yes! Am I saving for a "rainy" day? Yes! Now that's for me and my family and whomsoever may need a helping hand......... what's for me is for me and I'm certainly going to pay attention to that voice.

Blessings.

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 06-15-2010 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: commas, etc...

Old 06-15-2010, 06:48 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
O.K so I go first....[SIZE=2]I am a believer. [/SIZE][SIZE=2]For several years something keep nagging at me. I would find myself looking up at the clouds and noticing for some reason, ''they are getting closer".[/SIZE][SIZE=2] I don't know if that makes sense to anyone, but there was something profound about the clouds, and I kept telling my sister's the clouds are getting closer, don't you guys notice it?

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Something kept "nagging" at me and won't let go, I would get up in the mornings before the kids get out of bed and sit on the front porch and listen to the sounds of the morning and it's there in the quiet of the day, I listen to God speak to my heart and quicken my spirit to prepare for "something". [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]When my sister died couple of years ago, I thought at first, this is what I was anticipating, but no, it was not. Then when my mother died a year & 1/2 ago..I thought surely, there's no way I can come back from this, this is MY MOM! Oh, how I suffered! I don't think I've ever experienced such profound sadness, I must have cried foreve[/SIZE]r.[SIZE=2]Yet, that wasn't it either. I came back from that, I know I will see her again and today I'm rejoicing (and please don't interpret this the wrong way) that she is home, with her Lord and Savior! I'm grateful for that! [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Today, I'm fully aware that something in the midst... don't know exactly what it is, (who really do?) but what I do know is, some sort of preparation is in order, now! Get out of Florida! That's what my soul is screaming at me today and it won't let go!(working on it). [/SIZE]I've also been having the same dreams for a while[SIZE=2].

The Dream

I'm in the middle of chaos, there's fire raining from the sky, smoke everywhere, people are running to and fro calling out to their love ones. I'm standing in the middle of the "hell on earth", yet, no harms coming to me, the fire from above, it's not touching me, my children are not there, they are safe. Not on earth safe, but somehow, I know this, I know where they are and it's alright with my soul.

I'm calling out to people as they run by, some screaming in pain, wandering, dazed, hurting, lost. I feel all these things as each person runs by. I'm saying, "Come with me, I know a safe place. Follow me!" Some come and others run past me, looking for shelter, but I know where the shelter is, and they just won't listen.

What's strange in the dream is, the safe place is in the middle of the chaos! So I lead them to the place of refuge and I go back yet again to call for more and more to come. I couldn't wake up from that dream. I don't know if any of you ever experience a dream where you literally had to fight your way back to reality? Well, it was like that for me. It was so profound!

When I finally fought my way through and was aware that it was "only a dream" (because at the time, I just knew all of it was real, and happening now) tears are streaming down my face. I got up and attempted to go to the bathroom to wash my face and found that I couldn't, I fell and my knees and cried out to God, and I mean literally, cried out, "Father, what is it you want me to do?" I stayed like that for what seem like hours and just cried and cried until I was spent.

I am a believer. I am trying to explain it to you the best way I can, not very eloquent in speech, if at all, but I know, what I know....something coming and more so than a preparation of things, (don't get me wrong, which is necessary), it's a preparation, a cleaning of your souls, that are in order. Now that for me and my family and whomsoever may need a helping hand.........

Blessings.

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]

I have had a LOT of strange dreams myself. Nothing new there, though. I'm mostly leading children to safe places.

The most recent one was a couple of weeks before Haiti. There were these people (they were black----normally wouldn't matter, right? But, Haiti........) standing outside these buildings staring at me. They were beckoning me inside, but I did not want to go. Something was wrong. They kept smiling at me and finally talked me in. After I stepped inside, the building collapsed, and I found myself in a very dark place trying to kick my way out. It was terrifying.

Ya just gotta keep moving. Love wins.

( I went into a dark place, MENTALLY, after Pat Robertson opened his big, fat mouth, though. There is a reason I've been studying UR at a rapid pace)

Last edited by herefornow; 06-15-2010 at 07:33 PM..

Old 06-15-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I have had a LOT of strange dreams myself. Nothing new there, though. I'm mostly leading children to safe places.

The most recent one was a couple of weeks before Haiti. There were these people (they were black----normally wouldn't matter, right? But, Haiti........) standing outside these buildings staring at me. They were beckoning me inside, but I did not want to go. Something was wrong. They kept smiling at me and finally talked me in. After I stepped inside, the building collapsed, and I found myself in a very dark place trying to kick my way out. It was terrifying.

Ya just gotta keep moving. Love wins.

Oh...I'm moving alright, right out of FL. lOl....I understand though.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
STOP!!! Live each day. Nobody knows the day or the hour!!!

This is one of the biggest mistakes by people which have formed dangerous doomday cults etc, they begin to "interptret the signs" and claim God is near.

Sure God is coming back but IN HIS TIME, NOT OURS!

And remember, Jesus said He would return in the Disciples days, but he didn't.

Matthew 24:32-34 (NKJV) "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near; at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place."

So if Jesus got that wrong... then you are most likely be wrong that Jesus will return in your generation.

Keep living day to day, work hard, give glory to Jesus, share Jesus, and one day when God is ready, He will send Jesus back.

These worldly events can continue for another 100 years. Only God knows for sure!

Don't fall into the doomsday cult and fanatics trap by setting dates and looking at every single world event to conclude Jesus is coming this week or this month or this year!

Jesus WILL RETURN, but it could be decades, even 100 years.

Remember, Jesus got this wrong, so the chances are you will too!!

And remember, Jesus said, "
I Am Coming Quickly". and that was 2000 years ago! lol

So realise this... it could be 1 year, 20 years, 100 years OR MORE before Jesus returns. So live your LIFE NOW!

I'll take my chances on Jesus though, amen? Thanks for sharing purpleheart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity