Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 02:19 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
After reading this

The hand of the LORD was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

I said, “Sovereign LORD, you alone know.” (If only this was the starting point for the Fundy,then he might learn a thing or two)
4 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath[a] enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.’”
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.
9 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’” 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army. 11 Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the people of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: My people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. 13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. 14 I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.’”Ezekiel 37

When God speaks........ things come to life!!!!!!!!.I also noticed there wasn't a lot of choosing and deciding going on from those dry bones, it was God calling the shots.

Nice one pcamps. With God, all things are possible.

Now, here comes my sarcastic side...(where is the little devil icon when you need it?)...

"Rise up you skeletons and become alive" thus sayeth the Sovereign Lord. "Now form a line and approach Me. My hand is on the lever for the trap door to the lake of fire where you shall spend forever"

Did someone beat me to the punch yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 03:06 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why can you not at least be open enough to consider if God can do what you believe the interpretation is, there is nothing stopping him from doing it from all?
There is something stopping Him from doing it. Sin. If he did it, it would make God a liar, sinner and an unjust king, and that will not happen.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:13 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,136,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is something stopping Him from doing it. Sin. If he did it, it would make God a liar, sinner and an unjust king, and that will not happen.
Sin... stops... God?

Yet God sent His son to take away all sin?

Old 03-09-2011, 03:33 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,324,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

So God just imagines what he is not able to do through visions. You really have a low opinion of the ability and the power of God Finn.

In the beginning God said let there be and there was

Well this is is all over the vision of dry bones if you have eyes to see. He commanded Ezekiel to speak the word of God and there was, whether you believe this is literal or symbolic.That is how it played out.

You also need to understand that God is a faith God and calls the things that are not as though they were. So is God a liar for doing this ?.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:06 PM

9,693 posts, read 10,032,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Sin... stops... God?
Yet God sent His son to take away all sin?
God sent his Son Jesus to save Israel as in this prophecy but Israel has very little belief into Lord Jesus who has his hand on this State of Israel, and this State of Israel would be gone if Jesus removes his hand , but spiritually most people Of Israel are still dry bones from Ezekiel 37.....apart from the 2% Israel Christians believers of this servant David of Ezekiel 37: 25 who is Lord Jesus.... See all hope is gone for those who have died in unbelief, from John 3: 16.... Lord Jesus said thought the Lord God ....``For God so loved the world that he gave is only begotten Son , that whosoever BELIEVES in him should not perish , but have everlasting life``..............

Old 03-09-2011, 04:08 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,952,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Sin... stops... God?

I had a good laugh about that one.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:57 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,407,986 times
How can we possibly believe all hope is gone for those who have died in unbelief ?

Because that is what the Bible, God's Word says.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:15 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,848,314 times
Default At least someone is paying attention to what the Bible says, instead of what they want to think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
How can we possibly believe all hope is gone for those who have died in unbelief ?

Everything that we know about God, heaven, hell, Jesus Christ, God's Kingdom ... and God's amazing love and grace is spelled-out in the Bible. Anything we choose to believe about those things, that is inconsistent with the Bible or says something else, is at best, conjecture.

I'm continually amazed by the number of folks on the Christian forum who isolate bits and pieces of scripture that seems to say what they want to hear .... while blatantly ignoring hundreds of passages that clearly say something else! Such is the case with the scripturally-baseless notion that non-believers who refuse to believe and trust in Jesus Christ during this lifetime ... will somehow magically be transported into God's eternal kingdom with believers, when they die!

For one thing, Jesus clearly told Nicodemus: "Unless you are born again, you will NOT enter the Kingdom of heaven!" What is so hard to understand about that! God is not narrow-minded or bigoted (as so many call His teachings!) ... He has clearly and openly revealed His truth and then repeated it over and over and over again ... so that nobody has an excuse for not believing what it says!

It's almost unconscionable for someone to strip out obscure passages like Ezekial's 'dry bones' ... and build an entire eternal theology on that ... which contradicts the entire New Testament and Gospel of Christ! You may ridicule those who believe and trust the Bible as "fundies" or 'intolerant' --- but, I would much rather be found on the side of following God's Word too closely --- than, ignoring what it repeatedly says.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:23 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,136,399 times
Quote:

It does not say that anywhere in the bible.
On the contrary, this passage tells us of hope for everyone and everything:

Romans 8:20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:26 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,952,201 times
Quote:

Gods words says love never fails, so I guess that must be sarcasm in the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity